User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

5/22/15 20:00
Target   3-Mo
2.25 Aust 2.96
0.10 Japan 0.12
0.50 U.K. 0.56
0.05 E-Z 0.06
-0.75 Switz 0.01
0.75 Cda 1.17
0.25 U.S. 0.23
2-YR % bp chg
Aust 2.01 -1
Japan 0.00 0
U.K. 0.54 -1
E-Z -0.21 1
Switz -0.86 -1
Cda 0.68 0
U.S. 0.62 4

10-YR % bp chg
Aust 2.91 -4
Japan 0.42 1
U.K. 1.92 -5
E-Z 0.61 -2
Switz 0.01 -2
Cda 1.78 1
U.S. 2.21 3

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
26/05/15 0:00 A TUESDAY con: pre:
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
Video: Forex Trading Outlook for the Week Ahead
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 23:11 GMT 05/24/2015  - My Profile

>> Open Access <<

What a difference a week can make! At this time last week I posed whether EURUSD would test 1.15 and now we are looking at whether 1.10 can hold. There were some clues this past week to the shift in risk to the dollar upside that I reveal in the following video: 

Video: Forex Trading Outlook for the Week Ahead

Charts : Fundamentals for Trading
Mtl JP 22:31 GMT 05/24/2015  - My Profile
here is a reason ... G7 finance ministers to address faltering global growth rtrs

Similar to Yellen's misguiding prattle, concerned with "faltering global growth" instead of too much debt and consequent issues in the financial / banking markets.

long EURUSD
KL KL 22:25 GMT 05/24/2015
ha ha...covering the rest here...1.0999 than negative cash in the profit indicator.......LOL

long EURUSD
KL KL 22:06 GMT 05/24/2015
While everyone snooring and sleeping ..>Doomsh arrive and Long EURUSD 1.1070.....what funny biznes is this...Ultra Relentless....means in big chunks and as fast as HFT fingers can take the trade in 3 Armada account......when there is something so obvious...take the gamble and cover quick

DYOR..DFM..DLTM and...wheee.... no need to be cocky...cover one Armada here 1.09813...just in case taken to the cleaners have one more account of Starship proportion to eke out a living .......

covered another 5/6 Armada 1.09799....phew....lucky...now left one more out 1.09801... 4/5 out and wait to start long again...

now to do research why the sudden dip....LOL...does it really matter...Naah...forget it...just trade and take profit!!

Livingston nh 21:53 GMT 05/24/2015
BEWARE the CHARTS - fundamentals are like gravity - if you can't see it you can still get crushed

Max McKegg's AUDNZD Forecast
GVI Forex Blog 18:38 GMT 05/24/2015  - My Profile

Since calling the end of Ozzy’s multi-year Bear market versus the Kiwi (refer Weekly Chart below) the Ozzy has rallied strongly and continues to trace-out an “impulsive” wave sequence to the upside.

Max McKegg's AUDNZD Forecast

GVI Forex john 13:43 GMT 05/24/2015  - My Profile
Global-View Economic Chart Directory

Fundamentals for Trading. EXCLUSIVE CHART: Smoothed moving averages turning soft. US and CAD turning down. AUD and China tend follow one another with Australia dependent on demand for exports from China.

GVI Forex john 13:38 GMT 05/24/2015  - My Profile
Global-View Economic Chart Directory

Fundamentals for Trading. EXCLUSIVE CHART:
Latest Manufacturing PMI. Relative economic strengths are converging at a slow expansion level. The U.S. Markit PMI has slowed substantially, while the Eurozone has converged with the U.S. The chart generally supports my view of trading range markets.

Greece will not make June IMF repayment: interior minister
HK RF@ 12:28 GMT 05/24/2015

Good timing for the freeloaders on a long weekend, enough time extort some more money.

NZD/USD
HK RF@ 11:31 GMT 05/24/2015

Porto Cubriclas

Agree! That is the reason, I mention that, so waiting for the action.

GVI Forex 10:54 GMT 05/24/2015  - My Profile
Is this just posturing or some minister shooting from the hip?

Ask Your Advocate: What is the Difference Between Forex Trading Volumes and Liquidity?
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 10:35 GMT 05/24/2015  - My Profile
For those who missed my article on market liquidity

Ask Your Advocate: What is the difference between trading volumes and market liquidity?

