User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
21/12/14 15:00 B EZ Cons Conf prelim con: n/a pre: -12
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
Rigged Markets and Current Trends
Paris ib 10:34 GMT 12/20/2014  - My Profile
"If every time the stock market tries to correct... the plunge protection team... stops the correction...unrealistic values are perpetuated."

Indeed, but while this is happening you go with the price action and keep a wary eye on the exit.

Dr. Roberts

Trading Technology
dc CB 23:15 GMT 12/19/2014
Mtl JP 19:03 GMT December 19, 2014 -
Tech Qtn

didn't you read Michael Lewis' book Flash Boys.

for a source go to Eric Scott Hunsader (Nanex) Tweets.

It takes 70 millis for signals to go from your eyes to your brain

EURUSD 12242 confirmed
Amman wfakhoury 21:19 GMT 12/19/2014
Amman wfakhoury 14:06 GMT December 18, 2014
EURUSD 12242 confirmed: Reply
EURUSD 12242 confirmed will be reached , return 12279 any rise above it will return to it.

The only one in the world who confirms the next level

12242 reached

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 21:15 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
dc CB 20:07 one of these days ... there will be a

New York Fade

CHART POINTS- Free Forex Database
GVI Forex john 20:54 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

Commitment of Traders Report
GVI Forex john 20:47 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile

Commitment of Trader Report Charts Trader Positions: EUR, JPY, CHF, GBP

Net EUR JPY COT Positions

Click on chart for COT Details

Click on chart for COT Details

The China Russia Alliance
Paris ib 20:43 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
"The Italian prime minister opposed the idea of more sanctions against Russia."

Those three member of Congress who voted more sanctions must be feeling slightly outnumbered right now.

3 members voted more sanctions

Renzi

Paris ib 20:35 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
Winding down sanctions against Russia....

Hollande

Paris ib 20:15 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
Renzi refused the possibility for further sanctions on Russia this week. Now Hollande is 'breaking ranks'. The move away from sanctions is unmistakeable even without Kerry going all conciliatory. Now we have a rally in Oil, EUR/RUB was up 4.3% today. The Rouble is a screaming buy.

Meanwhile back at the farm everyone on the stock market is a happy chappy and we will close the year at record highs.

Hollande talks easing sanctions

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 20:07 GMT 12/19/2014
LOUD very Loud

emini

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 20:01 GMT 12/19/2014
now that the Jan WTI contract is off the boards...Hey It's Time to KILL all those who rolled Short into Feb.

OUCH....no wonder the O was so cheerful at his presser. He'd ordered a Drone Attack on the oil shorts.

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 19:55 GMT 12/19/2014
so following yesterday's SuperRise. Set those sell orders on SPY at 210 and a Buy it back After Hours.

Cheers

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 19:36 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
Nothing market moving out of Obama press conference. His adoring press seems to be loving this.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 19:18 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):  
    MONDAY
    15:00 US Existing Homes top housing statistic
    TUESDAY
    JP Holiday
    9:30 GB GDP broadest economic statistic
    13:30 US GDP 3Q14p broadest economic statistic
    13:30 US PCE defl y Fed inflation target
    13:30 US Per Inc consumer earnings
    13:30 US Dur Goods industrial orders
    14:55 US U Mich final sentiment survey
    15:00 US New Homes Sales key housing statistic
    16:30 UST TRY 5-yr auction
    18:00 UST TRY 2-yr auction
    WEDNESDAY
    13:30 US Initial Claims weekly jobs data
    15:30 US EIA Crude mn crude supplies
    18:00 UST TRY 7-yr auction
    THURSDAY
    AU Holiday
    CA Holiday
    CH Holiday
    EZ Holiday
    GB Holiday
    NZ Holiday
    US Holiday
    23:30 JP CPI key BOJ measure
    23:50 JP Retail Sales yy consumer demand
    FRIDAY
    AU Holiday
    CA Holiday
    CH Holiday
    EZ Holiday
    GB Holiday
    NZ Holiday
    4:30 JP Ind Out  production

calendarBe sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 19:11 GMT 12/19/2014
You can tell my the happy tenor of the presser, that the Issue of the US going down the Tube has been taken OFF THE Table, Thanks to Gammy Claus.

