Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Friday December 19, 2014 - 10:09:50 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
RISK ON Heading Into the Holiday Period. Equities Are Higher Again
|RISK ON Heading Into the Holiday Period. Equities Are Higher Again. |
December 19, 2014 .10:10:GMT
TOP NEWS ITEMS: JP- BOJ, CA- CPI, Retail Sales
Global-View Economic Chart Directory
19 December-- 10:10 GMT- Current Market Conditions
Markets remain in a RISK ON posture early on Friday heading into Christmas week. The conventional wisdom is that fund managers want to window dress their portfolios for their end of year reports to show they are invested in the winners for the year, and this gives shares an upward bias this time of year. Key Canadian data are due on the North American open.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.
- In forex, the USD is trading modestly higher at this hour. The EUR is mostly slightly higher on its key crosses
- The Commodity Currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) are mixed vs. the USD. Gold and oil prices are down.
- In the Far East, equities closed higher. The Japanese 10-yr JGB yield is 0.350%. 0 bp. The BOJ kept its easing bias.
- Key European bourses are higher. The 10-yr bund yield is 0.622%, +0.9.1bp. The U.K. yield is 1.902%, +3.4bp. European peripheral bond yields are mixed.
- The U.S 10-yr note yield is 2.229%, +2.3bp Equities are higher.
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):
4:30 JP Bank of Japan policy decision
5:00 JP Lead Indicators composite indicator
13:30 CA BOC CPI BOC targets inflation
13:30 CA Retail Sales consumer demand
Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
||CBI Dist Trades
||BOC CPI y
||Cons Conf prelim
See the FOREX FORUM. for actual data, selected charts, etc.) and comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
John M. Bland is a founding partner of Global-View.com. He was a FX consultant to major corporations. He has also been a institutional forex trader, FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service and an author. John has an MBA in Finance and a BA in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
|Copyright 2014, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.