User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
02/09/15 8:28 A GB Construct PMI con: 57.5 pre: 57.1
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
SHCOMP :(
jkt abel 02:59 GMT 09/02/2015
RF@, are things under control though?

SHCOMP :(
HK RF@ 02:55 GMT 09/02/2015

Shanghai Composite Index, may end the day in the green, possibly not to demoralize the folks on the coming holiday(Mkts in China, will be closed beginning tomorrow to the end of the week).

If it will end significantly lower, it means...matters are totally out of control :[

Post Your Trade
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 01:53 GMT 09/02/2015  - My Profile
The reason for encouraging this thread is to encourage more posting of trade ideas. It is also easy to review them as they are one place.

With that said you know we are flexible so this is not a requirement but we do think it would encourage more posting if trades.

Post Your Trade
jkt abel 01:49 GMT 09/02/2015
Jay, i dont think it is convenient to just limit a thread for posting a trade idea, just let it flow like the forum has been. Appreciate the effort but sometimes too much effort will ruin it.

Post Your Trade
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 01:32 GMT 09/02/2015  - My Profile
Please use this thread to post your trades.

Wednesday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex 01:30 GMT 09/02/2015  - My Profile
See how it closes

* China's CSI300 index to open down 4.2 pct at 3,220.85 points

GVI Forex Jay Meisler 00:51 GMT 09/02/2015  - My Profile
S&P up so just follow equities. Outside day already in USDJPY. Would need a close above 120.24 for an outside day key reversal day. Long way to go before the close.

SF WM 00:39 GMT 09/02/2015
Any news? USD up. Reversal in jpy.

Fed Rate Liftoff and the Forex Market Dilemma
GVI Forex Blog 00:18 GMT 09/02/2015  - My Profile

While a Fed interest rate liftoff seems a matter of when, not if this year judging by recent Fedspeak, it poses a dilemma for the forex market

Fed Rate Liftoff and the Forex Market Dilemma

dc CB 00:13 GMT 09/02/2015
"Simply put - it is very clear now that stocks are moving in lockstep with JPY carry"

120 ---- it's a miracle

dc CB 23:43 GMT 09/01/2015
last week's recovery from oversold was triggered by Dudley.

The chart suggests a retest of the DoRight, a retest of 1831 and a retest of Bullard's Bottom.

the bounce went just above the 50% ret. 2134-1831. Looking like a Wave 4.

The only thing that would save it is another QE - from Draggi ??

Friday will be thin thin thin after the NFP release, the machines will probably be left on to trade the afternoon session.

Emini Daily

Livingston nh 23:25 GMT 09/01/2015
John - the capitulation trade on this SPX leg was last week when A/D, volume neg, VIX and New Lows (especially new lows) all spiked -- today was the "uh oh" trade following Friday's stall // these folks were figuring we would get the V bottom as STOX started to rise -- BAD market internals today were pretty consistent all day BUT only 100 new lows

On or before Friday we could get a new Price low but a decent rally on Good employment figures would put to bed Fed fears (maybe a proxy ADP rally tomorrow)

My Good ANALOGY risk is that STOX are trading like OCT 1987 not flash crash or greek issues or '97

Global-View Trading Technologies
dc CB 22:56 GMT 09/01/2015
repost of JPM's Quant warning from last week. --- (on ZH)

the head JPM quant warns that a large pool of assets controlled by price-insensitive managers including derivatives hedgers, Trend Following strategies (CTAs), Risk Parity portfolios and Volatility Managed strategies, which is programmatically trading equities regardless of underlying fundamentals, is about to start selling equities, "and will negatively affect market in coming days and weeks." For good measure, he casually tosses the word "crash" in the note as well.

JPM Head Quant Warns Second Market Crash May Be Imminent

dc CB 22:53 GMT 09/01/2015
ZH thoughts:

So 3 big stories today - Equities collapsed... VIX ETFs turmoiled... and Crude Oil crashed...

But before we start - something odd is going on... Simply put - it is very clear now that stocks are moving in lockstep with JPY carry (China forced unwinds) and long-dated TSYs (China selling) have entirely decoupled from the rest of US assets...

We suspect that as Monday's collapse occurred last week it forced "Risk Parity" shops into selling as China's intervention throws ther asimple arbs (equities down, yields down) into a fit - unleashing all sorts of negative feedback loops which are still underway.

Which summarized simply means - any time you introduce an exogenous signal to a correlation pair, it blows it up and forces derisking. The more leverage on both legs, the more unwinds needed... and the more negative the feedback loop. And this 'correlation pair' game has been going on for 5 years unabated.

