User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
FOREX FORUM
30/07/14 9:00 C EZ Cons Conf con: -8.4 pre: -7.5
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive

Bots
sd sf 22:43 GMT 07/29/2014
GBP
as you will remember they got stopped quite a few times around 1.7095/1.7125 so they didn't hold longer term shorts on the move down to here

but what they are doing today is looking to sell 50 52 58
and buy 18 12 06 + 05

Eur
obviously a different type of move where they were able to build more of a position and trade around it.

this morning they are buying back shorts @8/9 and bid for more 97/98/99

you can see the reason why based on daily ranges - they just aren't large enough to stop them from taking profit every 40-50 points

AUDNZD

this one is the real mover in the automated FX Space with 1.1050 last line of defence before 1.1150-1.12

I actually don't have a position in this at this time - but I would put on a small manual long looking for a decent up move to clear out all the stale shorts.

eurcad/gbpcad - actually seen bids this morning rather than any profit taking from the lower buying .. continuation move I suppose is on the cards.

Looking at my book - the difference must come shortly where the daily ranges expand so the USD can rally some more .. and the automated strategies don't just t/p on every small move.... if we don't see that and we stay small ball then the USD rally will just end.

Calendar -- Daily Forex News
GVI Forex john 22:40 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile

July 29, 2014 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Wednesday, July 30. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS RELEASES: EZ- Consumer Confidence, US- ADP Jobs, GDP, FOMC Decision
  • Far East: No Major Data.
  • Europe: EZ- Consumer Confidence.
  • North America: US- Mortgage Statistics, ADP Private Jobs, GDP, Factory Orders, Weekly Crude, 7-yr Auction, Fed Decision.

AUD and NZD
GVI Forex Blog 21:43 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
US dollar strength and lower global interest rates were notable features overnight. Expectations the US central bank will slightly upgrade its economic outlook tomorrow, plus EU sanctions on Russia, appeared to be the main factors at play overnight. Equities were mixed, the Eurostoxx 50 closing up 0.6% but the S&P500 is currently down 0.4%.

Australia & NZ Morning Thoughts

Weekly Trading Planner
GVI Forex john 21:23 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile

WEDNESDAY
US ADP Jobs
US GDP 2Q14prelim
TRY TRY 7-yr
FRB Fed Rates
THURSDAY
DE Unemployment
EZ flash  HICP (CPI)  yy
CA GDP mm
US Initial Claims
US Chicago PMI
FRIDAY
CH Holiday
JP Mfg PMI
CN NBS PMI
CN HSBC final PMI
DE MFG PMI final
EZ MFG PMI final
GB MFG PMI
US Employment 
US PCE defl y
US Personal Income
CA RBC-Markit PMI
US MKT MFG PMI final
US U Mich final
US ISM MFG PMI

Chart Points -- Trading Points
Livingston nh 21:20 GMT 07/29/2014
jp - tomorrow a break above 92 locks in the rally

Mtl JP 21:08 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
technically usdcad stayed above its 200dma gv chartpoint.
-
Bottom Line
It is now incumbent upon the (Fibonacci) retracement theory to prove itself next.

GVI Forex john 20:50 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
Global-View Chart Points updated daily. Seven currency bases and in printer-friendly format andover 50 currency pairs.

Foreign Currency Exchange Tables

Conference Board Survey Much Stronger than Expected. Latest Fed Decision on Wednesday
dc CB 20:31 GMT 07/29/2014
it's all aTwitter.

4% GDP, up from -2.9% almost a 7% rise...all based on Tweets and Adverts.

Yes that will be the headline tom morning. :))))))

Conference Board Survey Much Stronger than Expected. Latest Fed Decision on Wednesday
Livingston nh 20:05 GMT 07/29/2014
NOMINAL GDP - 4.4% // this is the key fig not some pointy head elite preferred number

If nominal is sub 4% there may be a real problem

Mtl JP 20:01 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
CB maybe the FED collective will spin things is such a way as to keep risk diluted, coz in a unified view lies both strength and vulnerability

GDP views range from recovery toógasp!órecession - CNBC

a dispertion and divergence of views by the plebs is a good thing for the overlords

Livingston nh 19:57 GMT 07/29/2014
CB - FOMC may be lucky to keep status quo - any lovey dovey talk in statement (now a short story length rather than two simple paragraphs) risks a dissent or two // the looney toon BUBBLE guys need to get discredited before the bubble actually shows up

london red 19:56 GMT 07/29/2014
stocks...with gdp up before the open last chance to sell is now. im shooting for 2.5%. but will be a dip buyer of the greenback on any fallout on this figure as market has bit between its teeth and pre fomc wont let up for long.

dc CB 19:49 GMT 07/29/2014
Gammy and Group will have no choice tomorrow but to tweek the language just enough to hint at not being so devoted to possibly raising rates just a smidge or maybe a tad sometime in the next year or two.

