User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
28/01/15 15:30 A US EIA Crude mn con: 4 pre: 10.1
28/01/15 15:30 B US EIA Gasoline mn con: 0.5 pre: 0.6
28/01/15 15:30 B US EIA Distillate mn con: 0.5 pre: -3.3
28/01/15 15:30 B US EIA Cap Util con: n/a pre: 85.50%
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
FXCM
mia gw 14:07 GMT 01/28/2015
re: FXCM forgiving -debt... no stop. you're fooq'd

FXCM
GVI Forex 14:05 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
From what I read, FXCM will forgive 90% of its negative balances and go after the 10% from institutional and higher new worth individuals. The latter makes up about 60% of negative balances.

FXCM
GVI Forex 13:59 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
TTN reporting FXCM said it is going to forgive most of the negative balances of its customers. Not sure what is meant by "most."

USD/CAD
Cape Town LV 13:54 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
I am in , lets see what happens

USD/CAD
Cape Town LV 13:50 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
thanks

USD/CAD
HK RF@ 13:50 GMT 01/28/2015

Sometimes it seems immediate Interference with trade suggestion on this site or just a coincidence:)

Any smallest volume probably attracts attention.

USD/CAD
HK RF@ 13:46 GMT 01/28/2015

Expect a Ret. to 1.22-1.23 range

EURUSD
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 13:44 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
As posted on GVI Forex

Wednesday's Trading Outlook
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 13:05 GMT 01/28/2015 - My Profile
If the EURUSD trades lower (would be typical after a correction that paused below a key level -- 1.1460), it would be easy to explain given Greece post election jitters.

If it goes higher it would have to be USD weakness (FOMC)

USD/CAD
Cape Town LV 13:35 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
Sell now?

OR TRY THIS: Buy CAD/CHF
HK RF@ 13:25 GMT 01/28/2015
Buy
Entry: Target: Stop:

/

USD/CAD
HK RF@ 13:16 GMT 01/28/2015

Classical sell:)

Fed rate hike to be delayed until Sept: Sanchez
GVI Forex john 13:15 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
My view on the FED..

!00% odds for no rate changes. My major focus right now is the Fed policy statement today. Odds are the central bank will stick with "patience", but I will be looking for any softening of its view on the U.S. economy. With the USD tied to the performance of stocks (Risk On), further gains are tied to an improving outlook for the economy.

dc CB 12:52 GMT 01/28/2015
So will Yellen save the day again?

if she continues ignoring the global deflationary pressures and not relent to delaying the rate hike, then the USD will surge even more ......Or will she admit that the myth of a US recovery was just that, for the 5th year in a row, and hint that all else equal, the Fed may not only keep ZIRP for longer, but even go NIRP or return to a QE regime?

We don't expect answers to all these questions, but today is certainly shaping up to be a dramatic session, one which will be that much more dramatic courtesy of the now pervasive lack of market liquidity.

p: All Eyes On Yellen Who Better Not Disappoint

EURUSD
London Chris 12:34 GMT 01/28/2015
What about a eurusd range?

1.05-1.20, 1.00-1.20, 1.08-1.2023?

USD/JPY
hk nt 12:16 GMT 01/28/2015
USD/JPY may see 115-125 range this year.

Global-View Trading Systems
GVI Forex john 11:46 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
What jumps out at me today is the EURUSD range which is MOSTLY above the 1.1338 pivot.Where we are trading relative to the pivot could set the tone.

Global-View Trading Systems
GVI Forex john 11:42 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile

USD Pivot Points, Support and Resistance Levels. Chart Point tables. Chart icon stores in browser tab.

Using Pivot Points in Forex Trading:
A Simple but Effective Trading System

Is Negative Balance Protection Fool's Gold?
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 11:28 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile

Several forex brokers are now publicizing negative balance protection for their clients. This is good marketing after several brokers reported negative balances seen after the SNB fiasco but is it really significant? As we all know, forex brokers are not charities but for profit businesses and are not in the habit of giving away money to their clients. So, is negative balance protection a reason to open an account or is there a hidden factor that makes this look more than it is?

