User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
12/02/16 0:00 A CN Holiday con: n/a pre: n/a
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
Yellen
'dc' 'CB' 21:00 GMT 02/11/2016

zerohedge
‏@zerohedge

Some Harvard guy says if you use a $100 bill you are a criminal

Daily TA trade
london red 20:52 GMT 02/11/2016
not quite pulled the lot back but sp leaving a nice tail on daily strongly argues for 1870 or 1790 tom

Daily TA trade
GVI 20:47 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
TD, you have had the hot equity hand!!

Daily TA trade
'Belgrade' 'TD' 20:44 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
1/3 out from ~3917 long at 3975 ... nasdag fut ... /NQ ... new stop ~ 3930

eurusd
'dc' 'CB' 20:44 GMT 02/11/2016
the biggie for the US was---

NEW YORK/HOUSTON (Reuters) - U.S. refiner Phillips 66 dumped crude for immediate delivery in Cushing, Oklahoma on Wednesday, sparking speculation that the move reflected advance warning of looming output cuts amid sluggish winter demand and record inventories.

(Warren Buffet's Phillips 66)

reuters

eurusd
Tallinn viies 20:35 GMT 02/11/2016
I saw several news stories today that refineries starting to close down (reducing output) their operation for a better times. marging to refine is so bad and no demand. yoy -15% for disel for example.

so this would put crude oil even bigger pressure as it is still coming out of the ground but you have nowwhere to store it as storage is near full.

interesting times ahead. could oil fall to 10?

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex Blog 20:33 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile

Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database

Yellen
'dc' 'CB' 20:32 GMT 02/11/2016

uncanny resemblence, is it not.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
fred hickey ‏@htsfhickey 9m9 minutes ago

The OPEC story timed right as S&P was breaking thru 1812 critical support was highly suspicious.Who wants to go home long stocks after that?

zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 20m20 minutes ago

bogus OPEC headlines are more powerful than the Federal Reserve

My Thursday Trades
GVI john 20:17 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
Two price levels reportedly being watched on the close are 15,666 in the DJIA and 1812 in the S&P lower closes would be bearish.

My Thursday Trades
'Sydney' 'ACC' 20:11 GMT 02/11/2016
Aussie has tended to be bought as a hedge against inflation. While on the week it hasn't moved much this has masked the degree of volatilty. On two separate days (Tuesday and Thrsday) the currency got hammered sank to below 70 USA cents (0.6985) but on each occasion on the day it rallied all the way back to 71 US cents.
I read that spot iron ore was quoted at USD 43.00 a tonne prior to the Lunar New Year, gold well need I say more and copper is clinging tenaciously to 200 cents a pound.
When mixed with the US earnings figures could this be the start?

My Thursday Trades
'dc' 'CB' 20:06 GMT 02/11/2016
yes Virginia. the Traders (both of them) on the floor of the NYSE are in a panic today. But they reacted swiftly to the OPEC headline, buying up a basket of stocks in record time.

it's all a blur to me

My Thursday Trades
'Livingston' 'nh' 19:54 GMT 02/11/2016
If we could just flush oil to a bottom and get thru Japan coming back tonight and China Monday we might be ok next week -- any whiff of inflation and these bond buyers will be toast

My Thursday Trades
'Israel' 'Dil' 19:52 GMT 02/11/2016
that guy been told it's possible to buy only 300 new Maybachs in place of the 500 he used to buy every week, so he replied "oh, what I have to do about it?"

My Thursday Trades
'dc' 'CB' 19:50 GMT 02/11/2016
but it works every time...algos traded 60K++ Eminis in 5 mins at its release...the last 5mn just did 70K

cad/jpy LONGS longer term
'Hillegom' 'Purk' 19:50 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
Right, another 1/4 out. 1/4 left. 80,01-80,62. Not bad, entries ok. last 1/4 at cost and trying to get more....

My Thursday Trades
'GVI 'john 19:48 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
I've lost count of how many times we've seen this report

My Thursday Trades
'dc' 'CB' 19:44 GMT 02/11/2016
Just what the doctor ordered.
Save the Day Headline

OPEC READY TO COOPERATE ON CUT, UAE ENERGY MIN SAYS: WSJ

Yellen
'Israel' 'Dil' 19:43 GMT 02/11/2016
all Yellen and thr gang need is to listen to the tax payers at the present and let their blind admiration to Keynes stop harming the world. which probably wouldn't happen as they are in disconnect with humanity anno now.

