User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
30/11/15 13:00 A DE fl HICP yy con: 0.40% pre: 0.20%
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
Deep Thoughts
dc CB 03:42 GMT 11/28/2015
Ineptitude? or Culling of the Herd?

Wait and Die.

No Problem. ANY MORE

Ideas from the Land of OUT OF IDEAS.

Navigating the Takata Airbag Recall

Sydney ACC 00:31 GMT 11/28/2015
It was explained on Bloomberg that In Belgium and France people have cut back on their use of public transport , are using their motor vehicles to travel. Are shopping nearby at more expensive shops rather than larger shopping centres. As a consequence consumers are spending more.

HK RF@ 22:37 GMT 11/27/2015

Probably the most, is demoralization of people B4 Xmas, which can affect shopping, thus a decline in consumer index etc.

People may be even afraid to leave their houses in some places.

GVI Forex john bland 22:26 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile
I like to post these events in case they develop into something with broader implications. You never know initially!

HK RF@ 22:18 GMT 11/27/2015

Active shooter at Colorado Springs.....

Common US event; A no event.

GVI Forex john bland 19:13 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile
Report: Active shooter at Colorado Springs, Colorado Planned Parenthood facility.

Source: TTN

Heating up the Geopolitical Tension
Israel Dil 18:46 GMT 11/27/2015
so, what the US and Russia will make Turkey/Erdoğan to pay to get out this situation?

IF facts are as Russia claims then it's NATO as whole organisation to blame or Turkey acted as a rouge member within NATO.

gold, diamonds, only physical.... if you interested, I would love to supply you with the diamonds

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex Blog 18:02 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile

Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database

Friday's Trading Thread
london red 17:48 GMT 11/27/2015
euro. hourly wick in place and if closes around 95 then nxt hour close unlikely to be higher. cable looking v soft into close. some stops likely below wks low ahead of that 150 barrier. eurgbp likely to take the brunt of any cable fallout but given the st tech euro unlikely to sustain any gifts from cable.

dc CB 17:43 GMT 11/27/2015
Bondarev also mentioned the memorandum of understanding regarding the campaign in Syria, signed by Moscow and Washington on October 26. In accordance with this agreement, the Russian side informed its American counterparts about the mission of the two bombers in the north of Syria on November 24, including the zones and heights of operation.

" We told our US partners in advance where, when at what altitudes our pilots were going to operate. The US-led coalition, which includes Turkey, was aware of the time and place where our planes would operate. And this is exactly where and when we were attacked. Why did we share this information with the Americans? Either they don't control their allies, or they just pass this information left and right without realizing what the consequences of such actions might be. We will have to have a serious talk with our US partners.

Bondarev called attention to the readiness of the Turkish media, which released a professionally-made video of the incident recorded from an area controlled by extremists a mere 1.5 hours after the Su-24 was downed.

Chief Of Russian Air Force Accuses Turkey Of Coordinated Ambush On Downed Jet

Friday's Trading Thread
dc CB 17:19 GMT 11/27/2015
online sales surpassed last years already

think that will be the case here in the US also. first the entire mid section of the country is in the midst of ice rain snow. Second, fear of going out into the matter what the O sez.

O's weekend address: said the Syrian Refugees are just like the Pilgrims.

Then there's this, which probably has the US Consumer Units thinking (link)....pallleeeezzzz...declare Martial Law and be done with it so we can have a Merry Christmas.

FBI using elite surveillance teams to track at least 48 high-risk ISIS suspects

Friday's Trading Thread
london red 17:10 GMT 11/27/2015
in the uk, store sales were a disappointment against expectations of bumper sales, but online sales surpassed last years already by the afternoon. there will be a trade in this for cable but now not the time.

GVI Forex Blog 17:09 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile

Friday 27 November 2015

ECB easing alongside US employment report gives scope for big currency moves

Macroprudential policy action could buy the BoE time before raising rates

Global activity trends a focus alongside geopolitical risks   WEEK AHEAD: ECONOMIC DATA ANALYSIS

Friday's Trading Thread
dc CB 17:04 GMT 11/27/2015
Cracks in the Plan??

RampaLooza of the USD/JPY is having Zero effect on jamming the DOW into the green for a Postitive Thankgiving trading session.

The Always UP and Never Down super-low volume day looking like a bust....NEWZ reports will be forced to say "the MarkIT was mixed"

Will the November Windows get dressed on Monday?
Will the Chinese sell-off continue and give Yellen/Fisher/(Goldman) an excuse to not Hike.
Will no hike be seen this time as a Vote of No Confidence in the touted Recovery.

All questions the US Consumer Units will be thinking about this shopping weeked.

Onward to CyberMonday.

