User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
FOREX FORUM
23/10/14 10:00 B GB CBI Ind Output Trends con: n/a pre: 27
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive

Chipping Away
shanghai bc 09:18 GMT 10/23/2014

IB --Looking back,Prof.Keynes' idea of a truely international and non-national reserve currency was a far better idea..Neither Pound nor Dollar, but an independent world cuurency..China is not interested in making RMB a world reserve currency at all..But only interested in Keynes' truely independent international reserve currency..Nither Euro nor Dollar nor RMB..But an independent new world reserve currency..It may be better for USA in the long run too..Britain has done very well after Pound stopped being the only world reserve currency ..

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Mixed Risk
GVI Forex john 09:07 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile

09:15 GMT- Current Market Conditions
:
Early  in European trade, markets are in  MIXED RISK posture following a slew of flash PMI releases that broadly have been mixed to stronger than expected.  In Far East trade, equities ended weaker. European bourses are modestly higher at this hour  U.S. share futures are up.

U.S. 10-yr yields are up. 10-yr yields in bunds and gilts are up as well.. Peripheral bond yields are lower, Volatile Greek yields are down sharply again.

The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.

Chipping Away
Paris ib 08:53 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
bc - I agree but the U.S. seems completely paranoid about any attempt to develop outside the current international financial framework. Indeed I think there has been a concerted effort by some elements of the media to suggest that should the USD stop being the world reserve currency then disaster will ensue. Personally I think a move away from the USD as a reserve currency is already underway and is likely to continue and I really don't see an economic disaster coming as a result. That said the level of paranoia on the issue is spectacular. :-)

Chipping Away
shanghai bc 08:50 GMT 10/23/2014

On Infrastructure bank,China is the largest trading partner of some 120 countries..Having one's own Banks to provide credit and finance for trade in each continent is a necessity..China obviously cannot ask IMF or World Bank to provide loans and credit to those countries to carry out China trade..

BREAKING NEWS
london red 08:49 GMT 10/23/2014
yen. 64 res attempted twice hopefully a bit of consolidation into us session around 40 for another test and then break to 90.

BREAKING NEWS
london red 08:46 GMT 10/23/2014
one of the reasons sales are being squeezed lower. price war will only increase as tesco needs to reduce prices further to stop the rot and with a quarter market share, its pricing will have an effect on uk sales.

New signal - Try our free trial
London London 08:46 GMT 10/23/2014
Sell EURUSD
Entry: Target: Stop:

Visit us for 8 days free trial

New Signal: Sell EUR/USD @ 1.26522. at 2014.10.23
S.L - 55
T.P + 55

Posted with permission of global-view.com

Daniel Jonson

BREAKING NEWS
Paris ib 08:42 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
Forgot to link.

The Tesco Saga

BREAKING NEWS
Paris ib 08:41 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
"Tesco's share price dive-bombed today after it was revealed profits slumped 91.9 per cent, its chairman quit and a £250million accounting scandal was even worse than predicted."

"Police are also expected to launch a criminal investigation over an accounting scandal that saw its first half profits artificially inflated by £263million, more than the £250million estimated last month."

Don't know what is going on over there, but it sounds ugly.

BREAKING NEWS
london red 08:41 GMT 10/23/2014
10yr dec now below yr low and black wed low. yen res 64 abv 90

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 08:40 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
U.K. Retail Sales data fall and miss expectations. GBPUSD lower.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 08:35 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
weaker than expected.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 08:34 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile

GB Retail Sales September 2014

-- NEWS ALERT --

mm: -0.30% vs.- 0.20% exp. vs. +0.40% prev.
yy: +2.70% vs. +2.90% exp. vs. +3.90% (-3.70%) prev.

x-fuel
mm: -0.30% vs. +0.10% exp. vs. +0.20% (+0.30%) prev.
yy: +3.10% vs. +3.50% exp. vs. +4.50% (+4.40%) prev.

RELEASE: UK Retail Sales

TTN: Live News Special Offer

Chipping Away
Paris ib 08:26 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
Bit more argy bargy going on in that part of the world, largely unreported in the Western corporate media.

Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank

Chipping Away
Paris ib 08:21 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
"China will officially launch a new $50bn Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank on Friday as it steps up its challenge to global financial institutions like the World Bank that it feels are dominated by America and its allies."

Australia has yet to decide if it will sign on or not. Should it not it seems relations between the two countries are likely to be somewhat damaged, to the detriment of Australia.

China and Global Financial Infrastructure

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 08:17 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
EARLIER: Japan flash PMI. improved data.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 08:13 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
Japan flash PMI October 2014

EARLIER NEWS ALERT
52.8 vs. 52.0 exp. vs. 51.7 prev.

Markit PMI Press Release

BREAKING NEWS
Paris ib 08:13 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
"Other factors also augur for continued recovery. The fiscal drags on the economy that persisted during the crisis are dissipating. Drastic ECB easing programs including negative deposit rates and a low-interest loan program for Eurozone banks should spark more bank lending and thus more economic activity. While many banks have been reducing lending to strengthen their balance sheets ahead of the central bank’s impending Asset Quality Review process, that process will be over by autumn."