OIL
'Livingston' 'nh' 19:43 GMT 02/11/2016
Testing 26 level again - water drip torture

Hollande
PAR 19:37 GMT 02/11/2016
Russian boycot are killing French agricultural sector. To be discussed with Angela.

Yellen
'dc' 'CB' 19:21 GMT 02/11/2016
ZIRP to NIRP...Thru the Looking Glass Scenario.

Banks will have to sell off Assets(assuming Treas, MBS Securites, xxx,) and buy Dollars and obtain these dollars as notes.
The result being a countervailing force in the market to the lowering of Rates to sub Zero and the desired weakening of the USD.

Yellen
'dc' 'CB' 19:15 GMT 02/11/2016
one of the problems with going to Neg Rates, as noted in the Aug 5, 2010 Fed Memo, will be the strain that will be put on the banking system to come up with the Physical Cash to cover withdrawls.

No only will banks have to convert reserve assets into cash,they were estimated to have on $200Bln of their reserves in Cash, but the Treas will have to Print more bills, which will cost.

FRB Memos

Bank of America
london red 19:12 GMT 02/11/2016
just remember the house never folds. if it does nobody gets paid. always buy goldman on the other side.
last 3 days s&p candle looks suggestive of a close close to opening levels but they look to be out of time to try it.

Bank of America
PAR 19:06 GMT 02/11/2016
BAC down 7.10% ;

Yellen
PAR 18:53 GMT 02/11/2016
DJ Yellen: US Economy Behind Dollar's Strength -- Market Talk

12:55 ET - During her Senate Banking Committee testimony, Yellen offered some thoughts on the yawning gap between US monetary policy and that of some other advanced economies--which are slashing rates below zero. "We have a global economy in which there is considerable weakness in many parts of the world," singling out Europe and Japan. Although some countries are adopting expansionary monetary policies in order to boost inflation and to address weakness in their economies, Yellen noted the US is in a different position. "The US, with a 4.9% unemployment rate, is far-more advanced in that process of recovery--and the different cyclical positions of our different economies are a factor that is pushing up the dollar." She added the dollar's strength in part reflects "disproportionate" strength in the US economy. (harriet.torry@wsj.com; @HarrietTorry)

My Thursday Trades
'dc' 'CB' 18:51 GMT 02/11/2016
looking like not.
Odds rising that the 2:15 will be a Sell Express

eurusd
Tallinn viies 18:46 GMT 02/11/2016
I really hope S&P bottom is done for the week but there is possibility that it is not so. US out on monday and on monday China is coming back from holidays. they have also some selling to be done.

My Thursday Trades
london red 18:45 GMT 02/11/2016
1790 is 23.6% fib of top to devils bottom. got close a couple of times but no touch yet. they have beaten last months low but not by much and currently hovering around there. lower is in so while 1790 is avoided then chart work done and can bounce.

My Thursday Trades
'dc' 'CB' 18:28 GMT 02/11/2016
is the bottom in for the week?
3 day Weekend Cash closed on Mon.

Emini Daily

My Thursday Trades
'GVI 'john 18:05 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
10-yr yield back up to 1.622% -5.9bp

My Thursday Trades
GVI john 18:04 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
30-yr 2.50%
bid to cover 2.09 vs, 2.28
weak

Yellen
PAR 18:02 GMT 02/11/2016
US is the strongest economy in the world and thats why the dollar has been rising. A rising dollar leads to lower commodity prices .

Bulls are not finished yet
'dc' 'CB' 17:24 GMT 02/11/2016
Bullion dealers report record sales as buyers "queue round the block" to purchase the precious metal

Investors 'go bananas' for gold bars as global stock markets tumble

'Hillegom' 'Purk' 17:08 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
Right. 1/2 out at 80,33. Rest at b/e.