Never Let Crisis Go By
Mtl JP 16:53 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile
Hans-Werner Sinn, Professor of Economics and Public Finance at the University of Munich, is President of the Ifo Institute for Economic Research and serves on the German economy ministry’s Advisory Council.

Can the Islamic State Unify Europe?

..."It is time for the EU to change its approach to integration. Instead of continuing to push for unbalanced fiscal integration, it must work to implement key elements of political union, including an integrated police force, common asylum laws, a single foreign policy, and, above all, a united army." .../.. emphasis added
Resistance is futile: united army is the cement.

Economic recovery? Thanksgiving shopping at stores ‘was a bust’
dc CB 16:42 GMT 11/27/2015
Not even refered to as a "family" anymore.

The US Consumer Unit

Friday's Trading Thread
london red 16:30 GMT 11/27/2015
euro. 23 28 stop over 43 tgts 106 10580
if seen. big if.

Economic recovery? Thanksgiving shopping at stores ‘was a bust’
HK RF@ 16:30 GMT 11/27/2015

Thanksgiving shopping at stores ‘was a bust’

Traffic at stores declined on Thanksgiving Day and into the wee hours of Black Friday analysts say, though executives at major retailers were pleased with the turnout.

“We believe Thanksgiving shopping was a bust,” said analysts at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in a note. They conducted channel checks in the New York metro area, New England and the Southeast region starting on Thanksgiving Day and throughout the night into Black Friday.

SunTrust said specialty retail and apparel team members who went to malls “had no problem finding parking or navigating stores” and “there seemed to be more browsing than buying and less items purchased.”
“It doesn’t look much busier than an average Saturday morning,” said Yruma.

Friday's Trading Thread
london red 15:44 GMT 11/27/2015
friday ldn fixing showing its teeth.

GVI Data Calendar for 30 November 2015
GVI Forex Blog 15:36 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile

November 27, 2015 ( UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Monday, November 30, 2015. Trading News Calendar

• Far East: no major data
  • Europe: DE- flash HICP
  • North America: US- Chicago PMI, Pending Homes Sales

15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
01:00 CN- PMI
03:30 AU- RBA Decision
08:55 DE- Jobless
09:00 EZ- MFG PMI
09:30 GB- MFG PMI
07:00 DE- Retail Sales
10:00 EZ- flash HICP
13:15 US- ADP Payrolls
15:00 CA- BOC Decision
16:00 US- Yellen Speech
09:00 EZ- SVC PMI
09:30 GB- SVC PMI
12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
15:00 US- Yellen Testimony
15:00 US- SVC PMI
18:10 US- Vice chair Fischer
OPEC Meetings
13:30 US- Employment
13:30 US- Trade
13:30 CA- Employment
16:45 EZ Draghi NYC

GVI Data Calendar for 30 November 2015

GOLD Wkly CHART: It's a take or break
HK RF@ 15:27 GMT 11/27/2015

Germany in War
PAR 15:08 GMT 11/27/2015
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany will join the military campaign against Islamic State militants in Syria by deploying Tornado reconnaissance jets, refueling aircraft and a frigate to the region, after a direct appeal from close partner France for Berlin to do more.

The decision to commit military personnel and hardware is a shift for Germany, which has resisted such direct involvement in the conflict. It still has no plans to join France, the United States and Russia in conducting air strikes in Syria.

Friday's Trading Thread
Israel Dil 15:05 GMT 11/27/2015
EUR/USD major trend bottom happen roughly 12%-15% below the 200 DMA

Friday's Trading Thread
london red 15:00 GMT 11/27/2015
JP short euro at this late stage is laden with risk. they need to do a big cut and solid addition to qe to avoid a higher close on the day in question. that said mkt will go short into the event so you dont fight it until it makes sense to flip the other way.

Friday's Trading Thread
Mtl JP 14:56 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile
because massive speed and magnitude of price change is disruptive
goes against their stability thinggie
one or two words deliberately (?) missing about "more" from next mario yak and the rats massed on the short side of the boat will scamper

Friday's Trading Thread
london red 14:56 GMT 11/27/2015
euro. hourly candle showing a good tail suggestive of some upside. initial res at 10595 then 10612-14. might be some stops abv there but more sellers should appear c. 28/29

Inspiration for ECB
PAR 14:53 GMT 11/27/2015
More Asia news: Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has ordered Cabinet ministers to prepare an extra spending package (likely over ¥3T), including cash handouts for the poorest pensioners, to boost the country's stalling recovery. The measures reflect a new focus for Abenomics, which has been criticized for benefiting mostly big businesses instead of the average citizen. Japanese data for October was also released today. The jobless rate fell to a 20-year low of 3.1%, but household spending sank 2.4% and average incomes dropped 0.9%.

