User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
03/05/16 0:00 A JP Holiday con: n/a pre: n/a
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
Sell EURUSD
KL KL 20:41 GMT 05/02/2016
Whooosh..... Short eurusd 1.15318.....lucky woke up late...ha ha.... missed all the action......

and shorting relentless too on EURUSD...and in BIG chunks..... lets see how high they go in 1-3 hours time...What is so good in Europe in light of better NFP and US Data??...then Again nothing makes sense these days...just play along and then play opposite and Reverse...LOL..>DYOR..DFM DLTm imvho and gl gt...

Tuesday Trading
GVI Forex john bland 20:35 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile

WEEKLY HIGH IMPACT NEWS:

3-May TUESDAY
JP- Holiday
01:45 CN- Caixin PMI
4:30 AU- RBA Decision
8:28 GB- Mfg PMI
4-May WEDNESDAY
JP- Holiday
All Day- Final SVC PMIs
12:15 US- ADP Jobs
14:30 US- EIA Crude
21-APR THURSDAY
JP/CH- Holiday
8:28 GB- SVC PMI
22-APR FRIDAY
12:30 CA/US- Employment
12:30 CA- Retail Sales

Trading Themes --
  • The USD remained on the back foot again on Monday, as it appears that some players, perhaps for reasons other than economic, continued to exit the currency. This liquidation could be perhaps for political or safety reasons. We don't know, but note the currency recently has not been reacting the way it should to positive economic data. I don't think these flows are near their conclusion.

• The rest of the week will see holidays in Japan due to "Golden Week" observances, plus a few holiday closures elsewhere. Monday saw mixed final Manufacturing PMI readings from key centers. the April U.K. manufacturing PMI is released Tuesday.

• The latest monetary policy decision from the Reserve Bank of Australia is due on Tuesday. No rate changes are expected. Then Friday will feature the latest key employment data (April) from the U.S. and Canada.

• John M.Bland MBA, CTA,
    co-founder global-View.com

SToX
Livingston nh 20:07 GMT 05/02/2016
CB - nice call on DJI

SToX
dc CB 19:56 GMT 05/02/2016
Apple CEO Tim Cook to Appear on ’Mad Money’ Tonight: CNBC

LMAO

GVI Data Calendar for 3 May 2016
GVI Forex john bland 19:32 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile

WEEKLY HIGH IMPACT NEWS:

3-May TUESDAY
JP- Holiday
4-May WEDNESDAY
JP- Holiday
All Day- Final SVC PMIs
21-APR THURSDAY
JP/CH- Holiday
22-APR FRIDAY

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex Blog 19:31 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile

Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database

Trade Off The Cretins Corner
houston mw 17:41 GMT 05/02/2016
JM, the RBA was actually called out a few weeks ago by the Treasury for attempting to talk down the currency.

RBA's Stevens Rebuffs U.S. Treasury on Aussie Jawboning ...
www.bloomberg.com/.../rba-s-stevens-rebuffs-u-s-treasu...

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 17:13 GMT 05/02/2016
JP

this is the same crew that made a similar call in the EURO that went the other way Large.

SToX
dc CB 17:11 GMT 05/02/2016
with April closing higher, AutoInvest Money will be hitting the street later today. Fund managers are required to InVest the cashe of OPM should take the Dow to close well over 100pts

TINA

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 17:10 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
structural view
- ultimately will go a lot higher. But in the short term, it will fall.
--
Got to love the trade's definition.
I think it is the same crew that used 7% stop loss for its earlier short Gold view.
NOT a good trading tactic for the 200-500:1 levered crowd.

BREAKING NEWS
Livingston nh 17:04 GMT 05/02/2016
Treasury put out a watch list on Friday - Japan may decide to ignore it but a fiscal response is more likely before the election

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 16:43 GMT 05/02/2016

Our view going into last week was that the BoJ needed to grab the bull by the horns and dispel the notion that it is running “out of bullets.” We thought it could do this by shifting the emphasis back to balance sheet expansion by, for example, taking concrete steps to lift housing loans off banks’ balance sheets, something Governor Kuroda floated in a recent speech. Instead, the BoJ seemed intent on teaching the markets to be “patient,” downgrading the inflation forecast yet again while taking no action. This is a fateful miscalculation in our view. Unconventional easing is above all an expectations game, where it is necessary to shock markets again and again, until they have no reason to question a central bank’s commitment to its inflation target. Preaching “patience” is the opposite, telling markets they expect too much.

