User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
05/07/15 0:00 A GR Referendum con: n/a pre: n/a
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
EUR/AUD
Paris ib 19:19 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
FWIW This week we had ANOTHER outside week UP in EUR/AUD. That makes three since April 26th this year.

Paris ib 19:59 GMT May 29, 2015
EUR/AUD: Reply
FWIW This week was the SECOND outside week UP in EUR/AUD in the past five weeks. What does that tell us? AUD to collapse? EURO to rally? Bit of both? We shall see.

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex Blog 17:01 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile

Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database

Greek Voting
Paris ib 17:01 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
The Euro - without cooperation from all the European Central Banks - is just a figment of some Eurocrats' imaginations. Gotta love that. The French love affair with 'concepts' meets the real world.

Good luck to Greece. I hope they understand that they hold all the cards. They don't have to leave the Euro. They don't have to accept extortionate terms on their illegitimate debt. They still have printing presses all they have to do is start using them.

Greek Voting
Paris ib 16:56 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
That is a serious sell on the Euro until these fools in Europe (the Eurocrats) come to the table with a proposal. Far out. This strikes me as a major miscalculation.

GVI Data Calendar for 6 July 2015
GVI Forex Blog 16:42 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile

July 3, 2015 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Monday, July 6, 2015. Trading News Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS RELEASES: DE- Factory Orders, US- PMIs, CA- Ivey PMI

• Far East: No Major Data
  • Europe: DE- Factory Orders
  • North America: US- PMIs, CA- Ivey PMI, COT Report

GVI Data Calendar for 6 July 2015

Greek Voting
Paris ib 16:42 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
The Eurocrats have NOTHING. They are holding a dud hand. If the Greeks tire of this rubbish they just start printing Euros and tell their creditors to go whistle. The Euro would cease to exist. We would instantly be back in a multiple currency Europe.

The Pistol Shot

Greek Voting
Paris ib 16:34 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
"While we don’t know what will happen if a country drops out, as cunningly the euro experiment architects didn’t build in an exit strategy, we can be fairly certain it won’t involve a small army of Eurocrats marching around, checking the letters on your banknotes and taking them off you."

Maybe those Germans should reprint that magazine cover. How about you replace Mr. Tsipras with a picture of Mr. Schaeuble holding a pistol to his own head? Hubris I think is a Greek word. :-)

How to really stuff things up

UPCOMING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 16:34 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT)  
    GR Referendum
    MONDAY
    13:45 US final MKT SVC PMI Latest view on economy
    14:00 CA Ivey PMI Latest view on economy
    14:00 US ISM SVC PMI Latest view on economy
    0:00 TUESDAY
    4:30 AU Australia Reserve Bank
    8:30 GB Ind Output production
    8:30 GB Mfg Output m production
    12:30 CA Trade C$bn
    12:30 US Trade external Accunts
    14:00 US JOLTS Survey mln top Yellen Statistic
    17:00 UST TRY 3-yr
    WEDNESDAY
    15:00 US EIA Crude mn major price indicator
    17:00 UST TRY 10-yr
    18:00 USFRB Fed Minutes
    THURSDAY
    1:30 AU Unemployment Rate jobs data critical
    1:30 AU Employment jobs data critical
    1:30 CN CPI
    11:00 GB Bank of England
    12:30 US Weekly Jobless weekly jobs data
    17:00 UST TRY 30-yr
    FRIDAY
    8:30 GB Visible Trade external accounts
    8:30 GB Trade- Non-EU external accounts
    12:30 CA Payrolls jobs data critical

calendarBe sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar for key items, such as consensus estimates, previous data and links to charts of recent data).

Greek Voting
Paris ib 16:24 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
"the Athenians who have recently tapped the ATMs, check your euros. If the serial number starts with a "Y" that means it was printed by the Bank of Greece and you should probably hang on to it because you might soon be able to sell it at a premium to a museum"

They better come to a deal soon or this could get ugly.

Greek Voting
Paris ib 16:14 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
Gonna be an interesting week next week.

Trade the Euro? Which one?

Greek Voting
Paris ib 16:13 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
When you look at it it seems Greece has more options up its sleeve than Europe. So far it has just chosen not to use them. I think the Greeks should start bandying out the possibility that they do start printing if the ECB refuses to provide liquidity. I mean, why not?