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 19:09 GMT 12/19/2014
I guess that if the SPY "fatfinger:)))" yesterday was to the Downside, and the "Folks who may be puting their Savings into STOX" got Spooked by the DANGERS of the Market, the Top Issue of the Press Conference would be NO NO NO the STOCK MArket is safe and The SEC, CTFC, FBI, Dept of Homeland Security, Justice, They are all looking into it ....Because the Issue of Market Security is the UpMost issue on Our Plate.

Some Folks Could Get Scared.

Trading Technology
Mtl JP 19:03 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
Tech Qtn
I have the feeling that my trading platform is actually divided into 2 channels
1 - the data feeding channel into my chart and dealing station
2 - the outflow channel fro my computer to the dealers server
--
I have been frustrated by watching prices change on my dealing station and taking what looks like 2+ seconds to have my order authenticated / accepted . It can be particularly frustrating when trying to scalp and even more so when trying to close a trade - when playing for +/- 10 pips.

tia for insights

GVI Forex Blog 18:53 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
HIGH IMPACT NEWS RELEASES: EZ- Consumer Confidence, Existing Homes Sales

GVI Forex Data Outlook for December 22, 2014

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 18:48 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
typical Obama making the press wait for him to appear. One of these days they might not be there?

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 18:46 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile

December 18, 2014 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Monday, December 22, 2014. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS RELEASES: EZ- Consumer Confidence, Existing Homes Sales
  • Far East: No Major Data
  • Europe: EZ- Consumer Confidence
  • North America: Existing Homes Sales

BREAKING NEWS
nw kw 18:32 GMT 12/19/2014
xaueur 4h down channel moving up eur/usa can gap big down

Week Ahead
GVI Forex Blog 18:27 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
•Data releases likely to keep markets interested throughout festive period

•Falling oil price expected to boost global growth in 2015

•US and UK policy rates set to rise in 2015, while ECB could embark on QE in Q1

ECONOMIC DATA ANALYSIS - GLOBAL UPSWING TO CONTINUE IN 2015

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 18:12 GMT 12/19/2014
Yes the Sony Hack is sooooooo important to the Hollywood Friends of the WH.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This massive-loss-making "fat-finger" - resulting in millions of losses - would normally be followed by "probes" from the exchange into "erroneous trades" and then rapidly accompanied by the exchanges busting all the losing trades.

So, the question is - why hasn't the other side of yesterday's berserk "fat-finger" buying spree in SPY spoken out in anger that its massive money losing trade will not be DKed?

So why would the massive losing counterparty on these far out of the money trades not come forward? Complain? Explain? And who can afford to swallow losses on that scale so easily.

As we suggested yesterday, probably because the Fed is willing to "eat" the losses rather than explain why it buys SPY, via Citadel, on DirectEdge.

Just One Question About Yesterday's Last Minute "Berserk ETF" Freak Out

Global-View Trading Systems
FW CS 17:56 GMT 12/19/2014
John
just remember one of you bosses pointing that 200 month MA. I usually never look at it either but it supported on downside. I dont tHink it will hold on this leg. Might close slighlty above it today (?) but I think euro will be well below it this monthh

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 17:52 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
Update on Sony Investigation
Washington, D.C.
December 19, 2014

FBI National Press Office
(202) 324-3691

... ..."As a result of our investigation, and in close collaboration with other U.S. government departments and agencies, the FBI now has enough information to conclude that the North Korean government is responsible for these actions... . ... the FBI will identify, pursue, and impose costs and consequences on individuals, groups, or nation states who use cyber means to threaten the United States or U.S. interests."

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 17:34 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
I am curious to hear n see the evidence of how the US came to determine who exactly is behind the Sony embarrassment.

So far North Korea, hacktivists and China have been variously fingered.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 17:11 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
Obama preesser Scheduled for 18:30 GMT (13:30 EDT) on the Sony hack. Its been widely reported that the government is blaming North Korea for the hack. Keep in mind that Sony is a Japanese corporation and Japan and North Korea have a long history. In this case, the States are treating the Sony subsidiary as a U.S. corporation.

