Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
Forex Market News - U.S. Market Update U.S. Market Update 10:55 EDT
Dow - 39 S&P -6.6 NASDAQ -22.5
- Weakness across the pond led to a lower open for U.S. equities. The FTSE is trading off 1.5% as media reports swirled over the weekend highlighting vast withdrawals by Northern Rock depositors. Early U.S. losses are manageable with financials the poorest performing group. GS -2% LEH -2.5% BSC -2% MER -2.8% C -1.5% BCS - 2.6% General Motors +1.25% continues to support the Dow on hopes that a labor agreement will be reached soon. Monsanto has added 3.5% after raising guidance. A handful of buyout announcements and speculative reports have remerged. EDO +6.5% TPC +17% BOBJ +7% MNST +1% Treasury markets are a little lower ahead tomorrow's expected rate cut by the Fed. The Benchmark U.S. yield has climbed back to 4.485%. Precious metals futures have seen continued upward pressure with Gold and Silver up another 1% today. Oct crude is also holding near session highs at $79.70.
- GBP was off its European lows as growing concerns over Northern Rock Financial festered into the currency markets again on Monday. The GBP broke below the 2.00 handle to test 1.9950 before rebounding. Dealers noted BBC showing footage of longs lines of customers seeking to withdraw funds. The BBC's business editor noted that some Â£2bn have been withdrawn, which represents about 8% of the Â£24bn. The GBP was also stymied by comments from Building Societies Association, which forecasted a 50/50 chance of a BOE rate cut by the end of 2007. GBP/USD was at 2.0020 as the European morning came to a close, down 70 pips from its opening levels seen in Asia. The Euro once again retested (and held) its former all-time high support level of 1.3850. The softer July trade balance was cited that perhaps the strong Euro is impacting the export sector. Lobby group BusinessEurope noted that the Euro's strength is reaching a threshold of pain for companies. However, Softer Sept Empire Manufacturing data came in below expectations, to keep USD bulls on the defensive. A Eurogroup meeting over the weekend brought out a plethora of government and central bank speakers. Overall, the theme that global growth remains robust keeping the baseline European growth forecast, is holding; but risks to growth are still on the downside . CAD maintained its firm tone as it traded at fresh 30-year highs against the USD at 1.0241.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.