From Credit Suisse

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 08:10 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
EZ, GE flash Mfg PMIs. Mostly better, except France.

EZ, German and French flash Services PMIs. Flat to weaker

BREAKING NEWS
Paris ib 08:08 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
Paris ib 18:07 GMT October 16, 2014
EUR/USD: Reply

"Although it sounds trivial, a calendar issue likely exaggerated the drop in industrial production. When bank holidays fall on a Thursday in Europe, workers tend to take Friday off as well to have a long weekend. But official statistics still count the Friday as a full working day, which puts a damper on output. Over the past 30 years, Eurozone industrial production has contracted an average of nearly 2 percent in May in years when May Day occurred on a Thursday."

I posted this on the 16th and it's still worth a read.

Right "the market" consensus seems to be: Europe is going down the toilet, it would be a tragedy for everyone if the USD stops being the world reserve currency, the U.S. economic recovery continues..... I would question pretty much all of that.

Don't believe the bad news

BREAKING NEWS
PAR 08:03 GMT 10/23/2014
Exception made for France , Europe is doing really well . After some weather related summer slowdown ,Europe is growing rather fast despite all the problems created by the ECB.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 08:00 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
EZ Flash PMI Estimates October 2014

ALERT
EZ
mfg:50.7 vs. 49.9 exp. vs. 50.3 prev.
svc: 52.4 vs. 52.0 exp. vs. 52.4 prev.

France
mfg: 47.3 vs. 48.5 exp. vs. 48.8
svc: 48.1 vs. 48.3 exp. vs. 48.4

German
mfg: 51.8 vs. 49.9 exp. vs. 50.3
svc: 54.8 vs. 55.0 exp. vs. 55.7

Markit PMI Press Release

eurusd
sd sf 08:00 GMT 10/23/2014
you can see today was a bit different - in terms of how they traded it.

we got the jam down to 10-20 and now we are seeing where the top is

given the range has been 50 pips then 15-65 probably.

(this would have been much easier if Asia had done it first though)

FRANCE
PAR 07:58 GMT 10/23/2014
France Markit Manufacturing PMI below forecasts (48.5) in October: Actual (47.3)

France Markit Services PMI registered at 48.1, below expectations (48.2) in October

Germany
PAR 07:56 GMT 10/23/2014
FXStreet (Łódź) - Preliminary German PMI Manufacturing increased to 51.8 in October, from 49.9 in September, according to data released today by Markit. The result is against market consensus of a drop to 49.5.

PMI Services fell to 54.8, following a 55.7 and below expectations of a slide to 55.0.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 07:55 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
EARLIER: HSBC Headline flash PMI improves modestly.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 07:50 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
China flash HSBC PMI October 2014

Earlier
HSBC: 50.4 vs. 50.2 exp. vs. 50.2 prev.

eurusd
london red 07:45 GMT 10/23/2014
got short again at 50 stop abv flash high. if abv its doing 70-90. gap to 22 and reassess.

eurusd
london red 07:06 GMT 10/23/2014
if we dont do much of a retracement we could do some big downside today. historically candles/bars with minimal retracement tend to extend strongly to the opposite side. trigger below 18 for more, but beware consolidation thursday. often calm before the friday storm.

eurusd
london red 06:57 GMT 10/23/2014
just trying an outside hour here but needs to move thru 50 to have any chance of a bit of retracement. except everyone is looking to sell and thats the problem which is hampering any retracement. data starts shortly. more from germany later.

Day's Trades
Haifa ac 06:24 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
SaaR KaL 01:55 GMT 10/23/2014 - My Profile
US Oil
is a great buy here folks..

True. and will be even a greater buy around 71.

eurusd
sd sf 05:47 GMT 10/23/2014
over the last 2 days in this period of roughly the next 3 hours from now

we traded 1.2790/1.2840 we started around 1.2810 and bought for about 2.5 hours

yesterday we traded 1.2685/1.2740 and we bought for about 2.5 hours and we started around 1.2723

so about 50 points basically ... interesting if we can do 50 3 days in a row.

GVI Forex Blog 05:16 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
**Economic Data***- (CN) CHINA HSBC OCT FLASH MANUFACTURING PMI: 50.4 V 50.2E (3-month high) - (JP) JAPAN OCT PRELIM MARKIT/JMMA MANUFACTURING PMI: 52.8 V 51.7E (5th straight month of expansion, highe

TradeTheNews.com Asian Market Update: China HSBC Flash PMI hits 3-month highs, though Output component slows; Kiwi falls 1% on slower CPI growth - Source TradeTheNews.com

eurusd
sd sf 02:30 GMT 10/23/2014
$yen just seeing range t/p offers coming in now @31 32 .. not expecting much more in Asia on this one.

EUR drifting lower that is about all you can say about it.

