User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
FOREX FORUM
24/10/14 8:30 A GB GDP QQ con: 0.70% pre: 0.90%
24/10/14 8:30 A GB GDP YY con: 3.00% pre: 3.20%
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 21:51 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
nh 21:45 ok. not good nuff for profit generation as no way to put some sort of meter / toll on that. so I wait for new improved version.

Yes or No
dc CB 21:47 GMT 10/23/2014
Livingston nh 21:15 GMT
One of the problems w/ housing/mortgage since 2007 was the failure to use Fannie Freddie as the primary conduit for MBS and new mortgage money

in case you hadn't noticed, Fannie and Freddie went bankrupt.

I made a bit of change on them. FNM traded on the NYSE at $35 a share, when I shorted it....went to 0

BREAKING NEWS
Livingston nh 21:45 GMT 10/23/2014
JP - when I want the attention of the next generation I merely unplug the router - BUT I am open to other ideas

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 21:44 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):

FRIDAY
08:30 GB GDP-- broadest measure of economy
14:00 US New Homes Sales-- housing measure

BREAKING NEWS
Livingston nh 21:42 GMT 10/23/2014
JP - sorry I missed your plague inquiry - yes // another reason to sell EUR - the spread of Ebola beyond previous outbreaks is a do-gooder problem in Europe - Trading vessels (and occupants) might be burned in prior centuries - this is no longer ACCEPTABLE -- the new improved Europe allows refugee immigrants so the spread should be quick

In the US we think the do-gooder volunteers should be allowed to spread the virus and the pres, always reluctant to offend, agrees - hence no travel ban or containment until (WAIT FOR IT) the pharma companies gear up (no cure but a daily pill)

the Great Unwashed won't panic because all previous alerts (swine, HK, bird flu etc.- faux science) have been false alarms -- ahh, but when the WOLF finally appears nobody takes warning seriously

ah but I'm sure it will be different this time

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 21:37 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
nh 20:49 pray tell how far/close you are to "breaking bad social habits" . I might have a business proposal.

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 21:36 GMT 10/23/2014

The state Department of Health is closely monitoring this potential case and is working with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and the Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to ensure that all appropriate protocols are being followed to protect public health and safety.
This patient is undergoing testing at Bellevue Hospital, which is one of the eight hospitals statewide that Governor Cuomo designated earlier this month as part of his Ebola Preparedness Plan to handle potential cases.

++++++++++++++++
So go about your business, spend, consume, walk around, use Uber... and we'll let u know in 12 hours if this chap that's been in NYC for 10 days is infected with a deadly disease

New York Department Of Health Issues Statement On Suspected Ebola Case

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 21:21 GMT 10/23/2014

GOPRO RATED NEW UNDERPERFORM AT OPPENHEIMER, PT $45: BBG

sorry Selfie Crowd...get a great shot of the flames and post it on Vimeo.

Yes or No
Livingston nh 21:15 GMT 10/23/2014
One of the problems w/ housing/mortgage since 2007 was the failure to use Fannie Freddie as the primary conduit for MBS and new mortgage money -- instead the Fed jumped into a situation it neither understood nor could help // everything the Fed bought in mortgages was not directed to new mortgages

Where's Ginko?
tokyo ginko 21:01 GMT 10/23/2014
I am long equity index..(asia/japan/USA) so it will be nice if hit 2000..on and off..I may buy/sell to lower my cost..but

first eyeing 109.30 levels..

cheers!

Yes or No
dc CB 20:54 GMT 10/23/2014
Mtl JP 17:54 GMT October 23, 2014 -

what The Banks want in this new deal is a "clause or guarentee" from Freddie/Fannie, that when they write more crappy mortgages with that 3% downpayment, and those mortgages, when package and resold and resold, some to Fannie and Freddie...when that pile of crap blows up again.....THEY CANNOT BE FORCED TO BUY BACK THOSE MORTGAGES.

That's the jist of all this....we must make money available to the commoner so that we can sell off all these old, haven't been lived in for years, houses.

In my area, the northern reach of the Balt Wash DC commuter run(not the Northern Most tho), the builders are putting up $600K to $1.5M houses on what was pristine farmland. Whlie right down the road, houses sit empty, many houses, middleclass stuff that got sold for well over $350K during the Boom...now on some bank's books at Full Value, But it sits empty...for years.