Crude Carnage & Asian Contagion Crushes Hype-Fueled Dreams Of US Stocks

Israel Dil 22:22 GMT 09/01/2015
Mr. Blend.... :-)

with that answer I say that you are much better from Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton, therefore both parties to agree to let you run for presidency in their behalf.

it's clear that the deep emotional attachment to H.M. J. Meisler avoids the presidency and keeps you here with us.

Shanghai Stockmarket
Sydney ACC 22:21 GMT 09/01/2015
The Shanghai stock market will be closed Thursday and Friday as China commemorates the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II.

GVI Forex john bland 22:13 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
The preferred side to trade from depends on the strength or weakness of the S&P futures (e-mini). S&P and EURUSD are negatively correlated.

Mtl JP 21:39 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
U.S. stocks suffer 3rd-worst drop of year is "closed soft" ?
lol, love your prose john

Mtl JP 21:36 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
john what is the preferred side from to trade it now ?

GVI Forex john bland 21:21 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
EURUSD trading closer to its 200-day average (1.1295).

GVI Forex Blog 21:01 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile

USD Pivot Points, Support and Resistance Levels. Chart Point tables.

GVI Forex john bland 20:57 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Three observations:

1) Equities closed soft. I'm not sure, but don't corrections often end with a climax sell-off? That usually happens when the final long throws in the towel. This market seems strangely complacent to me at this juncture.

2) I watched and traded EURUSD all day Tuesday. While the EURUSD rallied, it seemed to me like a reluctant rally, which suggests there were not a lot of stops in the market meaning that there may not have been a lot of stops resting in the market.

3) I heard that Wednesday is the last trading day for the Shanghai this week due to holidays on Thursday and Friday. So Wednesday is the final trading day of the week.

E/TRY and e/gbp
Israel Dil 20:54 GMT 09/01/2015
PURK

I disagree with you, TRY is a mega SHORT
sooner than later the "thing" saying that MOHAMMED went on his horse as the first man on the moon will lose his TEMPORARY position then TRY will return to be a currency of a nation and not a regime... until that point just trade it ;-)

fair value of EUR/TRY is seriously lower than 2

MM / DIL

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 20:44 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
CO $44.51 -0.41 (44.92 was the close)

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 20:36 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Reportedly API crude +7.6 mln vs. 0.0mln exp

GVI Data Calendar for 2 September 2015
GVI Forex john bland 19:57 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile

September 1, 2015 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Wednesday, September 2, 2015. Trading News Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS RELEASES: AU- GDP, Trade, Retail Sales, GB- Construction PMI, EZ- PPI, us- ADP Jobs, Productivity, Factory Orders, Weekly Crude, Beige Book
  • Far East: AU-GDP, Trade, Retail Sales
  • Europe: GB- Construction PMI, EZ- PPI
  • North America: us- Weekly Mortgages, ADP Jobs, Productivity, Factory Orders, Weekly Crude, Beige Book

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex Blog 19:41 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile

Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database

AUGUST NFP
PAR 19:41 GMT 09/01/2015
15:38 EDT - RBC is coming to the defense of August payrolls, dismissing all the talk about how the month's report has a consistent history of falling short of expectations. Firm says the reality of today's labor market is one of ongoing improvement, with no signs suggesting an imminent slowdown in payrolls growth. "Basing a call for a weak August print solely on the performance of this month over recent history is a stretch," firm says, forecasting an above-consensus 230k-240k gain in jobs last month. It notes that the misses posted in August 2012 and 2013 were only slightly off the average from the prior three months. Meanwhile, the August 2014 miss was large, but due to a well-advertised grocery-store strike. (cynthia.lin@wsj.com; @cynthialin_dj)

This is NOT a Dress Rehearsal
Paris ib 19:09 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Find out where the bunkers are and storm the bunkers.

This is NOT a Dress Rehearsal
Paris ib 19:07 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
2008 was the dress rehearsal. This is the the real deal.

EUR/AUD
Paris ib 19:04 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
EUR/AUD up through 1.6000. Shortish term target is 1.6500.

Bond Market Avalanche
Paris ib 19:00 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
While stocks see ongoing weakness there has NOT been a commensurate increase in bond buying. 2 year Treasury yields are still above 0.70 percent and 3 year yields are above 1 percent. This is not good news. The U.S. rolls most of its debt in the 1 to 2 year area. And it has a lot of debt to roll. 4 trillion rolls every year. Higher yields at the short end go right to the bottom line. One more reason for Yellen NOT to hike in September. Though I note the ongoing USD bullish sentiment on this forum and in the press. The logic is flawed. The USD remains at risk.