Greek Voting
Paris ib 16:10 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
"Iceland was a perfect example of ‘unorthodox’ crisis management. The country came out of the financial crisis of 2007-2008 by imposing strict cash flow controls, letting the banks go bankrupt and incarcerating bankers."

The unorthodox solutions

Greek Voting
Paris ib 16:07 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
"Greek Central Bank to start printing Euros without ECB authorisation, which would instantly result in a devaluation of Greek Euros that would be marked down in value against other Euros"... instant return to multiple currencies.

Problem solved. :-))

Check your Euros. Which denomination do you have?

Greek Voting
Paris ib 16:05 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
FWIW

Endless Game of Chicken

Greek Voting
Paris ib 16:00 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
"Half of Greece’s debt was created through fraud between former Greek President Papandreou and Goldman Sachs. The goal of the fraud was to conceal Greece’s debt through currency swaps, but the plan actually doubled Greece’s debt (and made a fortune for Goldman Sachs). Even more debt was added by NATO countries forcing Greece to buy expensive weapons systems they could not afford."

Seems wild. Is it true? No idea.

Greek Voting
Paris ib 15:58 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
"Greece does have the nuclear option, one that could threaten to blow the whole euro-zone apart.... Euro's in Greece are printed by the Greek central bank. Therefore Syriza... could just command the Greek Central Bank to start printing Euros without ECB authorisation, which would instantly result in a devaluation of Greek Euros that would be marked down in value against other nation Euros."

The game of chicken just got interesting....

The Nuclear Option

Greek Voting
Paris ib 15:55 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
"Greece has the physical means to create any amount of euros it wants.... it can create euros in a few "clicks" under the cover of the opaque Emergency Liquidity Assistance (ELA) program. Greece is already estimated to have created up to 96 billion euros to help its banks using the ELA.

On the other hand, the Greek central bank is able to turn on the printing press the old-fashioned way. As per the EU constitutional texts, printing euro banknotes (and manufacturing coins) has been physically delegated to the national central banks, including the National Bank of Greece. The Mint of Greece (IETA) thus already prints euro banknotes. It has the latest state-of the art printing presses – it just has to keep running them when no one is looking."

So.... don't pay but print?

Printing Euros

IMF
Paris ib 15:46 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
The level of farcical incompetence is staggering. But seriously not surprising. Once you got a 'diplome' in some places that alone is considered enough.... no matter you are an idiot with no skills. Surprising but a sorry part of the European culture.

IMF
Livingston nh 15:37 GMT 07/03/2015
Every w/e for the last month (and more sure as the "deadlines" were pushed back) I have been expecting capital controls BUT I also expected a flurry of legal moves w/ respect to the banking system by Greece agencies and the EU -- Why don't the Greeks print the 10 EUR notes in large quantity? Why not file to compel the ECB to provide liquidity? Why not have the banks fail and call upon the deposit insurance? Why businesses don't file against the Greece gov't, NCB AND the ECB for injunctive relief?

Don't these people like lawyers or is the judicial system in the EU geared only towards "do gooder" human rights" action and non competitive business cases?

Anybody that doubts that the EU is merely a Trade Zone issuing scrip with no financial or political organization should try to justify what is happening in Europe

AUDUSD
Paris ib 14:20 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
AUD to crack 0.7500 ??? Soonish?

AUDUSD
Paris ib 14:08 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
Over in Australia the talk is of a recession in the 2015-2016 financial year after more than 20 years without a recession. Given the level of private debt in Australia this recession looks set to be a doozy. More downside on the AUD? You betcha.

A First Recession

Greek Voting
Paris ib 13:58 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
Yanis Varoufakis talks to Phillip Adams.

Radio Interview

Greek Voting
Paris ib 13:56 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
Greece will not leave the EURO regardless of the outcome of the vote on Sunday. Why? First because they can not print Drachmas any more. Second, because that is not the position of the Government. The current Government does not want to leave the Euro, they just want better repayment terms. Third, because the Euro Group does not want Greece to leave the Euro. Fourth, because the United States does not Greece to leave the Euro and team up with Russia and/or China.

So forget the vote. Trade on the basis that Greece will remain in the Euro, because it will.

The EU can't force the Greeks to do anything but they have shut the Greek banks out from European liquidity, which is what they have done in the run up to the referendum. So much for the Euro Zone guarantee that all European bank accounts are covered up to 100.000 euros. Obviously that guarantee is conditional.