PIVOT POINTS: Trading System
GVI Forex 20:53 GMT 10/23/2014

USD & EUR Pivots. Chart Point tables. Click chart icon to store in browser tab.

Using Pivot Points in Forex Trading:
A Simple but Effective Trading System

BREAKING NEWS
Livingston nh 20:49 GMT 10/23/2014
jp - hehehe I see that lack of response in verbal communication with my grandchildren (my kids know better) - they come into house, say hello and sit at the dining room table and TEXT, PLAY or whatever

I'm working on breaking bad social habits

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 20:44 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
dc CB what d u think: where is this heading ?

Can Forex Brokers Make a Difference in Your Trading (follow up)?
GVI Forex 20:43 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile

In response to our latest Ask Your Advocate article, I got the following reply from a highly respected trader. The reason I am doing this follow up is the reply brought up some good points and highlights the difference between brokers. Any broker can give good fills in a quiet market. It is in active markets that quality brokers can make a difference. See why.
Can Forex Brokers Make a Difference in Your Trading (follow up)?

Sometimes
Livingston nh 20:43 GMT 10/23/2014
I usually use candlestick chart but sometimes a simple line chart close is useful to simplify things especially when comparing levels thru timeframes - for example, the USD/JPY shows the daily as the weakest chart of the hrly, 4 hrly and wkly - MACD or RSI indicator may help depending on your time trading bubble

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 20:39 GMT 10/23/2014

but AMZN gets a dime for every business they put out of business, and a quarter for every bookstore...

plus 50cents for every Amurican they keep Stupid by shutting down all those bookstores.

all that goes into Jeff's private acct.

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Risk-On
GVI Forex john 20:22 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
Closing Values...

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 20:13 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
MSFT beats

BREAKING NEWS
Livingston nh 20:09 GMT 10/23/2014
John - but what about EBITDA?? we lose a nickel on every sale but we make it up in volume

one born every minute

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 20:05 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
Amazon big miss.

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 20:03 GMT 10/23/2014

POSSIBLE NYC EBOLA PATIENT DID NOT SELF-QUARANTINE: CNN

but all you have to do is drink plently of liquids...yeh that's the ticket.

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 20:03 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
nh r u refering to Black Death of 1348/50 which saw the great unwashed lose faith in their then rulers ?

So far I don't see enuff distrust and much less panic sufficient to pull down current social overlord order.

BREAKING NEWS
Livingston nh 19:48 GMT 10/23/2014
14th century Europe provides some medical guidelines for dealing with the problem and Monty Python shows the consequences of failure

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex 19:47 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile

(Reuters) - A New York City hospital is running Ebola tests on a doctor who returned to the United States from West Africa with a fever and gastrointestinal symptoms, the city's Health Department said on Thursday.

Preliminary test results were expected in the next 12 hours...

New York City says hospital testing doctor with Ebola-like symptoms

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 19:42 GMT 10/23/2014
reported as 12hrs for results.

see my NY Post
dc CB 19:07 GMT

he's apparently not just "a healthcare worker" (but maybe that's the Czar at work on the "Story")

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex john 19:42 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 19:36 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
how long for ebola tests results - 15 minutes ?

BREAKING NEWS
Livingston nh 19:29 GMT 10/23/2014
Nervous markets and the slightest breeze

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 19:28 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
Officials say a healthcare worker in New York City is being tested at Bellevue Hospital for possible Ebola- CNBC

News hit Stocks...

RISK ON: U.S. Equity Markets Rebound as Investors Jump Back in. Flash PMI Data Mixed
Livingston nh 19:27 GMT 10/23/2014
the interesting AQR issue is not the number of banks that FAIL but their location and the amount of Capital needed to make them good - where does the money come from?

France and Italy telling EU that budget compliance is unlikely next year - does EU agree or do the miscreants explain the meaning of Sovereignty?

and the ECB and Bundesbank may need to air their laundry in public -- who's in charge here?
LINK

U.S. Stocks Fading
dc CB 19:21 GMT 10/23/2014

The Ghoul trades stopped tanking

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Mixed Risk
dc CB 19:18 GMT 10/23/2014

fwiw. the 5 is the only one of the Big 3 (5,10,30) that hasn't closed the Columbus Day Gap

BREAKING NEWS
Paris ib 19:14 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
rafe - I don't know what you are talking about. The U.K. establishment wanted a job done. Soros did the job. And he got paid for it. He wasn't betting or guessing or investing. He had the full force of the establishment behind him. He worked for them. People who lost would have been small business people, industry.... the usual non insiders.