There is little doubt in our minds that $/JPY will keep falling in the near term, until Governor Kuroda is forced to respond with overwhelming force. We therefore hold to our structural view that $/JPY ultimately will go a lot higher. But in the short term, it will fall.

Goldman FX Team

Goldman Throws In The Bearish Yen Towel: "There Is Little Doubt That The USDJPY Will Keep Falling"

Mtl JP 16:38 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
JM 16:17 got to put coin in the slot and pull the handle if you want to hear the fat one sing.
-
numbnuts blathers and market moves all of 9 pips. haha
numbnuts will have to co-ordinate with other CBs and bring a serious mountain of fiat to downgrade his stupid yen.

What do you think he ll need to blow to see a minimum
300pip
500pip
700+ dump ?

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 16:37 GMT 05/02/2016
SNB's Jordan

WE LOST A BUNDLE ON OUR APPL POSITION

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 16:35 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
SNB's Jordan
-- Negative rates and FX intervention will stabilize price pressures.
-- CHF remains significantly overvalued

Source:TTT

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 16:35 GMT 05/02/2016
Kurossive on the wires.

STRONG YEN CAN HAVE UNWELCOME EFFECT ON ECONOMY.
BOJ WON'T HESITATE TO ADD STIMULUS IF NEEDED.

YES I CHOKED LAST WEEK.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 16:28 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
That was an intervention threat by Kuroda

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 16:27 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
BOJ Kuroda
-- Current JPY rise could have adverse impact on economy
-- Closely watching Markets

Source: TTN

NY JM 16:17 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
The only thing you can count on is the RBA talking down its currency. Whether the AUD reacts is another story.

Livingston nh 15:44 GMT 05/02/2016
JP - I was just hoping for a "dovish" promise -- watch retails sales

Mtl JP 15:41 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
Livingston nh u setting up for RBA ?
consensus says stays pat, gv risk to account category A
I am betting it cuts

BREAKING NEWS: U.S. ISM Manufacturing PMI Weaker
Livingston nh 15:16 GMT 05/02/2016
Ahh, but the "GOOD NEWS" is that prices component is up 16 points since January

GVI Forex Blog 15:11 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile

May 2, 2016 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Tuesday, May 3, 2016.

• Far East: JA- Holiday, CN- Caixin PMI, AU- RBA
  • Europe: GB- Mfg PMI, EZ- PPI
  • North America: US- API

WEEKLY HIGH IMPACT NEWS:

3-May TUESDAY
JP- Holiday
4-May WEDNESDAY
JP- Holiday
All Day- Final SVC PMIs
21-APR THURSDAY
JP/CH- Holiday
22-APR FRIDAY

EURUSD 11535 Confirmed
Amman wfakhoury 14:20 GMT 05/02/2016
A
The only one in the world who confirms the next level

EURUSD 1535 Confirmed
Amman wfakhoury 14:16 GMT 05/02/2016
A
The only one in the world who confirms the next level

short e/u 11490
Hillegom Purk 14:11 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
Hmm pity i pulled the 11510/20/30 orders but good that rest was at b/e. Maybe i will get another chance.

GVI Forex Blog 14:08 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile

U.S. ISM Manufacturing PMI April 2016

U.S. ISM Mfg weaker than expected. Final Markit PMI unrevised. ISM report more important.

dc CB 14:07 GMT 05/02/2016

but europe is closed...waste of breathe...

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 14:02 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
U.S. Construction Spending March 2016
U.S. Data Charts

ALERT
+0.30% vs. +0.50% exp. vs. +0.50% (r +1.0%) prev.

TTN: Live News Special Offer

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 14:01 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
ISM weaker than expected

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 14:00 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
BREAKING NEWS: U.S. ISM Manufacturing PMI April 2016
U.S. Data Charts

News ALERT

50.8 vs. 51.5 exp. vs. 51.5 prev.
RELEASE: ISM Manufacturing PMI

Mtl JP 13:57 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
Cretin Alert

Board member:Mario Draghi
Event:Keynote speech by the President in at seminar "The future of financial markets: A changing view of Asia" during 49th annual meeting of Asian Development Bank in Frankfurt, Germany.
Time:16:00 CET (Top of the hour)
Text:The text will be made available on the ECB's website

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 13:45 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
U.S. Markit PMI April 2016

ALERT
50.8 vs. 50.8 exp. vs. 50.8 prev.

