User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
29/05/15 12:30 A CA GDP mm con: n/a pre: 0.00%
29/05/15 12:30 A US GDP q/q con: -0.90% pre: 0.20%
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
Global-View Trading Systems
london red 09:49 GMT 05/29/2015
euro. 10998 fib with slip to weeks highs 11008 ought to hold into data later. if not 11062 certainly should save for some positive greece news.

Global-View Trading Systems
GVI Forex john 09:46 GMT 05/29/2015  - My Profile

USD Pivot Points, Support and Resistance Levels. Chart Point tables.

Using Pivot Points in Forex Trading:
A Simple but Effective Trading System

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Risk-Off
GVI Forex john 09:14 GMT 05/29/2015  - My Profile

AceTrader May 29: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY
Hong Kong AceTrader 09:08 GMT 05/29/2015
Update Time: 29 May 2015 08:17 GMT

USD/JPY - 123.75
Despite dollar's rally to a fresh 12-1/2-year peak at 124.49 on Thursday, subsequent retreat to 123.62 in New York and then 1-pip fall to 123.61 in Asia today suggests choppy trading with mild downside bias would be seen. However, only a daily close below 123.33 (previous resistance, now support) would indicate a temporary top has been made and yield retracement to 122.78 next week.

On the upside, above 124.46 would extend long term uptrend from 2011 record low at 75.32 to 124.66 but loss of momentum should cap price below 125.00 level today.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 08:39 GMT 05/29/2015  - My Profile
German Real Retail Sales April 2015

Earlier NEWS Release
mm: +1.70% vs. +0.80% exp. vs. -1.40% prev.
yy: +1.00% vs. +2.50% exp. vs. +4.30% prev.

TTN: Live News Special Offer

Direct links to primary data sources

USD Slips Into Month End -- Market Talk
Syd 07:08 GMT 05/29/2015
The greenback traded softer overnight with month-end booking squaring a likely contributing factor after the strong gains seen in May. USD/JPY slipped back below 124.00 despite a raft of Japanese data that was largely on the weak side and suggested that the BoJ's next move will be further policy easing. NZD/USD was an exception, staying close to Thursday's 4-year lows after data showed the ANZ sentiment indices fell sharply. Up ahead, U.S. 1Q GDP growth (1230 GMT) is expected to be revised down to -1% from +0.2%

usd
Syd 07:07 GMT 05/29/2015
Citi Quant's month-end hedge rebalancing model calls for net dollar selling while, at the same time, expecting net JPY selling due to the outperformance of Japanese stocks. USD/JPY now at 123.95.

Asia
jkt abel 06:57 GMT 05/29/2015
i dont know how bad things could still get, but a good friend of mine in Australia said that the big names have done with their jobs cutting and restructuring so naturally the employment sector is about stabilising

i have always thought that the property market and superannuation there is the lifeline, maybe there is something else that i need to know?

AceTrader May 29: Intra-day Market Moving News and Views (EUR/USD)
Hong Kong AceTrader 06:54 GMT 05/29/2015
29 May 2015 06:20GMT

EUR/USD - ...... Despite euro's intra-day retreat from 1.0974 (AUS) to 1.0943 in Asia in part due to cross-selling in euro vs yen and sterling, price rebounded ahead of European open and then climbed to 1.0967 after release of Germany's retail sales reports.

On Fri, Destatis said that German retail sales rose to a seasonally adjusted 1.7%, from -1.4% in the preceding month whose figure was revised up from -2.3%.

As mentioned in previous update, bids from various accounts are noted at 1.0940-30, 1.0925/20 and then 1.0910-00 with mixture of bids and stops at 1.0890-80, whilst offers are reported at 1.0980-90 and around 1.1000 with selling interest from model funds tipped in 1.1020-40 region.

Asia
jkt abel 06:53 GMT 05/29/2015
thanks sf
looking at the way aud has fallen, don't you think there could be a vicious bounces which makes it hard to enter?