Both sides have played their trump cards. Where do we go from here? No idea. Maybe a fascist take over in Greece? No, I guess they already did that.

No Printing Drachmas

Friday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 12:55 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
Just like clockwork, algos just ran the LOD stops at 1.1082. New LOD 1.1079.

Last Call! Bonus 2 Months Added Free Support ($150 Value)
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 12:48 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile

Tomorrow is the last day to get 2 months of free support for signing up for our one of a kind forex trading course (traders of all levels of experience can benefit).

This is great value and you should walk away with strategies you can apply immediately to your trading.

In addition, we are adding a new video on how to turn trading odds your way in a volatile market.

Testimonial: Your course changed the way I look at trading.

Last Call! Bonus 2 Months Added Free Support ($150 Value)

AUDUSD
nw kw 12:33 GMT 07/03/2015
fast xag

AUDUSD
nw kw 12:31 GMT 07/03/2015
Recent Canadian data could support the Bank of Canada cutting rates at the July 15th meeting. Canadian GDP for April was negative 0.1%, oil prices resumed the longer-term bearish trend, and if we see a Greek exit or a collapse in confidence with China, we could see concerns grow for the Canadian economy to enter a recession.

IMF
Mtl JP 12:28 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
they can print (or are close enough to printers) that it does not matter if they do get their interest / capital.

the Q "What power do those seeking only the return of money have against a sovereign people who are disabled past the point of caring?" is all too easy to answer from their history record.

AUDUSD
london red 12:09 GMT 07/03/2015
no much down to 7200/7150 for aussie. barrier at 7500 but plenty of stops below too. both aussie and kiwi can do multiple figs without bounce so be careful if bottom picking.

AUDUSD
nw kw 12:03 GMT 07/03/2015
AUD/USD Fell to 6-year Low of 0.7510 on Weak Retail Sales & China Stocks

AUDUSD
Zurich EG 11:55 GMT 07/03/2015
Was there any news why AUD fell out of bed today or did it follow drop in China stocks? Big move down.

EUR/USD
london red 11:30 GMT 07/03/2015
on a yes vote dax likely to rally so although euro may open higher it will probably sell off as folk re apply euro hedge (sell) to new long dax positions. and since yes vote is likely to result in talks which leads to more can kicking, its a stable enough situation to use euro as funding currency again. couple that to the fact us/de spreads in particular 2yr are marching higher,its all a recipe for lower euro.
no vote may actually see euro rally after initial 2 fig mark down since the opposite happens with the dax, folk cover shorts/long euro as they exit longs or go in short dax.
but for sake of drawing a line and a situation where after some time everyone wins (creditors money is already lost), a parting of ways is best for greece and eu. eu is stronger without greece while the drachma will give greece a chance to let cheap tourism and manufacturing shine (long greece and short cee eg. poland or hungary (and to some extent france) should work on a 12-36 month basis in that regard)

EUR/USD
GVI Forex john bland 11:24 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
Kaprikom- imho a yes vote in the referendum should be NEGATIVE for EURUSD as it increases the odds for a debt settlement. A resumption of the use of the EUR as a funding currency for carry trades would weigh on the currency.

EUR/USD
sofia kaprikorn 11:11 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
I'm not sure why people think that Yes to a Greek vote means positive for the EUR as there will be just more money needed to save the indebted country.

USDX seems to be trending up.

Friday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 10:54 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile

USD Pivot Points, Support and Resistance Levels. Chart Point tables.

Using Pivot Points in Forex Trading:
A Simple but Effective Trading System

AceTrader Jul 3: Intra-day Market Moving News and Views (GBP/USD)
Hong Kong AceTrader 09:54 GMT 07/03/2015
03 Jul 2015 08:33GMT

GBP/USD - 1.5625... Despite cable's choppy sideways move in a relatively narrow range of 1.5602-1.5623 in Asian and early European session, price jumped briefly to 1.5649 following the release of upbeat UK service PMI.

On Friday, The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply and the NTC Economics Service sector activity in the U.K. rose more-than-expected last month.
It said that U.K. Services PMI rose to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 58.5, from 56.5 in the preceding month.

At the moment, bids from various accounts are building up at 1.5610-00 and more around 1.5590 with mixture of bids and stops at 1.5570-60.
On the upside, offers are tipped at 1.5645/50 and more around 1.5670 with stops emerging further out above 1.5700.