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Risk-On
GVI Forex john 17:04 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile

19 December-- 17:10 GMT- Current Market Conditions
Markets remain in a  RISK ON posture early heading into Christmas week. Conventional wisdom is that fund managers  want  to window dress their portfolios for their end of year reports to show they are invested in the winners for the year, and this gives shares an upward bias this time of year.

• In forex, the USD is trading higher. The EUR is mostly weaker on its key crosses  
  • The Commodity Currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) are weaker vs. the USD. Gold and oil prices are up.
  • In the Far East, equities closed higher. The Japanese 10-yr JGB yield is 0.360%. +1 bp. The BOJ kept its easing bias.
  • Key European bourses are lower. The 10-yr bund yield is 0.592%, -2.1bp. The U.K. yield is 1.848%,  -2.0bp. European peripheral bond yields are higher.
  • The U.S 10-yr note yield is 2.177%, -2.9bp Equities are higher.
The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.

london red 16:58 GMT 12/19/2014
Yen. 56/65 key res. break abv there targets 120/12030 today and probably euro under 122 with it. Yen range quite small today considering and should see a move from here before session outs. So dollar yet to spread it wings really as yet at my pivot zone.

Mtl JP 16:55 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
actually it is NOT at top hour
rather at half past

Mtl JP 16:54 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
Smoke Signals
2015 voting hawk Lacker yaks at top of hour at some panel about economic outlook

Mtl JP 16:41 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
john 16:36 I much prefer the link to a pic of chart / matrix than full blown pic(s) right on the forum

GVI Forex john 16:36 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile

fwiw
EURUSD
S1 1.2248 (broken)
S2 1.2214 (intact LOD 1.2233)
S3 1.2161

GVI Forex john 16:30 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
I suppose the 200-month moving average must be the final key moving average left to breach?

GVI Forex john 16:28 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
CS- I usually don't use the 200-month moving average, but fwiw it comes in now at about 1.2232 for those wondering. So far the LOD has been 1.2233.

We use the 200-day moving average, which we show at 1.3230 which ia already way above current spot.

Mtl JP 16:22 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
seeing as that is all for "data" now, maybe a risk-generating headline could come in spook players a bit now that U.S. officials are treating a cyberattack on Sony Pictures as a "serious national security matter," with the National Security Council considering a proportionate response, the White House said Thursday.

But it should be preferably disproportionate rather than proportionate which would be showing respect rather than who is topdog

london red 16:12 GMT 12/19/2014
re 200 month ma. Twice led to multi month rally. But if it blows it blows big to 12050 v quickly. Besides you watch it because mkt players watch it.

FW CS 15:39 GMT 12/19/2014
John or was it Jay
I see your 200 month MA in euron still supporting. But the fact that market is basically right at it is a sign of euro weakness to me.

Euro/Usd
Sanibel Is. Fl sir Ignore 15:34 GMT 12/19/2014
seems trading struggles for members..

euro hitting points with precision.
despite a hay wagon of seed and blah..

GVI Forex john 15:34 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
agree.

Mtl JP 15:32 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
I continue to be amuzed that the type of folks playing for 10 billion still put their chip on a precisely round number

GVI Forex john 15:28 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
buying (selling) when you are expecting a run at upside (downside( stops.

Mtl JP 15:23 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
pray tell what " type of trade" is that ?

Mtl JP 15:22 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
eur Sup 1 1.2248

GVI Forex john 15:19 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
Yes. you have to take your profits quickly on this type of trade. I wonder if some banks who were trying to run the stops got stuffed long,

Also it indicates that the EURUSD remains vulnerable to the downside.

Mtl JP 15:19 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
interesting junction here now:
usdyen uP against 119.50
eurdlr down to just above 1.2250

Mtl JP 15:15 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
john there is lesson somewhere in there I believe

GVI Forex john 15:13 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
Looks like a lot of traders were waiting for the spike to sell against.

GVI Forex john 15:09 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
JP- Great call. Better that the long!!

Mtl JP 15:00 GMT 12/19/2014  - My Profile
euro trgt 1.2250

Next Page

Must Read Articles

Beware of Trading Illiquid Currencies

Australia Regulatory Agency Action Against IB Brokers

ALERT: What to Expect in Yearend Trading

Video: Forex Trading Outlook for the Week of Dec 15, 2014

Year End Price Volatility - December 14, 2014

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105