Asia
gc sf 06:50 GMT 05/29/2015
it has gone down aggressively the last few days so naturally today it is bit more sideways

+ EUR has been better bid all day here

I hesitate to say to buy EURAUD simply because one day the news in EUR can be very bad and wipe out the position ... so sell AUD rally - and job in and out of EUR would be better for me anyway.

Asia
jkt abel 06:39 GMT 05/29/2015
but so far the central theme has been around RBA's cut and it seems to be cornered with rate cutting

usd can get quite moody also, maybe better play is with long euraud

Asia
gc sf 06:31 GMT 05/29/2015
I think AUD is going to 7530 7560 7580

doubt it will rise over 7730 from here + could top out anywhere in the 7680 7690 7700 area

news is quite bad recently.... I'd be a seller on rallies for sure despite what EUR may do.

DJ Mizuho: 2015 Could Be Last Year To See Weakening JPY -- Market Talk
Syd 06:29 GMT 05/29/2015
Following the USD/JPY's rise to its highest level in over 12 years, Mizuho Bank chief market economist Daisuke Karakama says the pair will likely continue to move up at least in the fiscal year ending March 2016. But Karakama says the tide may change next year. Fed Chairwoman Janet Yellen looks confident about raising rates this year, but the future course is still uncertain the focus may shift to "when to raise" from "how many times the Fed can." Also, Japan's Upper House election followed by the U.S. presidential election may prompt authorities to agree on a strong JPY/weak USD. Karakama expects the USD/JPY at 124 as of the end of September; 125 in December: 126 in March and 124 in June.

Asia
jkt abel 05:51 GMT 05/29/2015
sf, aud ready to go up? or another leg down first?

Greece could leave Euro head of the International Monetary Fund warned
Provo John 05:19 GMT 05/29/2015  - My Profile
I am surprised there is not talk of Greece remaining in the EU but no longer using the euro. Greece can then use it's own ccy like the Brits, default and devalue and if they get their house in order get permission to use the euro again.

DJ RBNZ: Want To Define Property Investment Loans As Those Not Owner-Occupied
Syd 04:59 GMT 05/29/2015
DJ RBNZ: Want To Define Property Investment Loans As Those Not Owner-Occupied

Greece could leave Euro head of the International Monetary Fund warned
HK RF@ 04:46 GMT 05/29/2015

"Greece could leave the Euro, the head of the International Monetary Fund warned publicly yesterday".

I don't see any warning in this statement. Maybe Greece will even be more than happy to leave.

AceTrader May 29: Daily Recommendations on Major -EUR/USD
Livingston nh 03:06 GMT 05/29/2015
Chart levels on the EUR are a problem because of the event driven nature of the currency - trying to gauge levels in the face of a headline blab by some mope is risky

At this point does anybody care whether the EUR blows up because Greece wants out - if it blows up because of Greece then it deserves to go the way of its predecessors

Unlike every other major currency there is no single national (sovereign) policy guiding the EUR - it's a trade zone scrip so it is event driven rather than policy driven (like the idiotic Fed folks)

RBA Rate Cut Next Week? Not Likely: Westpac -- Market Talk
Syd 02:59 GMT 05/29/2015
Westpac sees the chance of another interest rate cut by the Reserve Bank of Australia next week as slim to none. Rates are currently at a record-low 2.0% and market pricing gives around a 60% probability of one rate cut by the December quarter. Westpac thinks rates will remain on hold from here, though risks are skewed to the downside. "In particular, any slippage in household expenditure growth which would dampen prospects for a recovery in non-mining investment would affect growth forecasts for 2016 and substantially increase the risk of lower rates," Chief Economist Bill Evans says.

A (wishful) DREAM
Livingston nh 02:53 GMT 05/29/2015
jP - the multinational currency projects have failed because of political conflict - the EUR could unravel for financial reasons but Greece isn't big enough - Britain could throw the EU project into question even though the EUR would not be an issue -- that seems the more likely path for the demise of the EUR

BUT this is a recurring clown show and the advocates of the EUR as a USD alternative are now facing the CNY as an alternative as well -- as long as the sovereigns stay sovereign a common currency is a pipe dream

AceTrader May 29: Daily Recommendations on Major -EUR/USD
Hong Kong AceTrader 01:44 GMT 05/29/2015
Update Time: 29 May 2015 01:13 GMT

EUR/USD - 1.0961
Euro's strong rebound from Wednesday's fresh 1-month trough at 1.0819 and then breach of 1.0959 (previous support and subsequent resistance) signals decline from May's 3-month peak at 1.1467 has made a temporary low there and choppy trading with mild upside bias would be seen.
However, reckon measured resistance at 1.1030 would cap upside today and yield retreat later.

