Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday December 18, 2014 - 10:32:49 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
German IFO Survey Gain. U.K. Retail Sales Strong. Markets Still Digesting Fed Decision
|German IFO Survey Gain. U.K. Retail Sales Strong. Markets Still Digesting Fed Decision|
December 18, 2014 .10:20:GMT
TOP NEWS ITEMS: US- Weekly Jobless, Markit Service PMI, Philly Fed, Lead Indicators
Global-View Economic Chart Directory
18 December-- 10:20 GMT- Current Market Conditions
Markets yesterday moved to a RISK ON posture following the Fed policy decision announced yesterday. Fed Chair Yellen clarified a muddled official statement saying at a minimum, there should be no rate hikes for the next "couple of meetings", and that policy is data-dependent. This was seen as dovish and pro-growth. In Europe, The German IFO survey and U.K. Retail Sales data improved. In Russia, President Putin said they would not expend lots of forex reserves defending the Rouble.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.
- In forex, the USD is trading mixed after a strong advance on Wednesday. The EUR is mostly lower on its key crosses
- The Commodity Currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) are higher vs. the USD. Gold and oil prices are up.
- In the Far East, equities closed mostly higher. The Japanese 10-yr JGB yield is 0.350%. -2 bp.
- Key European bourses are higher after the Fed. The 10-yr bund yield was 0.590%, -0.2.1bp. The U.K. yield is 1.814%, +5.4bp. European peripheral bond yields are mostly lower.
- The U.S 10-yr note yield is 2.135%, -0.5bp Equities are higher.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):
9:00 DE IFO Climate top German survey
9:30 GB Ret Sls mm consumer demand
13:30 US Initial Claims current job indicator
14:45 US Markit SVC PMI flash Key current sentiment survey
15:00 US Philly Fed Key current sentiment survey
4:30 JP Bank of Japan policy decision
5:00 JP Lead Indicators composite indicator
13:30 CA BOC CPI BOC targets inflation
13:30 CA Retail Sales consumer demand
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
||Markit SVC PMI flash
||Nat Gas bcf
||Bank of Japan
||CBI Dist Trades
||BOC CPI y
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..