Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
Trade the News - U.S. Market Update U.S. Market Update
Dow -201 S&P -20 NASDAQ -37.9
- CAT shaved their FY guidance following eps that was below expectations. MMM and MCD revenues were a little light of consensus expectations. Wachovia reported another disappointing quarter for a major US Bank and noted on their conference call that they have some $7B in exposure to SIVs. Traders continue to fear a repeat of this summer's liquidity crunch in debt markets, as well as a possible spillover of housing weakness that could lead to a more pronounced slowdown to growth. It is against this backdrop that money continues to flee equity markets for the relative safety of government bonds. The long bond is up another 1.25 points and its yield has dropped below 4.7%. T- bill rates have given back some 100 basis points since Monday pushing the TED spread (Difference between T-bill and LIBOR rates) back to August levels. Adding to today's equity slide is real weakness in the energy complex. SLB is off nearly 10% after a disappointing earnings report. The OIH trades down nearly 5% in sympathy. November crude tested $90 overnight but retreated back below $88 mid-morning. Google continues to dazzle as the stock is well off of session highs but still posting gains after another strong earnings report.
- The FX market is focused on the G7 communiquÃ© to be issued at the Washington DC summit after trading today to see if any new insights are provided in regards to the Group' s outlook on currencies, in particular the weak USD. With the Euro near the 1.43 level, market participants ponder if any direct reference will be made to Euro strength or USD weakness. In the past, the G7 states that the currencies should reflect fundamentals. Throughout the week, European and Canadian officials have talked openly about China's FX policy and the need for greater flexibility of the Yuan. The JPY was the main currency mover in today's session as credit crunch concerns returned to the front burner. The recent wave of poor US bank earnings throughout the past few days has increased volatility globally. EUR/JPY cross is testing the 163.70 level in the mid NY morning, USD/JPY has moved below 115. JPY is also firmer on possible tougher G7 language and a weaker US stock market.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 11 December 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 12 Dec
09:30 GB- CPI
10:00 GB- ZEW Survey
13:30 US- PPI
Wed 13 Dec
00:30 AU- Employment
09:30 GB- Unemployment
13:30 US- CPI
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- Fed Decision
Thu 14 Dec
07:30 CH- SNB Decision
All Day- Global- flash PMIs
12:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
13:30 US- Retail Sales
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
14:45 US- Industrial Production
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Mediun Tue--10:00 GMT-- DE- ZEW. Second Tier Sentiment Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium Tue--13:30 GMT-- US- PPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium Wed--09:30 GMT-- GB- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed--13:30 GMT-- US- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed--15:30 GMT-- US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: High Wed--19:00 GMT-- US- Fed Decision
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Thu --00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Thu --All day-- global- flash PMIs
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --07:30-- CH- Swiss National Bank Decision
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --09:30-- GB- Retail Sales
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..