Your Advocate Says: There is a big difference between trading volumes and liquidity. The greater the liquidity, the easier it is for the market to absorb large trading volumes. The opposite is true when liquidity is thin. I have seen large volumes go through the forex market and the price of a currency barely move while other times I have seen relatively small orders have an exaggerated impact on the price of a currency.

Ask Your Advocate: What is the Difference Between Forex Trading Volumes and Liquidity?

Forex Prices Moving Into Range Markets: Week Ahead
Mtl JP 00:45 GMT 05/24/2015  - My Profile
Trouble with Yellen making some claims about economic projections is that they are irrelevant.

What is more relevant is what is draining the blood from money managers' and investors' faces when they think about their portfolio: market liquidity, "one of the most under-appreciated risk factors facing most investors today."

Liquidity is, more or less, the ability for investors to move in and out of positions without having to take big losses.

..."Discussions, as such, were dominated by the broader issues of liquidity, positioning, market dynamics, and fundamentals. And in fact fundamentals at present seem to be taking a back seat for most. Market liquidity has unambiguously shifted up investors’ hierarchy of issues. While it seems that large investors have already been managing a larger share of their portfolios with an eye on market liquidity than was the case pre-crisis, the range of clients factoring liquidity into their investment decisions has broadened further.”

That’s not how it is supposed to be, given that central banks have been injecting liquidity into markets for years.

Equally if, as clients have told Yetsenga, they are already positioning for a lack of liquidity, this can further exacerbate that very lack of liquidity. That is, as traders and investors shrink position sizes, become move tentative, and less certain of their conviction in their positions, they are likely to hold them for shorter periods and exit more quickly.

They may even step aside completely for a time.

This puts further pressure on liquidity, indeed it can plunge it into a downward spiral. ".../..

Dillon AL 20:13 GMT 05/23/2015  - My Profile
FED chair effectively confirms with her words that she is useless and is a reactionary to events. Something we have always known just as they cannot see bubbles

dc CB 16:02 GMT 05/23/2015
“I am describing the outlook that I see as most likely, but based on many years of making economic projections, I can assure you that any specific projection that I write down will turn out to be wrong, perhaps markedly so,”

Janet Yellen. Friday, May 22, 2015

Fed chair affirms plans for rate hike this year

Mtl JP 14:01 GMT 05/23/2015  - My Profile
When will the theme of relative QE – I.e printing - policy between the ECB and the FED kick into players' calculations if it is not doing so already with eurdlr frolicking around 1.10 instead of challenging 1.15 ?

NZD/USD
Porto Cubriclas 13:03 GMT 05/23/2015  - My Profile
HK RF@ 07:54 GMT

All expert opinions now about NZD negative.

Hi RF!
Who are "all"?
90% of experts fail...

GVI Forex Blog 11:30 GMT 05/23/2015  - My Profile

John M. Bland

New Dollar Scenario Unfolding The new dollar trading scenario we have been developing over the past few weeks continues to unfold. The bull dollar trend continues run out of steam as markets reassess the potential strength of the U.S. economy. On the other hand, the outlook for the European economy has improved.

NZD/USD
HK RF@ 07:54 GMT 05/23/2015

All expert opinions now about NZD negative.

For an AAA economy eh.

Will think a buy at about 0.7150

UPCOMING NEWS
dc CB 00:35 GMT 05/23/2015
zerohedge @zerohedge ·
Surely economists realize that thanks to "double seasonal adjustments" they just became the laughing stock of the whole world

BREAKING NEWS
nw kw 23:39 GMT 05/22/2015
nzd/usd and gbp/nzd looks like gbp/usd is soft / see if home builders support a good usd econ. next week

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 22:45 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
Statement by the Bank of England
22 May 2015
Today, information related to planned confidential Bank work on the potential implications of a renegotiation and national referendum on the UK’s membership of the European Union made its way into the public domain, due to an internal email sent inadvertently to an external party.

It should not come as a surprise that the Bank is undertaking such work about a stated government policy. There are a range of economic and financial issues that arise in the context of the renegotiation and national referendum. It is one of the Bank’s responsibilities to assess those that relate to its objectives.

It is not sensible to talk about this work publicly, in advance. But as with work done prior to the Scottish referendum, we will disclose the details of such work at the appropriate time.