Markit PMI Press Release

BREAKING NEWS: Canada Markit PMI Improves
GVI Forex Blog 13:36 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
Canada Markit PMI. Improved and above the "50" expansion line.

BREAKING NEWS: Canada Markit PMI Improves

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 13:36 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
ISM manufacturing at top of hour has bigger potential to move balance in account than MARKIT manuf PMI 15 mins before it.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 13:32 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
Canada PMI beats previous data.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 13:30 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
Canada Markit PMI April 2016

ALERT
52.2 vs. n/a exp. vs. 51.5 prev.

A cautionary Tale
Livingston nh 13:27 GMT 05/02/2016
An informal w/e survey of commentary reveals some early rumblings from different quarters - insurance companies are starting to raise a fuss w/ Congress through its regulators about the low interest rate policy (it appears that many are doubting the fed's "the market made me do it" excuse) and at the same time as Health Insurers are dropping out of the Affordable Health Care exchanges or raising premiums
Some insurance company shareholders are LARGE investment funds who are becoming more vocal w/ Fed criticism // maybe a bit of scapegoatism BUT CNBC had a fund chap who said the Fed could never get to its perfect scenario "It's been excuse, after excuse, after excuse," Boockvar said. "This is why, eight years into an expansion, they've only raised interest rates once. They're afraid of their own shadow. They're in a terrible hole that they're not going to be able to get out of."

There are sources in both political parties who are raising the "diminishing returns" of the current Fed policy and suggesting that the current policy is now causing more harm to constituents than the benefit, if any, accruing to the economy // in this regard the savings rate is rising during a period of slow wage growth -- not a good sign in a consumer based economy (IMO the Fed policy is at the point where this detail is contributing to its "preferred indicator" weakness as much as the low energy price)

In this year of political populism "who benefits" will be an election theme this Fall for Congress -- see if the candidates look for an easy target to throw in front of the BUS

short e/u 11490
Hillegom Purk 13:17 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
Hillegom Purk 09:51 GMT May 2, 2016
short e/u 11490: Reply
Will add 11510/11520/11530

STOP 11582

Target: 20-40-60-100 pips

1303 test 3 failed
HK Kwun 12:49 GMT 05/02/2016
Sell Gold
Entry: 1297 Target: Stop: 1303

1303 test 3 failed, sell now

Monday Trading
GVI Forex john bland 12:41 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
Collective Wisdom

EURUSD running ahead of FF futures. This Is NOT a signal to fade EURUSD!

Monday Trading
NY JM 12:40 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
1.15 touched and repelled, suggests a defense or mission accomplished by knocking out the barrier.

Monday Trading
GVI Forex john bland 12:39 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
JP- not at all. Its just an admonishment that the "collective wisdom" of the markets is subject to change for any number of reasons and it is in your interest to pay attention to it. It is by no means static.

Monday Trading
Mtl JP 12:35 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
do u mean that the PhD'ed policymakers could somehow turn around the "flat inflation and continued slow growth USD negative at this hour." in the hour after that ?

Monday Trading
GVI Forex john bland 12:26 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
from GVI Trading Room
Fed Funds Futures (actual Fed Funds 0.37%)
Expected avg May 0.380%; July 0.405% (July is a "clean month" after Fed). Thus no chance for a rate hike in June
Dec 16 Expected value 0.540% works out to near 100% odds for a rate hike in December if none before.

Market Message: flat inflation and continued slow growth USD negative at this hour.

Monday Trading
Mtl JP 12:20 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
SC 12:11 it is probably the current generalized usd=toiletpaper sentiment atm. if u itch to short suggest closer 1.48

Monday Trading
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 12:15 GMT 05/02/2016  - My Profile
EURUSD now in lagging position as EUR crosses give back earlier gains. Now depends if 1.15 is being defended.

No news that I have seen on sterling. EURGBP giving back its earlier gains, giving GBPUSD a boost.

Next Page

WEEKLY HIGH IMPACT NEWS:

3-May TUESDAY
JP- Holiday
4-May WEDNESDAY
JP- Holiday
All Day- Final SVC PMIs
21-APR THURSDAY
JP/CH- Holiday
22-APR FRIDAY

Trading Themes --

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105