Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Saturday November 10, 2007 - 23:19:28 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Preview of BOJ Policy Meeting
GVI BOJ Policy Meeting Preview
- Decision: November 13
- Current Overnight Target Rate: 0.50%
- Expected decision: No change.
- Despite a lot of empty bluster by the central bank, no increase in rates is likely from the BOJ anytime soon. Note below that core and headline CPI remain mildly deflationary. Also the economy has started to slow again. The political situation also is in turmoil. Despite official talk about policy "normalization" a move to higher rates anytime soon is unlikely and would probably be ill-advised. Note in the short-term rate chart below that the markets have been adjusting down the odds of future hikes.
BANK OF JAPAN Policy Objective: The Bank of Japan Law states that the Bank's monetary policy should be "aimed at, through the pursuit of price stability, contributing to the sound development of the national economy."
The chart above shows year/year core nationwide CPI and the reported BOJ goal of between 0% and 2% for this price index.
The chart above shows the current three month libor rate, the current BOJ overnight rate target and where the futures markets are currently trading three month rates for the specified periods in the future. The chart also includes comparisons of where these futures rates were trading most recently, a week ago and four weeks ago. The chart provides a view on where the markets feel Japanese interest rates are headed.
The chart above shows the Japanese overnight rate target, three month libor, and two- and ten-year bond yields over the past twelve months.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.