On the downside, only below 1.0819 would extend aforesaid fall to retrace the entire rise from March's 12-year trough at 1.0457 towards 1.0740/50 and then 1.0700/10.

A (wishful) DREAM
Mtl JP 01:35 GMT 05/29/2015  - My Profile
for the record, despite my own biased wishes, I do not put high odds of the greek being allowed to unravel the european project. Just remember Mario's earlier famous "what ever it takes" words.

A pittance of billion euros, printed out of thin air "money", is just a useful joke for G7 to get together, exchange some banter, make themselves look grave and important.

A (wishful) DREAM
Mtl JP 01:14 GMT 05/29/2015  - My Profile
Greece refuses to pay £1.1billion bill with fears that entire euro project could unravel if country crashes out of currency - dailymail
- Greece could default on its £1.1billion bill to International Monetary Fund
- Ministers have warned that this could trigger collapse of the Eurozone
- Greece's finance minister Yanis Varoufakis said euro project could unravel

Robots: The new low-cost workers; AI everywhere!!!
dc CB 00:56 GMT 05/29/2015
Best of All

NO F&*^in' Pensions....no payments from 65 to 90 --holy sheite dey only done only worked for us for like 50 YeaRS...and we gotta support dat til dey die at 90?

WTF...we gotta fix that.

ROBOTS..."recycle" the parts for a discount on the newest model.

Solves the population/water/resource/TrafficJAM/.....problem(s) too.

JPM EXPECTED TO LAY OFF MORE THAN 5,000 BY NEXT YEAR: WSJ
dc CB 00:39 GMT 05/29/2015
brief glimpse of what "assumptions" of returns still live in the back of Pension Fund Managers "minds", back in Obama's "home town" of ChiCaGO.

And they never ever are seen squawking about ZIRP for 8 years running. They just hunt for the return on principal.

7 to 8% BaBee

Robots: The new low-cost workers; AI everywhere!!!
HK RF@ 22:31 GMT 05/28/2015

AI everywhere

ZH: Welcome To The Recovery 2015: JP Morgan To Fire 5000.

If using AI and proper materials, one may create a beautiful high intelligence woman, at reasonable cost, this will be a world without prostitution, venereal disease and less cardiac problems.

Waiting for the first to roll off the production line:)

WSJ

EUR
HK RF@ 22:16 GMT 05/28/2015

Res. at:
(1.0988)-1.1019-1.1026-1.1045-(1.1065)-1.1080-1.1100.

1)Chart formation(for now) suggests this upmove, is likely correctional, where downward target for the time is below 1.0700.

2)To the upside target: 1.1500 Est.(double top at May-14-15), in case Euro will resume it's uptrend since March-15-15 Low(higher HI's & higher LO's).
This may be more possible, if prices will breach 1.1070.

Asia
gc sf 22:15 GMT 05/28/2015
yeah a market with real intelligence .. don't see that much anymore - >LOL

I do think people are comfortable selling the EUR believing in the story of weak Greek deal - US Hike + continued ECB action

it is just they are being fussy about the entry prices now -- so it is a lot jumpier than normal -- after all we were trading 1.0865 in NY now we are bumping up agst 1.0970 here in a thin market.

anyway let us see in a few hours when there is a bit more liquidity injected into the equation.

Asia
NY JM 22:08 GMT 05/28/2015  - My Profile
sf, remember when these early moves were 100-200 pips?