GVI Data Calendar for 12 February 2016
GVI Forex Blog 16:58 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile

February 11, 2016 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Friday, February 12, 2016. Trading News Calendar

• Far East: CN- Holiday
  • Europe: DE- GDP, Final HICP, EZ- GDP, Ind Prod
  • North America: US- Retail Sales, import Prices, Business Inventories, Preliminary Univ of Michigan Survey, Rig Count, COT Report
WEEKLY HIGH IMPACT NEWS:

12-Feb Friday
CN- Holiday
13:30 US- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim)

15-Feb Monday
US- Holiday
16-Feb Tuesday
09:30 GB- CPI
10:00 DE- ZEW Survey
17-Feb Wednesday
13:30 US- PPI
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
18-Feb Thursday
00:30 AU- Employment
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
16:00 US- Weekly Crude
19-Feb Friday
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
13:30 US/CA- CPI

GVI Data Calendar for 12 February 2016

My Thursday Trades
'GVI 'john 16:56 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
This has been a more more revealing testimony from Yellen as opposed to yesterday. What she confirmed today is that the Fed tightening path had been premised on a growing economy and that premise might be in doubt. Furthermore, we also learned that the Fed is concerned about financial stability overseas and will be taking it into consideration when making policy.

EURUSD 11375 confirmed
Amman wfakhoury 16:52 GMT 02/11/2016

The only one in the world who confirms the next level

-------------------------
11375 reached

My Thursday Trades
GVI john 16:26 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
I thought I heard earlier today that 1.38% is the low for the yield on the 10-yr.

My Thursday Trades
GVI john 16:24 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
the yield on the 10-yr drifting back lower 1.577% -10.4 bp
on more clearly dovish tone of Yellen relative to yesterday.

EURUSD higher as a result.

Grilled Yellen
PAR 16:06 GMT 02/11/2016
Yellen looked into negative rates and decided it would not work well.

Grilled Yellen
PAR 16:04 GMT 02/11/2016
Since when is the echange rate a responsability of the FED ?

This central planning institution wants to control everything . A central planned hedge fund making profit for the American citizens ?

'Hillegom' 'Purk' 16:03 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
Wow that was fast: 80,80-80..
Start to built up again. 80,01 in. rest is known... scaling adding, bla di bla.

Daily TA trade
'Belgrade' 'TD' 16:02 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
open long ~3917 ... nasdag fut ... /NQ

Grilled Yellen
'GVI 'john 16:00 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
Yes. She was indicating that the fall in oil and higher USD were why their inflation forecasts have been wrong. Draw your own conclusions!

Grilled Yellen
'dc' 'CB' 15:53 GMT 02/11/2016
Yes she said that and then continues to say

at 46:37....."never the less,the strenght of the dollar and the extent to which its moved up since mid 2014 is not something which we anticipated, um so yes we've been suprised in part by those developments" 46:56

BREAKING NEWS
'GVI 'john 15:50 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
That was the "planted" question I mentioned earlier. Yellen has just sent the dovish signal she did not send yesterday.

EURUSD rallied only slightly on her statement.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI john 15:46 GMT 02/11/2016  - My Profile
Yellen looking at developments in overseas markets and evaluating their likely impact on the balance of risks to the economy. Its premature to come to a decision today, but they are a consideration.

Grilled Yellen
'''Singapore''' '''SGFXTrader''' 15:44 GMT 02/11/2016
U make a mistake! Yellen said they anticipated the strength in the dollar!

dc' 'CB' 15:36 GMT 02/11/2016
Yellen: "the strength in the dollar, which we had not anticipated"

Grilled Yellen
'dc' 'CB' 15:36 GMT 02/11/2016
Yellen: "the strength in the dollar, which we had not anticipated"

Next Page

Day Two Of Fed Yellen Congressional Testimony On Economy

MAJOR ITEMS THIS WEEK (GMT)

11-Feb Thursday
15:00 US- Yellen Testifies
12-Feb Friday
13:30 US- Retail Sales

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Risk-Off in Europe

Yen, bonds, gold all gain at dollar's expense, stocks slump -- Reuters.com

EXCLUSIVE: Swiss Deflation Persists

Latest News On U.S. Presidential Primaries -- Realclearpolitics.com

Yellen Testimony Critical To Policy Outlook

EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated

EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated

Pound Seen Tumbling Whether U.K. Stays in EU or Seeks `Brexit' -- Bloomberg.com

TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES

How to Test an Algo, System or Signals Service

OPINION: Yen Strength Revisited

My Forex Trading Forecast for the Week of February 8, 2016

Yellen Testimony This Week Critical

The Monday Effect; A Forex Trading Pattern Revealed

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105