AceTrader Oct 23: Intra-Day News and Views (USD/JPY) & data to be released today
Hong Kong AceTrader 01:57 GMT 10/23/2014
Intra-Day Market Moving News and Views
23 Oct 2014 01:26GMT

USD/JPY - ...... Dlr pares Wed's gain in early Tokyo trading as intra-day retreat in the Nikkei (currently down 102 points at 15093 after yesterday's 2.5% rally) has led to intra-day renewed buying in yen.

Although the pair climbed in NY morning after U.S. CPI ticked higher and touched session high of 107.38, offers at Monday's 107.39 top checked intra-day gain and price edged lower near NY close.
Looks like range trading would continue in Asia, unless the Nikkei falls sharply, re-test of 107.28/39 is on the card.
Bids are noted at 107.00 and more below would stops below 106.80-75.
On the upside, offers are tipped at 107.45/50 with stops above there, however, more selling interest is reported at 107.80/00 area.

Thursday will see the release of New Zealand CPI, Japan manufacturing PMI, China HSBC manufacturing PMI, France business climate, manufacturing PMI, services PMI, Germany manufacturing PMI, services PMI, EU manufacturing PMI, services PMI, Italy trade balance, UK retail sales, CBI trends, U.S. home price index, jobless claims, manufacturing PMI, leading index and consumer confidence.

Day's Trades
SaaR KaL 01:55 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
US Oil
is a great buy here folks
I do not trade oil...Just that a friend asked me to do so..
a pick over the next day IMO
tgt > 100

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex 01:46 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
MNI: CHINA HSBC OCT FLASH PMI 50.4 VS SEPT FINAL 50.2

Forex News
GVI Forex Blog 01:34 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
* Dollar underpinned after uptick in U.S. CPI

* Bank sector concerns weigh on euro

* Euro zone PMI awaited for market cues

FOREX-Dollar holds steady, supported by Treasury yields, sagging euro

eurusd
shanghai bc 00:55 GMT 10/23/2014

Please contact Jay the boss via email..He will relay your mail to me..

All the best to you..

BREAKING NEWS
Livingston nh 00:54 GMT 10/23/2014
The EUR/USD closed below the 21 dma for the first time in a week - the next two days should see more weakness into the AQR weekend -- maybe the big drop in Greek yield has been last minute shoppers ?

eurusd
GVI Forex 00:54 GMT 10/23/2014  - My Profile
EURUSD upside limited ahead of PMI reports.

1.2650 clearly sets bias (and currently resistance) while within 1.26-1.27. 1.2609-25 targeted while below it, then 1.2580

On top, 1.2680 blocks return to 1.27.

BREAKING NEWS
sd sf 23:08 GMT 10/22/2014
I'm surprised we couldn't put more effort into moving the markets around - given the o/n moves and then this NZD number.

may as well head out and come back in 3 hours for the CNY HSBC number.

Looking past that .. French/Spanish/German Data - none of those seem like they will be good.

Ask Your Advocate: Are Forex Brokers to Blame for Traders Losing Money?
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 22:43 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Red, always, thanks for your insights.

To be clear, we are not soliciting for a broker but in our role as a trader advocate, we try to pass on to our members anything we come across that we think can improve their trading.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 21:54 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile

October 22, 2014 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Thursday, October 23. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS: JP- flash PMI, CN- HSBC PMI, EZ- flash PMIs, Consumer Confidence, GB- Retail Sales, US- Weekly Jobless, flash PMI. Lead Indicators
  • Far East: JP- flash PMI, CN- HSBC PMI
  • Europe: EZ- flash PMIs, Consumer Confidence, GB- Retail Sales, CBI Output
  • North America: US- Weekly Jobless, flash PMI. Lead Indicators, Natural Gas

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 21:52 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
NZ CPI disinflation.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 21:46 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
New Zealand 3Q14 CPI

-- NEWS ALERT--
QQ: +0.30% vs. +0.50% exp. vs. +0.30% prev.
YY: 1.00% vs. +1.20% exp. vs. +1.60% prev.

Direct links to primary data sources

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Mixed Risk
GVI Forex john 20:44 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Closing Levels...

" Trade Ideas "
Lahore FM 20:30 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
" Trade Ideas "
london red 20:25 GMT 10/22/2014

Red Sir, my pleasure !

" Trade Ideas "
london red 20:25 GMT 10/22/2014
FM king of the long term, nothing changes. thanks for your calls. always take note when you open a fresh page.

PIVOT POINTS: Trading System
GVI Forex john 20:24 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile

USD & EUR Pivots. Chart Point tables. Click chart icon to store in browser tab.

Using Pivot Points in Forex Trading:
A Simple but Effective Trading System

Next Page

Must Read Articles

EXCLUSIVE: How to Become a Better Trader Guide
Do You Want to be a Successful Forex Trader? Part One
Video: Forex Trading Outlook for the Week of October 20, 2014
WEEKLY LOOK AHEAD: Stock Correction - October 20, 2014

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2012 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105