BREAKING NEWS
Caribbean! Rafe... 19:09 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
IB// I know what your saying but the ground reading was in Soros favor which is why he won in the first place, and the truth is that he made a profit, had they listened to him they would not have been in such a predicament, ground reality is that it's their loss... LOL.

U.S. Stocks Fading
dc CB 19:07 GMT 10/23/2014
The E word is back. Hope the CZAR get's on it or Stox will crash.
Algos see the E and sell.

Doctor who treated Ebola patients rushed to NYC hospital
October 23, 2014 - 2:44pm New York Post

Doctor who treated Ebola patients rushed to NYC hospital

U.S. Stocks Fading
Paris ib 19:02 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
Sell off on U.S. bonds keeps going. It sure has been an interesting move. Higher rates are not stock market supportive in a 'liquidity driven' rally.

STOCKMARKET
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 19:02 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
Great call!

STOCKMARKET
london red 18:35 GMT 10/23/2014
75/76 s&p. futs 6 pts lower. i bet they pause up there.

BREAKING NEWS
Paris ib 18:58 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
rafe - Soros was insider trading for the BOE. That's not possible for most people. It was a h.ell of a time to be in the market o/n rates went up to 500% - you couldn't make money even if you got the direction right. So you know, feed the legend but remember the reality on the ground was different.

RISK ON: U.S. Equity Markets Rebound as Investors Jump Back in. Flash PMI Data Mixed
GVI Forex Blog 18:58 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: GB- GDP, US- New Homes Sales

Friday sees U.K. GDP, and U.S. New Homes Sales, Over the weekend, European clocks are turned back. Markets have been setting up for the Fed meeting decision next Wednesday. Market confidence will be important for the FOMC. Markets also await ECB stress tests results Sunday. One report says at least 11 of 130 banks have failed.

BREAKING NEWS
Caribbean! Rafe... 18:54 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
The point is that front running the BOE the point is now matter if your a tech, a speck or a fleck, the point is to get on the train before everyone realizes where the moneys flowing, it is known as smart money or FIFO. The public uses the LICO technique, Last In, Candles out...

BREAKING NEWS
Caribbean! Rafe... 18:48 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
I'm off boys... see you all in a couple months...

A small piece of motivation for the true bloods.

I'll be reading occasionally but no more posting of targets or clarifying the mysterious adages of "you can only be an analyst or a money manager but not both" which is an erroneous excuse (as that is only creating space for failure). It just depends on what your blood is made of. I speak from experience, I treasure my anonymity, less is more... Long live Soros!!

gl gt.

BREAKING NEWS
Paris ib 18:45 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
"the "Soros put" is a legacy hedge position that the 84-year old has been rolling over every quarter since 2010"

That Put

BREAKING NEWS
PAR 18:44 GMT 10/23/2014
Imho got out at the low last thursday ,as did everyone else interviewed on CNBC and Bloomberg . in current market there are just no sellers, everybody afraid of Yellen & Bullard .

BREAKING NEWS
Paris ib 18:38 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
red - yeah it would be good to get details on the Soros put. It's been around a while and keeps going up in value even as its mark to market value must have sunk like a stone.

The Put

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 18:35 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
CB 18:11 for the cad$ nothing yet

STOCKMARKET
london red 18:35 GMT 10/23/2014
75/76 s&p. futs 6 pts lower. i bet they pause up there.

STOCKMARKET
PAR 18:33 GMT 10/23/2014
Dow up more than 300 points . Who is buying . I taught all the smart guys bought last week thursday below 16000 almost a 1000 points lower .

BREAKING NEWS
london red 18:33 GMT 10/23/2014
the put is probably only one side of the trade. i was once introduced to some folk that where usually short the index and individual components, the laggards i think,were changed from underweight/overweight at the end of the days trade (or on the open i forget which now). now this was supposed to perform in a bull market amongst others. really its immaterial what they did but i suppose they lost on the short index side.
its also unheard of to have a naked 2 yard position. there ia always the other side. well unless you're jerome and worked for paribas of course.

Next Page

Must Read Articles

Ask Your Advocate: Are Forex Brokers to Blame for Traders Losing Money?
EXCLUSIVE: How to Become a Better Trader Guide
Do You Want to be a Successful Forex Trader? Part One
Video: Forex Trading Outlook for the Week of October 20, 2014

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2012 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105