Friday's Trading Thread
Paris ib 14:40 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile
JP - what is the downside for Europe of a weaker Euro? Not a great deal. European officialdom (especially in France) have made a point of wanting a weaker Euro. The U.S. can get all hairy chested about the USD but that is largely because they want to keep attracting offshore capital inflows, on which they have become dependent to fund their economy.

Not the case in Europe. In a world of lower commodity prices a weaker Euro does not have a lot of bad side effects so why should Draghi, or anyone else in ufficialdom in Europe, worry?

Livingston nh 14:30 GMT 11/27/2015
JP - I'm sure it won't be too much worse for korea or japan unless cny starts pushing the 2% band-- still waiting to see how much pressure HKD can take if Fed ever hikes

Mtl JP 14:26 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile
nh think it thrills the Korean or Japanese types for ex ?

Livingston nh 14:19 GMT 11/27/2015
USD/CNY pushing towards 6.40 - highest since the August rout

Friday's Trading Thread
Mtl JP 14:10 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile
ok team it would seem s/t euro has a sell bias while under 1.064x
and try a go short on 1.0570/60 break down
w/usual caveat

Friday's Trading Thread
London Chip 14:00 GMT 11/27/2015

Tallinn viies 13:50 GMT 11/27/2015
no bounces up is a good indicator that euro may test 1,0457 yearly low already on monday. so far from last Draghi press conference people have been using 200 hour sma as a sell level.
at the moment it stands at 1,0647.

Maribor 13:50 GMT 11/27/2015
GBPJPY looks good; support now ~184,45, first resistance for up between 184,7 to 184,8.

I wonder if big boyz will push EUR to the limit (down) today...this would help reach target on GBPCHF, which is at ~1,574

Friday's Trading Thread
Mtl JP 13:46 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile
I would be interested in a Elliot - ician's take on the 13:44 chart
tia !

Friday's Trading Thread
Mtl JP 13:44 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile

I do not expect that Mario is not aware of what is happening to his euro.
One thing I do suspect is that folks of Mario's ilk are not so much concerned with some particular price point as they are about the speed and magnitude at which price points are attained - somehow connected to macro-economic "price stability" objective

Bottom Line
1.0550 and particularly 1.047 could prove to be points of price-action excitement.

Financial Warfare Heats Up
Paris ib 13:43 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile
"Beijing plans to set up a naval facility in Djibouti, East Africa.... The future Chinese installation will be near a US airbase reportedly used for the Pentagon’s drone operations."

That's gonna go well. Not.

Africa: the battleground?

Friday's Trading Thread
Mtl JP 12:49 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile
DLR/X currently at 100.07
seems folks like the usd atm

Friday's Trading Thread
Mtl JP 12:40 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile
us stox will close at 1pm NYT bonds one hour later
gv data calendar is empty

Friday's Trading Thread
london red 12:04 GMT 11/27/2015
aussie. theres that big 72 exp on monday. todays wkly channel at 7193 with fib at 7197. below 7187 maybe be stops. some bids likely at 7140/60 option related too.
cable. res in region 15086/151. barrier at 150 ellusive unless recent low 26 broken. but worth a fade at 14970/80.

Maribor 11:50 GMT 11/27/2015
USDCHF came today close to target , which is at ~1,0364 today according to me.

My best guess for good trade these days is buying GPJPY when it comes above ~184,45(start going up) as there are many high level targets above and no below. Target tentatively around 190, but will likely move up with time.

Good luck!

Friday's Trading Thread
NY JM 11:16 GMT 11/27/2015  - My Profile
John, great insights on EUR (as always)

EURUSD 1.0594 last vs 1.0574 low

EURUSD into consolidation
Amman wfakhoury 11:05 GMT 11/27/2015
EURUSD into consolidation area from down to 10620 area

The only one in the world who confirms the next level

AUDUSD 0.7272 confirmed
Amman wfakhoury 11:01 GMT 11/27/2015
Amman wfakhoury 20:18 GMT November 25, 2015
AUDUSD 0.7272 confirmed: Reply
.7272 confirmed will be reached .
Return level .7235
Price returned twice to .7235 level

Israel Dil 11:01 GMT 11/27/2015
Moscow (AFP) - The Kremlin said Friday that Western powers were not ready to form a coalition with Russia to fight Islamic State jihadists in Syria, after talks between President Vladimir Putin and French leader Francois Hollande.

"At the moment, unfortunately, our partners are not ready to work within the format of single coalition," Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters. He added however that Russia remained open to cooperation "in any format our partners would be ready for."

Next Page

Euro Vulnerable to Further Declines

The Fed’s US Dollar Dilemma

Forex Trading Outlook for the Week of November 16, 2015

The US Dollar and Monetary Policy Divergence

Scam Alert: Is This Forex Broker Bonus a Red Flag?

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105