E/TRY and e/gbp
hillegom purk 18:39 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Ah mr. DIL.

I waited for many moons after shorting e/try the first time remember at 3,28.
It went back all the way to 2,64....
I calculated and almost forgot the overshoot. But i got very nice entries and multiple, and profit is already according to the Purk standard.
Basicly, e/try is a long.... but turned into a corrective thingy. Under 2,64 it will turn into a real shorty.

But than again, i am not intelligent, i just trade.

E/TRY and e/gbp
hillegom purk 18:35 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Knez zert. In my booklet it is e/try first, than e/u. e/gbp is an extra. I am not intelligent so i can not explain better. I just trade according those rules.

Ozmond long 70+
hillegom purk 18:31 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
I add a small long in multiple portions to the collection. I was patient with the entries so they get better and better.
Also a trade for years, and lotsa pips to be made.

KIWI LONG 63-58
hillegom purk 18:28 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Right. I am going to long this fruit from the above mentioned prices. Of course it will have overshoot, and this will be a trade for years....

On my platform there is a spike down till 60,50 so i trust it will go there as well.

BREAKING NEWS
london red 18:04 GMT 09/01/2015
stox looks like they got bored and will run the bitch down into the close. euro can pop to 200hma but fade 11364-67 fibs as will need to back fill todays range tomorrow and 200hma almost certain to trade tomorrow, 200dma also quite likely to trade even if 11364-67 hit today.

Risk-Off Trade Late In U.S. Session After Far East Equity Sell-Off
GVI Forex Blog 18:03 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile

2  SEPTEMBER 2015, 00:00 GMT >> FOREX NEWS  >> PMIs mixed >> GB-Mfg big miss (see forum for data >> AU-RBA policy steady as expected >>US-PMIs mixed  FOREX >> USD mixed,  EUR CROSSES: higher, COMMODITY CURRENCIES weaker >> EQUITIES: FAR EAST- lower, EUROPE- lower, U

Risk-Off Trade Late In U.S. Session After Far East Equity Sell-Off

BREAKING NEWS
london red 18:01 GMT 09/01/2015
11876 outside chance i suppose. but multiple yards of euro gets dumped at that price.

BREAKING NEWS
nw kw 17:54 GMT 09/01/2015
1.18 big fib maker tagged one more test 118 than can drop to 1.10 but 1.05 rare fib move will hold, using past fib commodity trading seen this move repeat in charts

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 17:48 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
euro at 200dma
trade it at own risk profile

BREAKING NEWS
Israel Dil 17:48 GMT 09/01/2015
nw kw

so what's your trade?!
long horse short water or vice versa?

BREAKING NEWS
nw kw 17:46 GMT 09/01/2015
horse reported laving qe pub/ 8 months lag for qe it kicks in xmas , eur reported but this from qe pub

BREAKING NEWS
Israel Dil 17:31 GMT 09/01/2015
Sell EURUSD
Entry: Target: below parity Stop: 1.1444

mtl JP

you can bring the horse to the water but you cannot make the horse to drink the water

BREAKING NEWS
Israel Dil 17:29 GMT 09/01/2015
Sell EURUSD
Entry: Target: below parity Stop: 1.1444

mtl JP

you can the horse to the water but you cannot make the horse to drink the water

BREAKING NEWS: U.S. Manufacturing PMIs Mixed. ISM Weak
Livingston nh 17:27 GMT 09/01/2015
JP - for all government employees the key phrase at the end of each day is not "job well done" but rather "close enough for government work" -/// re models: this from FAUST @ Jackson Hole "We label this problematic variation in macro variables disparate confounding dynamics (DCD), where confounding refers to complicating any conventional interpretation of normal cyclical dynamics and the assessment of appropriate monetary policy." A new improved model !!!

Economics is NOT physics despite the use of math --

BREAKING NEWS
london red 17:26 GMT 09/01/2015
all depends on stox. looks like they are waiting for each other to start buying that 50%.

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 17:20 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
euro still under its 200dma at 1.1301
still sell on rally bias

E/TRY and e/gbp
Belgrade Knez 17:18 GMT 09/01/2015

hillegom purk

excuse my ignorance, but eur/try and eur/usd going same direction at the same time .... how in that case can eur/try be your indicator for eur/usd movement please?

Next Page

MUST READ ARTICLES

Forex Trading Outlook for the Week of August 31, 2015

U.S. Jobs Data Critical To September Rate Hike Decision

Markets Stabilize Following Equity Correction

Ms Yellen, It is Time to Muzzle Your Troops

Are Global Markets Broken?

The Right Advice Can Make a Real Difference

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105