'cause Jeeeeesuuuusssss the StoX Market is Crashing right before out eyes...Oh the humanity.

Chart Points - Free FX Database
GVI Forex john 19:46 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

Obama to Speak
dc CB 19:45 GMT 07/29/2014
Today the 2:15 Express left the station right on time.
It just ran the wrong way.

Agree or Disagree? EURUSD
Livingston nh 19:41 GMT 07/29/2014
red - CAD JPY et al are breaking LT trendlines/Avgs --- when the LT support/Resistance collapses there is usually a test so EUR could go back towards 1.35 // Cable may be next - LT is still favorable (no avgs broken) but Gilts are now back below double digit Treasury spreads and could go negative like early Spring

Some Vol, some Vol, my kingdom for some vol

Mtl JP 19:40 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
from another Top Fed Watcher

Ron Paul: Stocks are in a bubble and will crash - on CNBC

"...The market has to correct, and who's going to call it a crash until it happens? We're in for a major correction, I think. I think we're very, very vulnerable," he said. "When it's artificial, it's distorted, it's vulnerable, and it's just looking for the correction."...

Obama to Speak
dc CB 19:38 GMT 07/29/2014

WilliamBanzai7

GVI Forex john 19:33 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
Pre-Closing...

Obama to Speak
Paris ib 19:26 GMT 07/29/2014
"Russians have long been able to forgive domestic woes if an outside enemy is lurking."

hhahahahhahahahahahahah.... whereas Americans, no!! They have access to the real, absolute truth....

Let's make a list: Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, Putin..... who's next?

london red 19:23 GMT 07/29/2014
nh, v interesting. i referred to these monthlies last week, not as a reason to buy but to just be wary. 50 month is just below the figure so it does seem we are at an infexion point. with the end of month fast approaching, its possible we will be 133xx by end thursday. but you'd look for a pullback then since its a new month and retracement theory applies 99% of time, the 1% is a major unexpected market moving event. in which case the following monthly bar is as big or bigger than the previous and retracement is minimal. so you'd be looking at 130-131 august low. as for major event? fed? russia? if you dont get this its quite possible 135xx trades august.

Obama to Speak
Livingston nh 19:15 GMT 07/29/2014
My wife just suggested afternoon soap operas affect his timing

Obama to Speak
Livingston nh 18:52 GMT 07/29/2014
John - my greater concern would be "when is he going to leave" (The Man Who Came To Dinner)

Obama to Speak
GVI Forex john 18:50 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
It must be fun having him to dinner. You would never know when he is going to show up!

Obama to Speak
GVI Forex john 18:47 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
Obama comments delayed until 20:10 GMT. So what is new here?

Risk On/Off Heat Map
Mtl JP 18:42 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
10-yr up in price => yield down => Gold uP in price
lets say 10-yr the leading leg

Obama to Speak
GVI Forex john 18:29 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
at around 18:50 GMT. Hearing its on EU sanctions against Russia.

Risk On/Off Heat Map
GVI Forex john 18:27 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
10-yr 2.464% -2bp after strong 5-yr auction yields are back down. Credit markets have had a deflationary feel today. It can't be the Fed decision tomorrow can it?

GVI Forex Blog 18:16 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: EZ- Consumer Confidence, US- ADP Jobs, GDP, FOMC Decision

The Wednesday focus is the ADP Private Payrolls Survey. The perennials problem is that the ADP data are not a reliable predictor of NFP. A steady Fed Policy Decision is expected as well.

Mtl JP 18:14 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile

nh 17:54 - thx 4 that.
I ll be happy to see the red line fib (see pic) hit first if/when 1.34 breaks down

Livingston nh 17:54 GMT 07/29/2014
wkly 144 EMA (1.3419) has been broken for first time since Ben's penguinesque cold feet "NEVER Mind" taper last September - a close here or below this week opens a lot of white space until 1.28// the 1.34 lvl is just an option number - all the short term support is gone and now wkly may be gone
Further out the 21Month sma is 1.3401 (still below 55 mthly EMA @22) so there is a decent chance the monthly could also break by Thursday

Downtime reading.
dc CB 17:27 GMT 07/29/2014
lawyers for three traders filed a Second Amended Complaint in Federal Court against Duffy, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, the Chicago Board of Trade and other individuals involved in leadership roles at the CME Group.

The conduct alleged in the lawsuit, backed by very specific examples, reads more like an organized crime rap sheet than the conduct of what is thought by the public to be a highly regulated futures exchange in the U.S.

