User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
02/04/15 0:30 A AU Trade A$bln con: n/a pre: -0.98
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 17:28 GMT 04/01/2015
The GDPNow model forecast for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the first quarter of 2015 was 0.0 percent on April 1, down from 0.2 percent on March 30

Atlanta Fed

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 16:11 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
I guess it is how you look at the glass, half empty or half filled. There are reasons why the EURUSD should continue to struggle as I wrote in my newsletter. Maybe it is more like the market does not want to buy it than being long.

For me = 1.0750 = the midpoint of 1.05-1.10 so neutral and 1.0755 = 50% of 1.0457-1.1052 so close enough to use the 1.0750 level (sets the bias).

Ben's Dream
dc CB 16:08 GMT 04/01/2015
Ben Bernanke's older illegitimate half-brother has died.

"he was a great inspiration to me, and influenced my thinking more than all those years studing the Great Depresssion while at Princeton.
It was his insight into how the world really worked that gave me the confidence to do what needed to be done, when I was faced with the catastrophe of 2008"

Ben's Older "brother" dies at 78

BREAKING NEWS
london red 16:04 GMT 04/01/2015
you just need to look at that price action if nothing else. Euro should be firmer but it often cant be until the zero sum game gets played out. they either get done or time runs out ppl panic a little and run the price. not long to nfp so london am at latest before they have to show their hand if status quo. current data to hand risk model will get most set up for weak nfp.

Global Markets News
GVI Forex Blog 15:53 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
Some weak US data out this morning undercut equities and sent the 10-year yield down six basis points to 1.862%.

TradeTheNews.com US Mid-Session Update: April Begins With Equity Declines

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 15:48 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
red, are you saying specs are still long from the move to 1.10+?

GVI Forex Blog 15:48 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
HIGH IMPACT NEWS RELEASES: AU- Trade, GB- Construction PMI, ECB Minutes, CA- Trade, Us- Weekly Jobless, Trade, Factory Orders, Yellen appearance

GVI Forex Calendar for April 2, 2015

BREAKING NEWS
london red 15:47 GMT 04/01/2015
Imm is only part of the story. spec fx is now long after upside fed induced blow out. But it appears (data) nxt st move is higher and that can only take place when specs stops have been run and big players have moved in. These guys dont chase moves thats left the the specs.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 15:46 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile

April 1, 2015 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Thursday, April 2, 2015. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS RELEASES: AU- Trade, GB- Construction PMI, ECB Minutes, CA- Trade, Us- Weekly Jobless, Trade, Factory Orders, Yellen appearance
  • Far East: AU- Trade
  • Europe: GB- Construction PMI, ECB Minutes
  • North America: CA- Trade, Us- Weekly Jobless, Trade, Factory Orders, Natural Gas, Yellen appearance

Schedule
GVI Forex john 15:43 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
April 2 Speech - Chair Janet L. Yellen
Brief Welcoming Remarks
At the Ninth Biennial Federal Reserve System Community Development Research Conference, Washington, D.C.
8:40 a.m. ET (12:40 GMT)

Doesn't sound like she will say much

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 15:39 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
last week COT showed a huge short euro
we are wednesday one week later.
looking back over this past week at price action does that suggest a material tapering of that positioning ?

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 15:38 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
last week COT showed a huge short euro
we are wednesday one week later.
looking back over this past week at price action does that suggest a material tapering of that positioning ?

EUR
Livingston nh 15:35 GMT 04/01/2015
The decline of the EUR has seen a couple of periods of flat trading around 21dma - as the 21 dma flattens the trading becomes more volatile until the snap fall of the EUR resumes the trend // altho UKR and Greece linger ECB QE is still the dominant downward pressure -- as Draghi searches for sellers the big CB holders of EUR are likely prospects

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 15:27 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
red, do you really think there are spec longs? The dollar is likely more short than long.

The market has had two days to take out 1.07 and each time seemed to run into bids, presumably from those who were short. On the other side it hit a brick wall at 1.08 today.

How it trades vs. 1.08 going into and after NFP will give a clue whether there are legs to the upside as the dollar in general feels a bit heavy in a market where many are either on holiday or looking forward to the holiday break.

BREAKING NEWS
london red 15:11 GMT 04/01/2015
I feel there is a need to clear spec longs before euro can rally a little into nfp. Zerosum. There is fib at 10725 and then 10693 stops below which may need to be run to say 10670 before a reversal back to 10750/10775 and tread water into nfp.

BREAKING NEWS
Paris ib 15:09 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
How you to take over a country using debt.

The playbook.

BREAKING NEWS
Paris ib 15:02 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
The Greeks want to continue paying there debts WITHOUT having to implement the austerity policy dreamed up by the (sadistic) Troika. They want to have some say so on how to run their domestic economy and they want to bring in policies aimed at attempting to get it growing again. They do not want this endless, destructive policy of austerity which has been imposed on them in exchange for access to the ECB banking system. They do not want to have the Troika (read stand over thugs) insist on Greece selling off all its most valuable national assets (for peanuts) to foreign investors (who the Troika represent). What they are pushing for is continued access to the whole EuroZone system without having to accept all the heavy handed neo-liberal (read fascist) economic policies that these guys are attempting to force on them.

The Troika et al, of course, are going around saying that the Greeks are just a lazy bunch of dead beats who don't want to pay their bills. That's not true. They do not deny their debts but they want to have some control over the economic policies implemented in their own country. Reasonable you might say? Well depends. If you are attempting to make Greece an 'example' to the rest of Europe (stand over men need victims in order to scare everyone else) then you wouldn't accept that point of view and you would insist on running the Greek economy from the outside, without a mandate from the Greek people and without taking into account the fact that a whole lot of the Greek debts came into being as a result of bribery and corrupt practices which implicate some of France and Germany's biggest multinationals. :-)

Control the narrative. So far the Greeks haven't really done that.

