User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
30/07/15 7:55 A DE Jobless con: -5 pre: -1
30/07/15 7:55 A DE Jobless % con: 6.40% pre: 6.40%
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
AceTrader Jul 30: Daily Recommendations on Major -EUR/USD
Hong Kong AceTrader 01:51 GMT 07/30/2015
Update Time: 30 Jul 2015 01:10 GMT

EUR/USD - 1.0967
Euro's close below 1.1022 on Wednesday after an intra-day sharp sell-off from 1.1080 to 1.0967 in post-FOMC New York session signals up-move from July's 12-week trough at 1.0808 has made a temporary top at 1.1129 on Monday and consolidation with downside bias is seen for a retracement to 1.0940/50, however, reckon support at 1.0925 would hold and yield rebound later.

On the upside, a move back above 1.1080 would confirm correction over and bring re-test of 1.1129, break would extend aforesaid rise towards 1.1150/60.

Thursday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 00:47 GMT 07/30/2015  - My Profile
EURUSD: 1.0965

1.0925 is on the radar if it can stay below 1.0968 (use 1.0965-70). Key level is at 1.0870 as it guards the key 1.0808 low

Only 1.10+ would neutralize the risk.

Feels like market is setting up for US GDP later today.

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex Blog 19:39 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile

Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database

Fed Sends Mixed Signals. U.S. Pending Homes Sales Weak. Crude Rebounds
GVI Forex Blog 19:20 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile

30 JULY 2015, 00:00 GMT >> FOREX NEWS  >> US- Pending Homes Sales weak>> Weekly Crude big draw >> FOMC Decision neutral >> FOREX >> USD up,  EUR CROSSES: down, COMMODITY CURRENCIES: down >> EQUITIES: FAR EAST- mixed, EUROPE- up, U

Fed Sends Mixed Signals. U.S. Pending Homes Sales Weak. Crude Rebounds

Auction
dc CB 19:19 GMT 07/29/2015
the biggest surprise: this is happening precisely one hour ahead of a potentially pre-hiking FOMC statement, usually a time when there is no violent expression of interest in the one instrument that would be whacked the most should the Fed indeed hike.

In other words, foreign central banks have made it very clear how they feel about the possibility of a Fed rate hike not only today, but for the rest of 2015.

Record Foreign Central Bank Demand Leads To Blistering 5 Year Auction

BREAKING NEWS
london red 19:17 GMT 07/29/2015
cable. yet another failure abv 15600/20 and leaves a huge wick on daily candle. has 155 (tomorrows broken channel) written all over it on solid us gdp tomorrow. should fase any bounce off 200hma to 15600/20 tomorrow into us data. surely gdp no worse than 2.5% f/c. personally think 2.8-3% is about right.

BREAKING NEWS
london red 19:12 GMT 07/29/2015
with risk of dovish fed now out of way question is do you think you can sell euro abv 1.10 tomorrow to set up into tomorrows us gdp? mkt giving you your answer. sup at 10965 by no means a buy but might bounce. below 50 good for 10925/20.

STOX
dc CB 19:03 GMT 07/29/2015
with the exception of the Dow...thanks to all those "Industrial Companies" that make stuff, the rest of the indexs are well above the July opening.

So there is NO excuse not to make those windows real pretty.

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 18:29 GMT 07/29/2015
red

raise rates going into the fall, into banker bonus time, into - how's my 401K performing shall I buy a new FlatScreen.

Into 4th Quart Corp 0% borrowing to buy a $$ FEW Billion more worth of shares anncd' in the next confer call

Maybe 2016 These guys know who butters their bread.

Wednesday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 18:21 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
10-yr 2.281% +3.5bp
EURUSD 1.1036

YAWN!

BREAKING NEWS
london red 18:16 GMT 07/29/2015
CB they have to raise as we are reaching top of cycle. nxt 2 years max. gotta take some of them chips back they can thrown em out again.

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 18:12 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
soooo much a-dooo... over a 1/4 point hike
must be something specially potentially impactful about it seeing janet's uh-ehmm maybe soon but not yet about it

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 18:11 GMT 07/29/2015
they will never raise rates this year. Employment...remember when 6.5% was the Line that would trigger a rate hike.

I'll wear my Tin Hat, but I think Yellen et al really blew their chance to risk some short term Pain in the lazy summer time to build up some cred.

BREAKING NEWS
london red 18:10 GMT 07/29/2015
fed. they have slighted firmed language. could have easily cried over softness of some recent data, hence the bounce in dollar. but euro flows positive this week so this post fed move thus far against the trend. they need to do 10998 and really 10965 to make it stick.

BREAKING NEWS
Livingston nh 18:10 GMT 07/29/2015
These mopes will just keep changing the target -- the real risk is the pace of the increases once they come off the mark // Obi Wan Ben talked taper and then waited -- it's in the Fed's genes now

BREAKING NEWS: Fed Policy Statement
GVI Forex Blog 18:10 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile

For immediate release

Information received since the Federal Open Market Committee met in June indicates that economic activity has been expanding moderately in recent months. Growth in household spending has been moderate and the housing sector has shown additional improvement; however, business fixed investment and net exports stayed soft

BREAKING NEWS: Fed Policy Statement

BREAKING NEWS
london red 18:09 GMT 07/29/2015
euro. sup at 10998/10005 tech plus the options related stuff (topside was kept in checked they will try to do so with dwnside as well, but makes break a sharp one if happens). below 10998 dwn to 10965, stops under 60/55 i expect.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 18:06 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
CB- Sounds like the next two employment reports will be decisive.