IMF
Paris ib 09:49 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
"when Greece defaults... there is really not much that the IMF, the ECB and the euro group central banks can do to get their money back. And therein lies the realpolitik of the situation....Greece remains a sovereign power in possession of its internal assets and resources. And unlike a private party in bankruptcy, Greece will be operating under its own rule of law.... What power do those seeking only the return of money have against a sovereign people who are disabled past the point of caring?

Accordingly, by Tsipras having pursued this avenue, I would not be at all surprised if the creditor nations and the IMF conclude that they don't really want to discover the answer to that question and offer a more reasonable deal. They very well should."

Realpolitiks

buy audusd
Paris ib 09:44 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
"Post GFC we rebuilt denuded savings and reliquified banks as mining poured billions into projects and jobs, while international markets collapsed all around.

..the deteriorating economic circumstances of the commodities bust that we currently face have been obvious... We knew the boom was narrowly based in China. We understood the magnitude of investment. We knew the size of the supply expansion. We knew prices were going to fall a long way. We knew a capex cliff was coming. But authorities did nothing to prepare for the end point except to deliberately reinflate a housing bubble supposedly to float us blithely over the carnage...."

The Dumbest Bubble

Friday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 09:07 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile

Entry: none Target: Stop:

Volatile trade so far today as some have been banging an illiquid market. U.S. trading holiday and Greek referendum on Sunday are keeping many on the sidelines.

As for the Greek Referendum, many are reporting that the wording of the question on ballot is confusing.

Latest polls show the "yes" votes in favor of austerity are still in the lead, but that the margin in favor is only just over one percentage point (44.8% vs. 43.4%). So the vote is really too close to call.

AceTrader Jul 3: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY
Hong Kong AceTrader 09:06 GMT 07/03/2015
Update Time: 03 Jul 201508:12 GMT

USD/JPY - 123.10
Dollar's retreat after rallying from Tuesday's fresh 1-month trough at 121.94 to as high as 123.75 yesterday suggests the first leg of correction has ended there and choppy trading with downside bias would be seen.
However, reckon price would keep above 122.10 support and bring rebound later.

On the upside, only a move back above 123.75 would signal decline from June's near 13-year peak at 125.86 is still being retraced and yield another corrective up move to 123.99 and then 124.40/50 next week.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 09:00 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
Eurozone Retail Sales May 2015

ALERT
mm: +0.20% vs +0.10% exp. vs. +0.70% prev.
yy: +2.40% vs. +2.30% exp. vs. +2.20% (r +2.70%) prev.

TTN: Live News Special Offer

BREAKING NEWS: U.K. Service PMI Big Beat
GVI Forex Blog 08:36 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
U.K. May Services PMI stronger than expected. Overal UK picture mixed. UK Charts=> http://goo.gl/qhfE28

BREAKING NEWS: U.K. Service PMI Big Beat

buy audusd
Paris ib 08:31 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
The Chinese economic bust will directly impact the Australian economy.... and it already has via lower commodity prices and falling demand for Australian exports.

Australian consumer spending failed to bounce back in May, despite what should have been support from the Reserve Bank's early month rate cut and the mid-month federal budget, which included measures aimed at lifting investment by small businesses...

The Australian economy will continue to struggle and the RBA thinks a lower AUD will help.... so they won't fight devaluation.

Australian private debt points to a potential financial crisis

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 08:30 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
Big beat for UK data.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 08:30 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile
GB Services PMI June 2015
U.K. Charts

-- NEWS ALERT --

58.5 vs. 57.5 exp. vs. 56.5 prev.

Markit PMI Press Release

TTN: Live News Special Offer

buy audusd
kl fs 08:17 GMT 07/03/2015
start buying 0.7557, monthly trendline supporting zone

BREAKING NEWS: EZ Service PMI Unchanged
GVI Forex Blog 08:07 GMT 07/03/2015  - My Profile

EZ final Service PMIs. Germany revised down. EZ steady. Charts: http://goo.gl/cMwmm1

BREAKING NEWS: EZ Service PMI Unchanged

market
kl fs 08:03 GMT 07/03/2015
euro may slowly climb up to 1.1160-80 before Fri close

Next Page

MUST READ ARTICLES

Disappointing June U.S. Jobs Report: Week Ahead

Forex Trading Tip: The Hard Trade is Often the Right Trade

Why EURUSD Traded Higher Despite Greece?

Forex Brokers Tighten Trading Rules on Greek Fears

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105