Ben's Dream
Livingston nh 15:00 GMT 04/01/2015
We are being guided by the importance of "How Many Angels Can Dance on the Head of a Pin?" (aka as the Pinhead Argument)

Ben's Dream
dc CB 14:53 GMT 04/01/2015

The Rise of Wally: Episode 7

On secular stagnation: Larry Summers responds to Ben Bernanke

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 14:49 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
everyone including the greek has said grexit is not on the table
what other greek issue than exit d'u think ?

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 14:44 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
JP, Greek news whipsaw.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:39 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
US EIA Weekly Inventories

U.S. Data Charts

NEWS ALERT
Crude Oil: +4.800 vs. +5.500 exp vs. +9.600 prev.
Gasoline: -4.260 vs. -2.000 exp vs. -0.380 prev.
Distillates: +1.330 vs. -0.500 exp vs. -4.470 prev.
Cap/Util: 89.4% vs. n/a exp vs. 88.10% prev.

Weekly Petroleum Status Report

TTN: Live News Special Offer

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 14:34 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
gbpusd abouve the PP now 1.4850 looms

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 14:27 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
1.864% -6.4bp after data today. EURUSD negative ?

players seem tone deaf atm, or at least something else is motivating them

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 14:24 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
10:21 (GR) Greece Govt official reportedly denies the reports that the country intended to delay its IMF payment assuming it did not receive funds from lenders - press

- Source TradeTheNews.com

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:19 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
10-yr 1.864% -6.4bp after data today.

EURUSD negative

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 14:18 GMT 04/01/2015
you mean break below 1.8% ?
it's now at 1.86

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 14:17 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
if y should help paper Gold fly

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 14:15 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
think the 10-yr will break down 1.9% ?

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 14:13 GMT 04/01/2015

Oh yeh.
Auctions next week 3s,10s, 30s...Tue thru Thur.
Just in time for the "bad numbers'

Gold and Silver: Reply South Bound baby
HK RF@ 14:08 GMT 04/01/2015

Not on April 1. hehehe

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:08 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
ISM Mfg weaker than expected. Final Markit PMI beats. MOst weigh ISM data more heavily.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:08 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
ISM Mfg weaker than expected. Final Markit PMI beats. MOst weigh ISM data more heavily.

Not on April 1. hehehe

Not on April 1. hehehe

HK RF@ 14:06 GMT 04/01/2015

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 14:05 GMT 04/01/2015
Goldman's Hatzius now sees Fed hiking at end of 2015 or start of 2016.

hahahahahahahaha
Delay that hike for another year, just like they did in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

Face it They will NEVER EVER raise rates.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:03 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
soft construction and PMI data.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:03 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
ISM Mfg employment 50.0 vs. 51.4

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:02 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
Construction Spending February 2015
U.S. Data Charts

ALERT
-0.10% vs. -0.10% exp. vs. -1.10% (r -1.70%) prev. rev.

Greek alternative
Paris ib 14:00 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
We have April Fool's day. NFP tomorrow and the Easter Holiday this weekend. So anything goes I suppose. :-)

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:00 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
U.S. ISM Manufacturing PMI March 2015
U.S. Data Charts

News ALERT

51.5 vs. 52.5 exp. vs. 52.9 prev.
RELEASE: ISM Manufacturing PMI

Greek alternative
Bandung edco 13:58 GMT 04/01/2015
hahaha...april Mob...just my humble opinion..may be now times for $ correction after stronger....

Greek alternative
Paris ib 13:46 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
April Fool.

Twitter Account

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 13:45 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
U.S. Markit FINAL Manufacting PMI March 2015
U.S. Data Charts

ALERT
55.7 vs. 55.1 exp. vs. 55.3 prelim

Markit PMI Press Release

Markit PMI Press Release

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex 13:39 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
09:38 (GR) Greece govt is threatening to defer payment of €450M IMF loan that is due on April 9th - Germany press
"The Greek government must repay a €450 million IMF loan on April 9th. Reportedly the Greek Minister of the Interior said that if international creditors do not release aid funds to allow Greece to repay the loan, Greece will not meet the deadline. This would be a clear violation of the IMF's Articles of Association, according to which an installment payment can not be deferred. A breach of this rule has not yet occurred in the history of the IMF."
- Source TradeTheNews.com

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 13:34 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
Canadian PMIs (Ivey and RBC-Markit). Market PMI remains weak.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 13:31 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
Markit PMI (sa) March 2015

ALERT
48.9 vs. n/a exp. vs. 48.7 prev.

Why the EURUSD Will Continue to Struggle
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 13:23 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile

In the April issue:

- Why the EURUSD Will Continue to Struggle

- Video: Forex Trading Outlook for April, 2015

April Newsletter- Thoughts from the Trading Trenches

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 13:05 GMT 04/01/2015  - My Profile
At the moment It looks like the positive USDJPY to S&P correlation is starting to kick in.

Perhaps also there is a positive EURUSD to S&P relation ship developing as well.

Next Page

MUST READ ARTICLES

Yellen’s Latest Message to the Markets

Video: Forex Trading Outlook for the Week Ahead: Expect Volatility

So What Happened to Super-Dollar? -- March 29, 2015

Help: Class Action Forex Law Suits

A New Code Of Forex Market Conduct

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105