Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
Forex Market News - Trade the News - US Market Update US Market Update
Dow +31 S&P +3.8 NASDAQ +4.6
- Indices attempt to claw higher as commodity prices rebound. After a couple of sessions that saw some profit taking, oil and metals futures are ticking higher giving a boost to the related stocks. Dec gold is up 1% to $746 helping the XAU +2.2% re- approach 1-year highs. Nov crude has ticked back above $80 leading to some gains for the OIH +1%. The DJ Transportation Average +0.8% has shrugged off some slightly lower Q3 guidance from NSC to post solid gains. Other notable pre-announcements have continued to trickle in as the official earnings season looks to kick-off today with Alcoa. MCHP is off 10% after guiding lower leading to some relative weakness in some of the other semis SMH -0.9%. PLCE -6.5% is weak after cutting guidance also. Treasury futures are holding near modest session highs. The Benchmark yield sits at 4.614% while the 2-year offers 4.07%. The Treasury confirmed it would be auctioning off $6B in 10-year TIPS on Thursday, but markets are mostly quiet as participants await this afternoons FOMC minutes.
- The EUR/USD held above the 1.40 level in early NY trading as rumored Sovereign, Middle East and Asian bids were alleged to be in effect. The USD was initially firmer as ECB's Trichets noted that FX would be discussed at upcoming G7 next week. Trichet reiterated the Ecofin view that Europe will engage in a dialog with China about improving its FX flexibility. Lastly, Trichet stated that the ECB would continue to monitor FX developments closely. The Euro firmed during the NY morning on the back of higher commodity prices. Oil climbed back towards $80 after Turkish Prime Minister stated that orders would be given for any measures including North Iraq operation to curtail rebel PKK attacks. Recall that in July, Turkey amassed 50K troops along the Northern Iraq border in response to Kurdish safe haven camps of PKK rebels. The EUR/GBP tested session highs as GBP weakened after Chancellor Darling lowered 2008 GDP growth forecast, to 2.0% - 2.5% range from prior 2.5% - 3.0% expectations. A White House Homeland security report noted that Al Qaeda is likely to intensify efforts to place operatives inside US hurt the US Dollar sentiment. Qatari Oil Minister stated that Oil prices would remain in USD despite its recent soft tone. These comments come on the back that on Sept 26th Saudi Arabia announced that it intended to stick to its USD peg.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.