User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
27/04/15 23:50 A JP Retail Sales yy con: -7.50% pre: -1.70%
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
UPCOMING NEWS
GVI Forex john 19:48 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT)
    MONDAY
    23:50 JP Retail Sales consumer demand
    TUESDAY
    8:30 GB GDP widest measure of economy
    14:00 US CB Cons Confidence Latest view on economy
    17:00 UST TRY 5-yr
    WEDNESDAY
    0:00 JP Holiday
    11:00 DE fl HICP yy ECB targets inflation
    12:00 JP Ind Outp production
    12:30 US GDP q/q widest measure of economy
    14:00 US Pending Homes Predictor of Sales
    14:30 US EIA Crude mn major price indicator
    17:00 USFRB Fed Rates Fed Policy Decision
    17:00 UST TRY 7-yr
    20:00 NZ RBNZ Cash Rate RBNZ Decision
    THURSDAY
    4:30 JP Bank of Japan Bank of Japan
    7:55 DE Jobless Employment
    8:00 CH KOF Ind
    9:00 EZ flash HICP y ECB targets inflation
    9:00 EZ fl core HICP y m ECB targets inflation
    12:30 CA GDP mm Broadest Economic measure
    12:30 US PCE defl y Fed inflation target
    12:30 US Initial Claims weekly jobs data
    12:30 US Per Income earnings
    13:45 US Chicago PMI Regional PMI
    23:30 JP Unemploy jobs data
    23:30 JP core CPI BOJ targets Inflation
    23:30 JP CPI BOJ targets Inflation
    FRIDAY
    CH Holiday
    CN Holiday
    EZ Holiday
    1:00 CN NBS PMI Latest view on economy
    1:35 JP final Mfg PMI Latest view on economy
    8:28 GB Mfg PMI Latest view on economy
    13:45 US final U of Mich Sentiment Survey
    14:00 US Construction Spend construction
    14:00 US ISM MFG PMI Latest view on economy

calendarBe sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar for key items, such as consensus estimates, previous data and links to charts of recent data).

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex john 19:42 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

RISK ON: Hope That Talks On Greece Might Improve After Greek FinMin Change Gives Stocks Boost
GVI Forex Blog 17:38 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
TOP NEWS ITEMS: JP- Retail Sales, GB- GDP, US- Case-Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence, Richmond Fed, 5-yr

RISK ON: Hope That Talks On Greece Might Improve After Greek FinMin Change Gives Stocks Boost

GBP
gc sf 17:32 GMT 04/27/2015
all the breakout strategies are long this @1.5208-10 - they target tp @ 1.5295

+ some of the other calls yesterday were all buying GBP with tp 1.53 +

so the r/r in being long GBP is decreasing pretty quick.

ACC mentioned it before - but we have RBA Guy speaking in 5 hours time ... if you have AUD position would have to be wary of that.

Global-View Trading Systems
GVI Forex john 17:29 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
50-day moving average (1.0907) broken in EURUSD, but baxk below now that the stops above 1.0900 were taken out.

New S and P Record
dc CB 17:13 GMT 04/27/2015
Across the board...cur, bonds, gold, stocks, the Algos are setting widened ranges where stops can accumulate...this will go on up to just a few milliseconds prior the 2PM FMOC "Embargoed Release" on Wed.

Stops on either side will be run in the first second after the the "official" release.

But hey they Busted that XXX, so it's all good right?

The Geopolitical Soup
Paris ib 17:09 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
I have no idea about timing... but it looks like we are not far off another flare up. Take your pick: Syria, Yemen... the Ukraine.

No Hope For Peace

New S and P Record
Paris ib 16:47 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
U.S. Treasuries sliding.

New S and P Record
Paris ib 16:44 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
The S and P didn't like that positive open. Looking to see where we go on the downside. Bonds also seeing a little pressure.

AUD the anti USD
Paris ib 16:42 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
Possible but we have to get through FOMC. A decisive break would set the tone. And then there is a lot of upside. :-)

AUD the anti USD
kl shawn 16:38 GMT 04/27/2015
ib, euro above 1.10 and. gbp above. 1.54 by friday?

AUD the anti USD
Paris ib 16:26 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
USD weakness accelerating. We need to get through FOMC before we can say the top is in in the USD. But it's starting to look that way.

BREAKING NEWS
kl shawn 16:20 GMT 04/27/2015
cable run to 1.54-1.55 before election, then return to 1.50 after

New S and P Record
Paris ib 16:19 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
On the back of the news that the Greek Finance Minister is going to be gently shoved to one side. New absolute high. Now waiting for the FOMC. Euro on its way to 1.1000. The break above that will need to be decisive for this trend to find legs.

