Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
Forex Market News - Trade the News - U.S. Market UpdateU.S. Market Update
Dow +19 S&P +4 NASDAQ +9
- Equity markets are holding in positive territory but gains are modest despite another gloomy snapshot of the housing sector. New homes sales dipped again along with the median price while months supply rose. Overall markets showed little reaction to the latest data as the weakness already seemed to be priced in. SLM is added 7% after the Co. and the Flowers Group indicated they are will to renegotiate. BSC is down $0.75 as the stock attempts to digest yesterday's surge while GM is giving back 2%. Credit agencies MHP and MCO are moving higher after the WSJ and the FT profiled the recent scrutiny to companies are receiving from the SEC and Congress. U.S. Treasury markets are marginally higher with the 30-year yield at 4.86% and the Benchmark yielding 4.6%. December gold has been higher all morning but is some $4 from its best levels at $739. Natural Gas is off 3% after inventory data while Crude is near session highs up 1.8% at $81.80
- The USD again exhibited broad base weakness between its European and commodity trading counterparts. The USD woes were attributed to FX chatter ahead of the NY open that the August US New Homes sales data has been 'leaked' and would be worse than the -5.2% forecasted. The actual data release was -8.3% but provided a 'relief rally' for the USD as it was below the whisper number of a 10.0% decline. The US Dollar Index hits all-time low below 78.19. EUR/USD is ending the NY morning at the 1.4150 level after testing 1.4189. GBP/USD trades at 2.0225 after hitting session highs of 2.0285. JPY remains soft in relation to its currency pairs. Dealers note the anticipation of the Japanese Toshin funds being launched on Thursday and Friday. Some chatter that the Toshin Fund launch could amount to between $13B-$19B. Dealers will evaluate if these funds are well subscribed. USD/JPY is seeing offers on the approach of 115.70-80, and USD Buy-stops rumored to be above 116.05 level. AUD/JPY extends gains to fresh 6-week highs of 101.90, its highest level since August 9th.expectation of Uridashi demand as well. NZD/JPY hit 6-m highs of 86.95. Commodity currencies remain firm as CAD continues to cling to parity and AUD reproaching its August highs of 0.8880. OECD noted that the Bank Of England may Need To Cut Interest Rates because recent market Turmoil May Weaken UK Economic Growth. ECB's Trichet reiterated views from the Sept 6th press conference that the Baseline scenario remains unchanged despite recent market turmoil. Trichet stressed that the ECB will continue to gather data and evaluate conditions ahead of the next monetary policy meeting. And that the ECB will do whatever is necessary to anchor inflationary expectations.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.