While it is unfortunate that this information has entered the public domain in this way, the Bank will maintain this approach.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex 20:19 GMT 05/22/2015
Wire Report
BOE Accidentally Emails Brexit Plan To UK Newspaper -- Report

Commitment of Traders Report
dc CB 20:15 GMT 05/22/2015
Radical positioning for a big move?

gold
http://snalaska.com/cot/current/charts/GC.png

Silver

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Mixed Risk
GVI Forex john 19:59 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile

Commitment of Traders Report
GVI Forex john 19:39 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile

Commitment of Trader Report Charts Trader Positions: EUR, JPY, CHF, GBP

Net EUR JPY COT Positions

Click on chart for EUR COT Details

Click on chart forJPY COT Details

X+++++
Net GBP and CHF COT Positions

Click on chart for COT Details

Net AUD and CAD COT Positions

CHART POINTS- Free Forex Database
GVI Forex john 19:12 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

EUR
gc sf 18:35 GMT 05/22/2015
slept through most of the move

but can add a couple of levels for reference

1.1040 is going to be a resistance point - as it would be the B/E on what you could have dealt on this morning... options wise

the next one obv where we are at 1.1000

probably the more interesting one is this 1.0940/1.0960 - which is the b/e on the purchase of the put + call ... if we punch through there then 1.0765-1.0800 would be right in play.

you guys have been great this week with tonnes of top notch views + thoughts - looking forward to seeing what comes up next week.

Thanks also to GVI John for all his hard work -- nice weekend everyone.

UPCOMING NEWS
dc CB 18:12 GMT 05/22/2015
And since economists pride themselves in giving complex names to what even 5 years olds now grasp is open data manipulation, the technical term the BEA will use to goalseek historical data is now also clear: "residual seasonality"

"Although the agency adjusts its figures for seasonal variations, growth in any given first quarter still tends to be weaker than in the remaining three, economists have found, a sign there may be some bias in the data. It’s a phenomenon economists call “residual seasonality.”

• BEA will review all series entering the GDP calculations to identify, and where feasible, mitigate any residual seasonality within its existing seasonal adjustment methodologies.

• Time frame to implement: Review will take place with the release of second-quarter GDP on July 30. Period covered: 2012, 2013, 2014, and forward.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PS: to me this looks perrrrrfffect to show that Yes Virginia, the Economy DID recover Spectacularly during the second Obama term. Anyone who doubts it will be proven Wrong by the New Numbers.

US Department Of Commerce Officially Jumps The Shark, Will "Double Seasonally Adjust" GDP Data

UPCOMING NEWS
Mtl JP 18:06 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
fwiw euro day Pivot Sup 3 at 1.0973

UPCOMING NEWS
dc CB 18:05 GMT 05/22/2015
In a blog post published Friday, the Bureau of Economic Analysis listed a series of alterations it will make in seasonally adjusting data used to calculate economic growth. The changes will be implemented with the release of the initial second-quarter GDP estimate on July 30, the BEA said.

“BEA is aware of the potential for residual seasonality in GDP and its components, and the agency is looking for ways to minimize this phenomenon,” the division said in the post. More information will be available in a BEA Survey of Current Business report scheduled for mid-June publication.

The U.S. Is About to Change the Way It Calculates GDP

UPCOMING NEWS
Mtl JP 17:36 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
all u need to remember is that

- ECB is printing 100billion/month now up from 60billion/m (66% boost) - while the FED is scaremogering to hike rates

to set your bias
unless the dynamic changes on new input

UPCOMING NEWS
dc CB 17:28 GMT 05/22/2015
@zerohedge the weather count is now3 no no 4

zerohedge
‏@zerohedge

The Fed considers shelving rate hike plans as it realizes it will snow again in 6 months.

Behind Closed Doors
Paris ib 17:16 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
The EU has agreed a €1.8bn (£1.3bn; $2bn) loan to Ukraine - described as a landmark deal for a non-EU member.

meanwhile

Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras's leftist government says it hopes to reach a cash-for-reforms deal in days, although European Union and IMF lenders are more pessimistic and say talks are moving too slowly for that.

Payments to the IMF totaling about 1.5 billion euros ($1.7 billion) fall due next month, starting with a 300 million euro payment on June 5.....