Asia
gc sf 21:58 GMT 05/28/2015
I do think it can get up there to those 1.1010 type area

but it still could dip back to 1.0930-35 first -- these real early moves are pretty unreliable.

eurusd
Tallinn viies 21:54 GMT 05/28/2015
as euro move higher from previous day high Imust change my view. now it is possible to se even 1.1040 today.
stop still at 1.0974 but moving take profit to 1.0890

Asia
manila tom 21:16 GMT 05/28/2015
Buy EURUSD
Entry: 1.0963 Target: 1.1023 Stop: 1.0937

buy euro for scalp

Asia
gc sf 20:46 GMT 05/28/2015
EUR

I got offers @52-53 at the moment -- but I expect in a few hours they will be gone

despite the o/n dip still feel there is one more leg left.

AUD looks on track still

GBP nothing yet bit slow there due to overnight range.

ECB
PAR 20:33 GMT 05/28/2015
Draghi still didnt reply to thé question why hedge funds gôt matérial and market moving information from ECB membre Coeure before thé European public and média were informéd. What to do about thé illégal profits made by trading on that info. Omerta seems to be thé ECB deontology.

PAR 19:47 GMT 05/28/2015
Trickle down economics in the work

UPCOMING NEWS
GVI Forex john 19:45 GMT 05/28/2015  - My Profile
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT)
    FRIDAY
    6:00 DE Retail Sales consumer demand measure
    12:30 CA GDP mm
    12:30 US GDP q/q widest measure of economy
    13:45 US Chicago PMI Regional PMI
    14:00 US final U of Mich Sentiment Survey

calendarBe sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar for key items, such as consensus estimates, previous data and links to charts of recent data).

Mtl JP 19:44 GMT 05/28/2015  - My Profile
the FEDs are talking players for fools , toying with them:

Williams says Fed likely to raise rates at some point this year.
Fed interest rate decision “is on the table in every meeting” - Williams

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex john 19:38 GMT 05/28/2015  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

RISK ON
PAR 18:48 GMT 05/28/2015
End of month window dressing to push stocks higher.

dc CB 18:47 GMT 05/28/2015
ANNNNNNNDDDDD the Flag is down, the race is on.....BOOOOOOONUS

KOCHERLAKOTA: FED MUST BE `EXTRAORDINARILY PATIENT' ON RATES, FED SHOULD NOT START TIGHTENING IN 2015

ECB
PAR 18:04 GMT 05/28/2015
ECB pushed by USA to keep financing Greece government .
Probably some hedge funds trying to make a killing by talking to Coeure & Co.

dc CB 18:00 GMT 05/28/2015

“It’s cheaper for us and good for clients,” Mr. Dimon noted.

the bank seeks to pare its reliance on human tellers, favoring machines

dc CB 17:54 GMT 05/28/2015
Tomorrow is End of Month Window Day - STOX

Odds of it being a down day with the Indexes so near AllTimeHighs are ........

Will it kick in this afternoon/tonite as a front-run?

SEC Hires Goldmanite Who Previously Worked At The SEC
dc CB 17:49 GMT 05/28/2015
The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced that Andrew J. “Buddy” Donohue has been named the agency’s chief of staff. Mr. Donohue will replace Lona Nallengara who will leave the agency in June.

“I am thrilled that Buddy will be returning to the SEC to provide his extensive knowledge and expertise to the agency,” said SEC Chair Mary Jo White. “Buddy is a seasoned professional whose previous SEC and private sector experience will be invaluable in advancing all aspects of the agency’s mission. His deep knowledge of asset management will be especially useful as the Commission advances its rulemaking agenda for addressing potential risks in asset management and considers a uniform fiduciary standard.”

Most recently, Mr. Donohue has been managing director, associate general counsel, and investment company general counsel at Goldman, Sachs & Co. in New York, where he was primarily responsible for legal matters related to its registered investment companies.

The "Revolving Door" Goes Full Retard

Next Page

MUST READ ARTICLES

What is Driving the Dollar Higher?

Your Forex Trading Clue: The Reaction to News

Video: Forex Trading Outlook for the Week of May 25, 2015

Forex Prices Moving Into Range Markets: Week Ahead

Ask Your Advocate: What is the Difference Between Forex Trading Volumes and Liquidity?

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105