Share This Story
TradeTheNews.com US Mid-Session Update: April Begins With Equity Declines
Wed, 01 Apr 2015 11:41 AM EST
- (IE) Ireland Mar Live Register Monthly Change: -4.7K v -4.3K prior;
Unemployment Rate: 10.0% v 10.1% prior
- (RO) Romania Mar International Reserves: $34.3B v $34.1B prior
- (ZA) South Africa Mar Naamsa Vehicle Sales Y/Y: 0.0% v 1.1% prior
- (US) MBA Mortgage Applications w/e Mar 27th: +4.6% v +9.5% prior
- (CZ) Czech Mar Budget Balance (CZK): 19.9B v 22.6B prior
- (BR) Brazil Feb Industrial Production M/M: -0.9% v -1.5%e; Y/Y: -9.1% v
- (US) Mar ADP Employment Change: +189K
- (BR) Brazil Mar Manufacturing PMI: 46.2 v 49.6 prior (2nd straight
contraction and lowest since Sept 2011)
- (CA) Canada Mar RBC Manufacturing PMI: 48.9 v 48.7 prior
- (US) Mar Final Markit Manufacturing PMI: 55.7 v 55.3e
- (US) Feb Construction Spending M/M:
-0.1% v -0.1%e
- (US) Mar ISM Manufacturing: 51.5 v
52.5e; Prices Paid: 39 v 38.0e
- (US) DOE Crude: +4.77M v +4.5Me; Gasoline: -4.26M v -1.0Me; Distillate:
+1.33M v -0.5Me;
Some weak US data out this morning undercut equities and sent the 10-year yield
down six basis points to 1.862%. As of writing, the DJIA is down 0.54%, the
S&P500 is off 0.42% and the Nasdaq is down 0.63%.
Both the ADP employment and the ISM
manufacturing reports for March were weaker than expected. ADP saw its lowest
reading since January 2014. Virtually all the new positions came from
the service sector, with the majority of those concentrated in small business.
The ISM manufacturing index fell to its lowest level in nearly two years and
marked its fifth month of m/m declines.
The API crude inventories registered their third consecutive build, while the
DOE report registered its 12th straight build in inventories. But with China data looking better and Iran
nuclear talks ending inconclusively, crude prices are up today, with WTI
stabbing back toward the $50 handle and Brent back around $56.
Yet another round of funding talks between Greece and its European partners
ended inconclusively yesterday. This
morning Der Spiegel reported Greece was threatening to defer payment of €450M
IMF loan that is due on April 9th if it didn't get funding. This would
constitute a big breach of Greece's commitments. Greek officials denied the
story, but the stress isn't helping today. Trading in EUR/USD has been
pretty choppy all morning, ranging from 1.0720 to 1.080.
Fiat Chrysler recorded its 60th
straight month of US sales gains in March while Ford, Nissan and General Motors
saw sales contract. Toyota's sales gained a strong 4.9% y/y in the
month, while GM was down 2%, Nissan dropped 2.7% and Ford fell 3.4%. Given the
bad weather, analysts had projected that overall sales volume would fall for
the first time in more than a year.
Simon Property Group ended its hostile bid for Macerich after its deadline for
a deal had passed. Two weeks ago SPG had raised its offer to $95./shr from
$91/shr and given Macerich an April 1 deadline to respond. The new offer was
valued at $23.2 billion counting debt.
GoDaddy's long-delayed IPO went down this morning. GoDaddy sold 22 million
shares, and the name opened for trade up more than 30% at $6.15/shr, generating
around $440 million for the company and valuing it around $4.5 billion.
- 12:00 (IT) Italy Mar New Car Registrations Y/Y: No est v 13.2% prior
- 12:00 (IT) Italy mar Budget Balance: No est v -€7.2B prior
- 14:00 (MX) Mexico Mar IMEF Manufacturing Index (Seasonally Adj): 51.0e v 50.7
prior; Non-Manufacturing Index (Seasonally Adj): 50.0e v 49.6 prior
- 14:00 (BR) Brazil Mar Trade Balance: -$0.4Be v -$2.8B prior; Total Exports:
$16.5Be v $12.1B prior; Total Imports: $16.9Be v $14.9B prior
- 20:30 (AU) Australia Feb Trade Balance: -A$1.3Be v -A$980M prior
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."