Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
Forex Market Update - Trade the News - US Market UpdateDow - 57 S&P -4.1 NASDAQ +3.6
- Indices are mixed in trading on Wednesday.
Aerospace names were weighing upon the Dow after BA announced that it would delay the deliveries of it 787 Dreamliner by 6 months until Nov/Dec 2008.
- Energy names were initially softer after lower guidance were issued by Valero and Chevron.
- US bonds stated the session on a soft tone in follow through selling related to the FOMC minutes as dealers rethought the potential of any additional FED ease. The US 10 year yielding 4.632%, while the 2-year offered at 4.124%. Former Fed Chairman Greenspan reiterated his cautious tone noting that the credit cruch will eventually takes it toll on US economy and the consumer.
- The USD remained on the defensive against the European currencies on Wednesday. The soft tone attributed to various government officials not expressing overly concern about the USD's decline. UK's Chancellor Darling bluntly stated that G7 should concentrate on long-term structural reforms, not currencies. Fed's Rosengren stated that a weaker USD has both benefits and drawbacks. The fed member noted that a weak Dollar is "potential concern" for inflation; yet can be helpful for exports.
The EUR/USD broke above its recent resistance area of 1.4160 on chatter that Eastern Europe names have a strong appetite for Euros. Note that the Russian Central Bank stated in today session that they were raising FY inflation forecast at end of September. Last Friday after US payroll data, the Russian central bank was stated to be good Euro buyers to counter the actions taken to curb RUB appreciation.
CHF price action was mixed at the currency firmed against the USD to test 1.1800, but weakened to a fresh 10 Â½ year low against the Euro at 1.6729.
BOE says no bids received again at Â£10B 3 month auction . The two-year yields rose by 16bp, the largest rise in over 4 years to 5.27%.
Dealers noting that Yield curves flattened among the major industrial powers in today's session. GBP/USD tested 2.0476 before retracing its session gains to hover around the 2.0430 area.
Bank of Intl Settlement (BIS) stated that central banks have sold 476 tons of gold during the past year as per prior accord. Gold was firmer throughout the session on the weaker USD sentiment.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.