Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
Forex Market News - European Market Update - UK Average Earnings Grow in JulyEuropean Market Update - UK Average Earnings Grow in July
- The European indices are currently trading in negative territory in the session, reversing gains after the IEA trimmed its 2008 world growth forecast.
- European government bonds are currently trading lower in the session as are gilts over in the UK. In new supply overnight Germany sold â‚¬5.91B in 4.00% 2-year schatz with an average yield of 3.87% and a bid-to-cover of 1.4x. The bid-to-cover fell below the 2.0x seen at the last auction. The amount sold fell below the guided amount of â‚¬7.0B. The Portuguese IGCP sold â‚¬1.0B in 4.35% October 2017 PGBs overnight with an average yield of 4.364% and a bid-to-cover of 1. 785x. The auction brings the amount outstanding for the issue to â‚¬5.9B. The bid-to-cover on the last auction was 2.0x.
- In the UK overnight, the claimant count rate for the month of August was in line with consensus expectations at 2.6%, while July's reading was revised up to 2.7% from 2.6%. - The jobless claims change was slightly better than expected at -4.2K. Average earnings including bonus rose by more than expected to 3.5% in July from an upwardly revised 3.4% in June, while average earnings excluding bonus were in line with estimates at 3.5%. The ILO unemployment rate for the month of July was also in line with consensus estimates at 5.4%.
- Euro-Zone industrial production for the month of July was stronger than expected, with small upward revisions to June's readings. Industrial production was 0.6% m/m and 3.7% y/y, above estimates of 0.2% and 3.1% respectively.
- The Bank of England's King said overnight that the money-market rescue risks a future financial crisis, adding that interest rates could be adjusted quickly when necessary. King added that the BOE is monitoring credit conditions intensively, noting that the turmoil should not hurt economic growth in the long run.
- The German DIHK institute repeated its 2007 forecast for German GDP growth of 2. 8% â€śdespite the Euro FX levelsâ€ť but noted that they see the strong Euro hurting profit margins.
Change on Day: Global Bond Yields
COD Last At
German 2 0.004 3. 931
German 10 0.009 4.103
UK 2 -0.002 5.076
UK 10 -0.002 4.903
US 2 -0.025 3.916
US 10 -0.019 4. 349
French 2 0.005 3.945
French 10 0.004 4. 22
Italian 2 0.01 4.1
Italian 10 0 4. 414
Change on Day: Global Indices
COD % COD
DAX -21.19 -0.28% Intersession
CAC 40 -0.07 0. 00% Intersession
FTSE 100 -21.4 -0.34% Intersession
Euro Stoxx -0.82 -0.20% Intersession
Swiss Market 1.12 0. 01% Intersession
IBEX 35 -59.4 -0.43% Intersession
S&P/MIB - 89 -0.23% Intersession
Nikkei 225 -80.07 -0.50% Closed
Hang Seng 357.9 1.49% Closed
Shanghai 58.659 1. 15% Closed
Shenzhen 20.416 1.46% Closed
ASX 200 -11.13 -0. 34% Closed
Kospi -33.84 -1.83% Closed
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Mar 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Tue 20 Mar 2018
AA 9:30 GB- CPI
A 10:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Mar 2018
AA 03:00 AU- Employment
AA 9:30 GB- Employment
A 12:30 US- Current Account
AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A A 18:00 US- Fed Rate Decision
A 21:00 NZ- RBNZ Rate Decision
Thu 22 Mar 2018
AA All Day flash PMIs
AA 9:30 GB- Retail Sales
AA 12:00 GB- Bank Of England Decision
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Mar 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.