All you need to understand is the geopolitics of these loan deals and you could take a proper bet. All we get is tid bits of information... makes it hard to understand what is really going on.

EU loans the Ukraine 1.8billion

UPCOMING NEWS
dc CB 17:13 GMT 05/22/2015
Yellen speech word count: "the unusually cold and snowy winter".

UPCOMING NEWS
dc CB 17:11 GMT 05/22/2015
GVI Forex john 16:50 GMT

One thing that could be new is how she will treat the acknowledged miscalculation of 1Q15 GDP data.

You swallowed that line? you think that there should be a seasonal adjustment of the seasonal adjustment to make the GDP come out "right", so it matches the BS "recovery"

UPCOMING NEWS
GVI Forex john 17:05 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
10-yr 2.225% +3.2bp

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 17:03 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
Yellen 1Q15 GDP weakness transitory
Rate hike likely this year
rate hikes will be gradual

in short nothing new

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 17:00 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
Yellen
data dependant

UPCOMING NEWS
GVI Forex john 16:53 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
10-yr 2.218% +2.5bp

UPCOMING NEWS
GVI Forex john 16:50 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
One thing that could be new is how she will treat the acknowledged miscalculation of 1Q15 GDP data.

UPCOMING NEWS
GVI Forex john 16:46 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
Her prepared text will be released at the top of the hour. Be careful, it could come out a touch early.

UPCOMING NEWS
GVI Forex john 16:45 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
U.S. Economic Outlook
At the Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce Economic Outlook Luncheon, Providence, Rhode Island
1:00 p.m. ET

UPCOMING NEWS
GVI Forex john 16:35 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT)
    23:50 JP Trade JPYb
    MONDAY
    0:00 CH Holiday
    0:00 EZ Holiday
    0:00 GB Holiday
    0:00 US Holiday
    TUESDAY
    12:30 US Dur Goods production
    12:30 US D/G ex-trans production
    13:45 US flash MKT SVC PMI Latest view on economy
    14:00 US CB Cons Confidence Latest view on economy
    14:00 US New Home Sales Housing Statistic
    17:00 UST TRY 2-yr
    WEDNESDAY
    14:00 CA BOC Rates
    17:00 UST TRY 5-yr
    23:50 JP Retail Sales yy
    23:50 JP BOJ Minutes
    THURSDAY
    12:30 CA Cur/Acct C$b
    14:00 US Pending Homes Predictor of Sales
    15:00 US EIA Crude mn major price indicator
    17:00 UST TRY 7-yr
    23:30 JP Unemploy jobs data
    23:30 JP core CPI BOJ targets Inflation
    23:30 JP CPI BOJ targets Inflation
    FRIDAY
    6:00 DE Retail Sales mm consumer demand measure
    6:00 DE Retail Sales yy
    8:30 GB GDP QQ widest measure of economy
    8:30 GB GDP YY widest measure of economy
    12:30 CA GDP mm
    12:30 US GDP q/q widest measure of economy
    13:45 US Chicago PMI Regional PMI
    14:00 US final U of MIch Sentiment Survey

calendarBe sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar for key items, such as consensus estimates, previous data and links to charts of recent data).

Week Ahead
GVI Forex Blog 16:23 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile
US AND UK Q1 GDP WEAKNESS IN FOCUS

•Queen’s speech to confirm PM Cameron’s intention of holding an EU referendum

•Greek uncertainty to linger pending key events after the coming week

•Weakness in UK and US Q1 GDP to be reassessed

ECONOMIC DATA ANALYSIS FRIDAY 22 MAY 2015

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Risk-Off
GVI Forex john 16:07 GMT 05/22/2015  - My Profile

E/$ 1.0970, gold 1200, NZD 0.7280, USD/JPY 122.2......
HK RF@ 16:03 GMT 05/22/2015

If those level will be tested and hold, one may expect a recoil.

LOOKS LIKE
HK RF@ 15:50 GMT 05/22/2015

USD will jerk up 0.5%, for whatever reason, before a decline.

Next Page

MUST READ ARTICLES

What Level Would be Fatal for the EURUSD?

Will EURUSD Test 1.15? Forex Trading Outlook for the Week Ahead

Strong USD Scenario Fading Into The Sunset: Week Ahead

Forex 101: It's the Reaction to News that Matters!

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105