Global Markets News
GVI Forex Blog 16:07 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
The Shanghai Composite surged 3% on Monday on reports the PBoC was talking about another round of QE stimulus and European indices saw very strong gains on the Chinese news and some positive developments on the Greek front. Trading has been a bit choppy in the US, with participants eyeing Wednesday's FOMC decision and tons of big earnings report, not the least Apple today after the close

TradeTheNews.com US Mid-Session Update: PBoC May Be Cooking Up QE; Greece Shuffles Negotiating Team

AUD the anti USD
Sydney ACC 15:57 GMT 04/27/2015
RBA Governor Stevens speaks to the AFR Banking & Wealth Summit at 8:40am AEST.

It's possible he could discuss the reduced impact from a further cut in the cash rate at the current level. If so would be supportive of AUD.

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
Mtl JP 15:56 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
looksee here: ..."a new team was also set up to support EU and IMF officials gathering information in the Greek capital"...

the Greek is as finished as a moth caught in spider's web

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
Livingston nh 15:40 GMT 04/27/2015
This move will likely cause a new election in Greece - Syriza fractures come front and center - capital flight increases // the political arm of the Troika called this shot - "kick the can" again

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Risk-On
GVI Forex john 15:35 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile

AUD the anti USD
london red 15:23 GMT 04/27/2015
cable up on fix related buying and new poll showing tories with 6 pt lead. earlier poll today showed labour leading by 3. bottom line is it will be close and the longer it takes to form a government the more sterling will suffer.
some option related selling at days high and while close abv 100 day will be bullish think further gains on ice until tomorrows gdp. as long as bad news held off by 15060, then can still finish day up (tomorrow).

AUD the anti USD
Paris ib 15:02 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
AUD rally - as usual - a harbinger of USD weakness. :-)

Penny Stock Chronicles
dc CB 14:58 GMT 04/27/2015

not a penny stock by any means...but heavy bets on it coming in with Boffo Earnings ---after the close today.
Hvywt member of DJIA,S&P and, Naz (100 and Comp).

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
Mtl JP 14:58 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
The euro is – and has to be – irrevocable in all its member states, not just because the Treaties say so, but because without this there cannot be a truly single money” - Draghi

perish the thought of the Greek screwing with the european princes' process of building a modern-day castle.

resistance is futile. assimilation is certain.

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
london red 14:43 GMT 04/27/2015
what greece needs to do for greece is default. ppl will always lend them money history shows, despite their various defaults. as it stands they are negotiating for their kids to pay off this generations debts. so greece will be uncompetitive for a generation. so its best for them they default. but they would then probably want to keep the euro. and thats probably where the eu would draw the line. it could be the party's end game to default but they of course would need to go thru the motions, which is what we are seeing, as we are no closer to another deal (dilution) than a few months back.

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
dc CB 14:38 GMT 04/27/2015
and this is the Pix the NYTimes runs today....oooooooo
Just Who does he think he is. Where's his hair shirt

Greece Says It Is Changing Team That Negotiates With Creditors

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
Paris ib 14:30 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
That pie chart is a classic CB. But it's always like that. The Mexican crisis, the Asian crisis.... the debts are illegitimate and unsound and when they go bust (as they must) these deals are intended to cripple the countries involved. And they do. That said the Greek Finance Minister was not achieving anything concrete for the Greek people. I don't know if the rest of them have it in them to do anything, we will see.

An Economic Hitman

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
dc CB 14:20 GMT 04/27/2015

not a suprise at all. He's just another rich dude who. Attack the man, not his postion.

From the Economist:
Mr Varoufakis has become a global celebrity, to the annoyance of many in Syriza, the leftist party in power. To his critics, Mr Varoufakis’s lifestyle—riding a powerful motorbike, spending evenings in chic bars and weekends at a smart island villa belonging to his wife—is embarrassingly close to that of the rich Greeks he castigates for avoiding taxes by stashing cash abroad.

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
Paris ib 14:17 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
Foreign holders of U.S. Treasuries

See Russia

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
Paris ib 14:14 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
JP - don't know. The evidence suggests that geopolitics and Russia - and all of that (so you have Syria, Yemen, the Ukraine....) is just bubbling along under the surface but likely to erupt at any time. I note that the Russians (according to latest data) had sold nearly all their U.S. Treasuries - I guess they've sold even more since then. Preparations are at hand. But for what? I have no idea but I don't like it.

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
Mtl JP 14:06 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
ib 13:46 some sort of confrontation
---
suspicious mind says foreign confrontation is often eyeball diversion tactic from domestic kakka

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
Paris ib 14:01 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
That's not the point. The debt needs to be serviced. Without a deal that would be difficult. Varafoukis was in the way of progress, so this is good news at least in terms of addressing the problem.

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
PAR 13:59 GMT 04/27/2015
Its not that because Varoufakis disappears that the Greek debt disappears . Greece debt today higher than Friday .
Even higher than this morning .

BREAKING NEWS
PAR 13:54 GMT 04/27/2015
Markit Flash U.S. Services #PMI falls from 59.2 in Mar to 57.8. Cost inflation at 6-month high

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 13:53 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
ISM flash Services PMI. Another data miss.
MORE: U.S. Data Charts

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
Paris ib 13:50 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
"Amazingly, Mr Varoufakis is often away on the international conference circuit. In his absence Yannis Dragasakis, the deputy prime minister, who is close to Mr Tsipras but not to Mr Varoufakis, takes over."