Video: Forex Trading Outlook for the FOMC Decision
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 18:05 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
That was textbook as suggested in my video.

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 18:05 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
Janet is taking players for turkeys and turkeys continue to give her a break

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 18:05 GMT 07/29/2015
This is the 54th straight Fed meeting with no rate hike. We now await Jon Hilsenrath (absent a press conference) to explain what The Fed means.

ZH

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 18:04 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
No hint of a September policy move. Not ruled out either.

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 18:03 GMT 07/29/2015
FOMC: "it will be appropriate to raise the range for the federal funds rate when it has seen some further improvement in the labor market"

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 18:00 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
no dissents
10-0 vote

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 18:00 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
U.S. Fed Policy Decision July 2015
U.S. Data Charts

NEWS ALERT
Rates: Unchanged
RELEASE: Policy Statement

TTN: Live News Special Offer

GVI Forex john bland 17:58 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
10-yr 2.289%

GVI Forex john bland 17:53 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
We are back to EURUSD 1.1050 neutrality

london red 17:48 GMT 07/29/2015
day options which get cut in about an hour showing about half a point swing for both euro and cabel so that will be initial sup/res on any spike. if these areas hold mkt likely to move back to pre data point. if broken then we can move onto next sup/res and stops likely to then build inside of those initial levels.

STOX
dc CB 17:46 GMT 07/29/2015
as seen

Econ see Fed Raising Rates

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Mild Risk-On
Houston OT 17:40 GMT 07/29/2015
SGFX that seems to be the near consensus view, maybe similar to those calls for EURUSD parity?

Singapore SGFXTrader 17:38 GMT 07/29/2015
GBPUSD
Entry: Target: Stop:

After the breakout above the 100-ma during end April, Gbpusd has been supported nicely above the 100 sma line. On the daily chart, we see Gbp retest 1.58.

Singapore SGFXTrader 17:37 GMT 07/29/2015
EURUSD

Let me share the love =)

On the hourly Eurusd chart: After the breakout above the 100-ma on 21st July, Eurusd has been supported nicely above this line. This coincides nicely with the 4-hour and daily chart which is suggesting a recovery towards 1.13.

Singapore SGFXTrader 17:35 GMT 07/29/2015
Crude

Crude will minimally retest the previous low that is set beginning of 2015.

Ever since Crude breakout below the 100-ma line, it has been staying below. Based on the monthly chart, ever since Crude breakout below the 100-ma line, it has comfortably stay below the line for the whole of 2015. It is resuming the move to retest the low.

This is my 2 cents!

GVI Forex Jay Meisler 17:19 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
It was mentioned earlier but GBP demand was likely a month end or some other order. Note how it has lost the uber bid, easing some of the selling pressure on the EURUSD.

GVI Forex Jay Meisler 17:17 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
SGFX, check your email

GVI Forex john bland 17:14 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
Thanks. I always get the feeling GS has a forecast for the rubes and another one for their trading.

Singapore SGFXTrader 17:10 GMT 07/29/2015
Dont worry mate. You are doing good =)

GVI Forex john bland 16:42 GMT 07/29/2015 - My Profile
GS commodity guy on CNBC forecasting WTI at $45.00. I am always nervous when I have the same view as their public forecast.

GVI Forex john bland 17:07 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
5-yr 1.625%
bid to cover 2.58 vs. 2.38 prev
strong auction

GVI Data Calendar for 30 July 2015
GVI Forex Blog 17:05 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile

July 29, 2015 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Thursday, July 30, 2015. Trading News Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS RELEASES: DE- Jobless, Final HICP

• North America: US- Weekly Jobless, GDP

• Far East: No Major Data
  • Europe: DE- Jobless, Final HICP
  • North America: US- Weekly Jobless, GDP, Natural Gas, 7-yr Auction

GVI Data Calendar for 30 July 2015

nw kw 16:59 GMT 07/29/2015
Gasoline: -0.360 v
refiners need to increase the draw, oil cheaper for some gas demand

london red 16:43 GMT 07/29/2015
wti. prev low 5059 should draw sellers and will find it hard to close abv 61.8 fib at 49.90, now that it has been broken by successive closes below.

GVI Forex john bland 16:42 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
GS commodity guy on CNBC forecasting WTI at $45.00. I am always nervous when I have the same view as their public forecast.

GVI Forex john bland 16:39 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
Oil holding firm after large draws in API and EIA crude in the past two days. WTI $49.19 +1.21. I doubt it will hold here. Oil prices are a key factor in central bank goals for higher inflation.

london red 16:19 GMT 07/29/2015
cable. mkt will probably buy 15615/20 but will give up if below 15607/01 fib. if short best to take profits ahead of fed as they are v likely to do nothing and statement is unlikely to be changed too much, certainly not enough to leave an open possie.

GVI Forex john bland 15:34 GMT 07/29/2015  - My Profile
Markets taking a mild RISK ON posture heading into the Fed in about 2-1/2 hours from now.
equities up
bond yields up (defensively?)
forex: USD mixed, EUR mixed to lower on its crosses

STOX
dc CB 14:58 GMT 07/29/2015

even less Fear. Markets are convinced that Gammy will take a pass today.

Next Page

MUST READ ARTICLES

Forex Broker Spreads: What You See May Not Be What You Get

Forex Broker Spreads Widening?

Fed Meeting on Wednesday Could Be Historic: Week Ahead

Forex Trading Outlook for the Week of July 27, 2015

Follow-Up: Exclusive:A Major Flaw in MT4 Charts and Other Data Sources

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105