Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
Forex Market News - European Market Update - UK Industrial and Manufacturing Production Delcines in JulyEuropean Market Update - UK Industrial and Manufacturing Production Delcines in July
- The European indices are currently trading in positive territory in the session, trading higher as market participants become more optimistic on the â€śsub- prime situationâ€ť.
- Ahead of today's interest rate decisions, both gilts and European government bonds are trading lower. Spain soldâ‚¬1.61B in 3.90% 2012 Bonos overnight, with an average yield of 4.197%, and a bid-to- cover of 1.79x. The expected range for the auction was â‚¬1.5B-â‚¬1.8B, and the bid-to-cover compared to the average of 2.27x over the last three auctions. The current auction brings the amount outstanding for the issue to â‚¬8.196B. France sold â‚¬3.91B in 4.25% 2017 OATs with an average yield of 4.35%, and a bid-to-cover of 2.33x. The expected sale range was â‚¬3.8B-â‚¬4.3B, and the bid- to-cover compared to the average of 2.90x over the last three auctions.
- In a 1-day refi overnight the ECB injected â‚¬42.245B into the market with an average lending rate of 4.13%. The tender totaled â‚¬90.8B with 46 banks seeking liquidity.
- An ECB report to the EU was leaked to the press overnight. The report indicated that there will be no ECB rate hike at today's meeting. The report said that the EMU financial system is strong and resistant, but said that the tight credit squeeze could hurt the real economy.
- Swiss unemployment for the month of August unexpectedly rose to 2.6% from 2.5% in July, while the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate remained unchanged at 2.7%. Swiss unemployment remained near five-year lows as strong demand has resulted in increased hiring.
- Swedish industrial production for the month of July declined by more than expected to 0.3% m/m from 0.8% in June, and declined to 5.2% y/y from 5.5% as expected. Manufacturing production declined to -1. 7% m/m from 0.5% in June, and rose to 8.7% y/y from -5.3% in June.
- July industrial production in the UK unexpectedly declined to -0.1% m/m from a downwardly revised 0.0% in June, and rose by less than expected to 0. 9% y/y from 0.8% in June. Manufacturing production unexpectedly declined to -0.3% m/m from a downwardly revised 0.1% in June, and declined to 0.8% y/y from an upwardly revised 1.0% in June.
Change on Day: Global Bond Yields
COD Last At
German 2 0.048 4. 056
German 10 0.02 4.23
UK 2 0.024 5.385
UK 10 0. 025 5.06
US 2 0.025 4.033
US 10 0.027 4. 494
French 2 0.035 4.057
French 10 0.022 4. 325
Italian 2 0.042 4.213
Italian 10 0.022 4. 52
Change on Day: Global Indices
COD % COD
DAX 40.01 0.53% Intersession
CAC 40 27.67 0. 50% Intersession
FTSE 100 41.6 0.66% Intersession
Euro Stoxx 1.82 0.44% Intersession
Swiss Market 18.08 0. 20% Intersession
IBEX 35 6.6 0.05% Intersession
S&P/MIB 97 0. 25% Intersession
Nikkei 225 98.55 0.61% Closed
Hang Seng -18. 77 -0.08% Closed
Shanghai 82.944 1.56% Closed
Shenzhen 10. 079 0.68% Closed
ASX 200 20.04 0.62% Closed
Kospi 23.22 1. 24% Closed
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 20 October 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Fri 20 Oct
12:30 CA- Retail Sales & CPI
14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 Oct
All Day flash PMIs
Wed 25 Oct
01:30 AU- CPI
08:00 DE- IFO Survey
08:30 GB- GDP
14:00 CA- BOC Decision
14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Oct
11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
14:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
Fri 27 Oct
12:30 US- GDP
14:00 US- final Univ of Michigan
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: High Fri-- 12:30 GMT CA- Retail Sales and CPI. Top economic indicators.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Fri-- 14:00 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing statistic.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..