Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
Forex Market News - Trade the News - U.S. Market Update U.S. Market Update
Dow -35 S&P -4.1 NASDAQ -9
- Rising commodity prices and the falling U.S. Dollar continue to set the tone for most markets. The U.S. Dollar Index broke to new all time lows trading below 78 for the first time. December Gold has spent much of the morning at or above $750 pushing the XAU back within striking distance of its highs for the year made just last month. The EUR has hit fresh all-time highs above the 1.42 handle. This is the seventh straight day of all-time highs in the EUR/USD pair.
Dealers noted that they have seen fresh long Euro positions established above the 1.42 level. The GBP shrugged off reports that financial firm Northern Rock (NRK.UK) borrowed another Â£5B from the BoE. NRK.UK has incurred indebtedness to BoE of Â£8B. GBP is recovering from 2. 0200 lows to probe the 2.04 area. EU's Almunia noted that he was a bit more worried by the USD fall in value, but reiterated the inflation protection from a higher Euro. The USD also hurt by softer prices paid component released in the Chicago PMI report. Fed's Lockhart added to the USD woes in late NY trading after noting that Q3 growth is likely in range of 2.5% and that Q4 would likely fall below 2.5%. USD/JPY is trading at 114. 80, and USD/CHF at 1.1665. IMF noted that in Q2 the USD share as the world's reserve currency fell to 64.8% to 64.9% prior. Euro's share rose by 0.1% to 25.6%. USD/CAD hit fresh 31-year lows as it broke below the 0.933 level on the back of higher commodity prices. Along with the strength in gold, front month crude has been holding near $83.50. U.S. equity indices are holding in moderately negative territory but digesting the recent move up reasonably well as decliners lead advancers by less than a 2:1 margin. Treasury futures have ticked higher led by the 30-year, which is up nearly half a point. The long bond yields 4.79% and the benchmark has slipped back to 4.53%.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.