Bloomberg has confirmed the reshuffle.

"Greece reshuffled its bailout-negotiating team, reining in Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis, after three months of talks with creditors failed to unlock aid and a meeting with his euro-area counterparts ended in acrimony. The coordination of day-to-day efforts to strike a deal with creditors was handed to Deputy Foreign Minister Euclid Tsakalotos, a Greek government official said in an e-mail to reporters Monday."

The Economist

BREAKING NEWS
london red 13:49 GMT 04/27/2015
edit. abv mon high

BREAKING NEWS
london red 13:48 GMT 04/27/2015
cable. sell 60-75 stop abv friday high. for 15090/95. then long 15060/65 stop a little under 200hma for return to 100 day ma.

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
Paris ib 13:46 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
Very good news for cutting a deal then.

What's this business Merkel wants more sanctions on Russia? For what?

Feels like we are building to some sort of confrontation.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 13:45 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
U.S. Markit flash Services PMI April 2015
U.S. Data Charts

ALERT
57.8 vs. 58.6 exp. vs. 59.2 (flash)

Markit PMI Press Release

TTN: Live News Special Offer

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
GVI Forex john 13:45 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
PAR- thanks for the Greece info! Very Helpful!

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
london red 13:44 GMT 04/27/2015
weekend press not so kind to Varoufakis, sources say its got to the point that he cannot be taken seriously by eu parties.

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
GVI Forex john 13:32 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
Translation:

Radical staff exchange in Athens: Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras (41) deposed his finance Yanis Varoufakis (54) further! Varoufakis is not responsible for negotiations with the so-called Euro-group now!

From Wednesday to Deputy Foreign Minister Efkledes Tsakalotos (54) for Greece in Brussels to negotiate with the Euro group. This was announced by the government in Athens. Tsakalotos'm going to work "under Varoufakis," it said tersely. The goal is to improve the climate conversation.

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
PAR 13:26 GMT 04/27/2015
Griechischer Finanzminister nicht mehr für Verhandlungen mit Euro-Gruppe zuständig

-

Varoufakis entmachtet!

http://www.bild.de/politik/ausland/yanis-varoufakis/tsipras-finanzminister-entmachtet-40718888.bild.html

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Risk-On
GVI Forex john 13:26 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
RISK ON
following word Greece might be revising its reform program

DAX +199
DJ futures +83
S&P futures +7

US 10-yr 1.921% +1.1bp
DE 10-yr 16.5% +0.8bp

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
NY JM 13:22 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
PAR, good info in that post.

VAROUFAKIS OUT ?
PAR 13:13 GMT 04/27/2015
European markets have caught fire in the last 30minutes, as headlines intensify Yanis Varoufakis has been sidelined by Tsipras, and Germany’s Bild reporting the Greeks have revised their reform list. The DAX is up 90bp, with only the Fins in the red (DB #s), while discretionary names are leaping by over 2% in heavy volume. Over in Asia, China stocks jumped to fresh seven-year highs on expectations that Beijing will accelerate mergers among state-owned enterprises, while a Pop in Ore prices benefited the Miners, helping Aussie close at 7Y highs. On the flip side, Fitch Downgrades Japan (Nikkei off small), while India was hit for 1%, and now red on the year.

Read more: http://uk.businessinsider.com/trader-chat-april-27-2015-4#ixzz3YVzLfI9O

GVI Forex Blog 12:49 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
HIGH IMPACT NEWS RELEASES: JP- Retail Sales, GB- GDP, US- Case-Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence, Richmond Fed, 5-yr Auction

GVI Forex Calendar for April 28, 2015

UPCOMING NEWS
GVI Forex john 12:47 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile

April 27, 2015 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Tuesday, April 28, 2015. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS RELEASES: JP- Retail Sales, GB- GDP, US- Case-Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence, Richmond Fed, 5-yr Auction
  • Far East: JP- Retail Sales
  • Europe: GB- GDP
  • North America: US- Case-Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence, Richmond Fed, 5-yr Auction, Weekly Energy

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 12:43 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
Iran Radio reports ISIS leader Dead

GBP
NY JM 12:40 GMT 04/27/2015  - My Profile
My view on cable has been that there was a flow that drove it higher. I have not seen any talk of this in print but price action suggested it was more than spec buying.

For me it would have to trade and hold above 1.5164 and then take out 1.52 to suggest more upside.

If I am right in my suspicion of a flow, then see what happens if whatever order drove it higher is no longer in the market.

Next Page

MUST READ ARTICLES

Is the Dollar Bull Run Over?

BEWARE: Forex Price Volatility Is On The Rise

Red Light, Green Light 1-2-3

Max McKegg's EURUSD FX Forecast

Is it Time to Consider Trading Binary Options?

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105