Lawsuit Stunner: Half of Futures Trades in Chicago Are Illegal Wash Trades

london red 17:26 GMT 07/29/2014
and its what'll keep the rallies small until done.

GVI Forex john 17:20 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
red- yes you are correct.

Risk On/Off Heat Map
Mtl JP 17:15 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
ya solid... but for who ? 1.72% / yr is an insult but as long as players are eager and willing...

london red 17:15 GMT 07/29/2014
barrier, john, at 134.

Watch Out for a Surprise
dc CB 17:08 GMT 07/29/2014
Wowie Zowie the 5 year auction

Indirect: 16,851,294,000
of the $34billion
Directs: less than $10
The PD's less than $10bln

1.69%

Risk On/Off Heat Map
GVI Forex john 17:06 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
5-yr 1.72% bid-to-cover 2.81 vs 2.74.

solid auction.

GVI Forex john 17:03 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
Previously on a day like today. the 1.3400 line would have been a stop magnet. The big players would have run stop through that price to knock them all out. I guess the market has changed are those big player gone now, or is there an "invisible hand". holding prices at big figures to slow the descent of the EURUSD.

Thoughts?

london red 16:50 GMT 07/29/2014
yes close abv 200 day bullish then a dip on US gdp would be nice 10780/10810 and then you need the fed to be brave. following day iffy canadian gdp could see this at 10940 by end of week. fed is the kink here though, lets see if they step up.

Watch Out for a Surprise
Mtl JP 16:48 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
interesting
red 16:33 / market needs fed to step up
Livingston nh 12:29 / time for Mr. Market to stage an intervention

Mtl JP 16:41 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile

In case usdcad 200dma holds , some potential target considerations

Risk On/Off Heat Map
GVI Forex john 16:36 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile

Europe markets went into a "risk-off" posture early and that set the stage early in the U.S. Sentiment changed mid-morning in New York trading when the latest Consumer Confidence reading was much stronger than expected.   The EURUSD is lower at 1.3408, -30 pips.

• Yields in prime Eurozone fixed income markets are ending lower and some yields are at multi-century lows. Yields on the European periphery are  mixed. EZ 10-yr 1.12%, -3bp.
  • The U.K.10-yr gilt  yield is 2.55%  -3bp. A +25bp BOE rate hike is still expected by yearend.
  • U.S.10-yr  yield  is 2.48%,  -1bp. The psychological pivot remains 2.50%
  • Far East equities closed higher. Bourses in Europe are mostly higher at their closes. . U.S. share futures are turning positive.

The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields. This aligns all the colors in the chart to reflect risk-on (green) and risk-off(red).

Watch Out for a Surprise
dc CB 16:35 GMT 07/29/2014
need to wait and see how it reacts to Gammy.
Usual is lower, but after the last meeting it jammed higher.

as I wrote when Yellen was doing the Humphry Hawkins, don't usually trade this, except for the "guareeteeeeeeed" downs:

1) whenever the Chair speaks before Congress.
2) whenever the FMOC meets.

Watch Out for a Surprise
london red 16:33 GMT 07/29/2014
took some time to break but now that they have, 9050 on swissy will be a marker for tomorrow. if held on a closing basis then dollar still up. fomc boxed into a corner must deliver goods or dollar bust vs the stronger majors. more on fomc tomorrow but market needs fed to step up as could be start of interesting phase for dollar.

Watch Out for a Surprise
Mtl JP 16:25 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
dc CB 16:15 at what price dip u gonna buy ?

Global Markets News
Mtl JP 16:17 GMT 07/29/2014  - My Profile
July 29, 2014, J.P. Morgan cutting hundreds of tech-support jobs
-
maybe not a good thing... in case Vlad/Chinese decide to play cyber hanki-panki
you gotta wonder if jpm is in trouble or something
-

Watch Out for a Surprise
dc CB 16:15 GMT 07/29/2014

No suprise here on the first day of the FMOC

FX Spot Volumes
Kazan 16:07 GMT 07/29/2014
Hello guys!
Can anybody know, Reuters Eikon for 1700 chf per month is only platform for have a look to FX Volumes (not number of ticks)

Is it alternative for retails trader?

Thank you before hands, Anthony

Next Page

Must Read Articles

Watch Out for a Surprise

Fundamentals for Trading: Trader 's View FOMC Meeting Wednesday

CFTC Charges Lloyds Banking Group and Lloyds Bank with Manipulation, Attempted Manipulation, and False Reporting of LIBOR

FOMC and Monthly Jobs Due: Outlook- July 27, 2014

Last Gasp Reversal: Another Secret Trading Pattern Revealed

EXCLUSIVE: If You Trade or Plan to Trade the GBP, You Need This Indicator

ADDITIONAL Articles..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2012 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105