Global Markets News
GVI Forex Blog 11:08 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
The USD retraced some of its losses from Tuesday as the focus returned to the Greek situation. Greece PM Tsipras reiterated his view to negotiate debt relief. Greek yields continued to rise sharply amid the uncertainty about the future of Greece in the Euro Zone.

TradeTheNews.com EU Mid-Market Update: Greece new govt reiterates view to negotiate debt relief

USD/JPY
london red 11:03 GMT 01/28/2015
117.20/118.90 has been the range for a while, maybe a slight descending triangle with flat base. dollar will take its cue from fed but not necessarily follow stocks today after fed eg. if fed dovish stocks go up but dollar falls.

USD/JPY
kl shawn 10:57 GMT 01/28/2015
i think usdjpy still got that 115 level lurking

USD/JPY
HK RF@ 10:54 GMT 01/28/2015

The same traders, pushing for stronger yen that had already a setback Y.day, continue their promo and action today.

Just remember, that a longer JPY-bearish waves can always come in and get the USD/JPY short easily.

Too much risk for few pips profit.

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Mixed Risk
GVI Forex john 10:34 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile

28 January-- 10:40 GMT- Current Market Conditions
. Greek bond yields are up sharply today on worries about the new government  inflexibility. The 10-yr is 10.18% +51bp. Otherwise Markets are in a MIXED RISK posture after disappointing earnings and/or guidance data  Tuesday from several major firms. In forex,  the USD is broadly weaker. The EUR is mostly lower on its crosses. In Europe, 10-yr bond yields are mixed to higher. U.S., equities and bond yields are down.

In Far East trade, equities closed mostly up  and JGB yields are higher.

The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 09:55 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
EARLIER: 4Q14 CPI easier.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 09:49 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
4Q14 Australia CPI

EARLIER

QQ: +0.20% vs. +0.40% exp. vs. +0.50% prev.
YY: +1.70% vs. +2.30% exp. vs. +2.30% prev.

TTN: Live News Special Offer

Greece Jitters
GVI Forex 09:24 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
* Athens' atg equity index touches record lows

* Greek 3-year government bond yield rises 183 bps to 16.03 pct, highest in three weeks - Tradeweb

FXWire Pro

Greece Jitters
GVI Forex 09:17 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
Bond yields up, stocks down

New signal - Try our free trial
London 08:43 GMT 01/28/2015
Sell EURJPY
Entry: 133.800 Target: 133.100 Stop: 133.900

Try our free signals service.

Posted with permission of global-view.com

forex signals

Euro
london red 08:42 GMT 01/28/2015
overnight options are looking at something in the region of 80 pips. but of course they include the fed. for me fed not open and shut as part of mkt seems to look for some caution, while other side expects no change in normalisation.
big question is is yellen willing to look thru this latest headwind. if so, then the statement will be taken as hawkish by fx mkt. if theres any reference to external factors and a hint of hesitation, then dollar takes a hit. might boil down to whether considerable time stays in or not as to calling it either hawkish or dovish.

Euro
gc sf 08:28 GMT 01/28/2015
the question is do we see EUR + GBP test

1.1285 + 1.5120 before moving to 1.1460 + 1.5300

or do they just go sideways.

USD/CHF
HK RF@ 08:21 GMT 01/28/2015

FXStreet (Barcelona) - The Research Team at Nomura feels that CHF is extremely overvalued at the moment and with deflation worsening in Switzerland the SNB might be compelled to accommodate monetary policy further.

READ MORE

Syd 08:11 GMT 01/28/2015
Gina Sanchez, Chairwoman & Founder of Chantico Global, expects any action from the central bank to be delayed since markets are experiencing an illusion of strong demand...

Fed

Euro
london red 08:09 GMT 01/28/2015
since the break higher, euro has been supported by 89 hour ema, there has been no close below this so far despite a few attempts below. currently 11337. if below there then support at 11314 prev low and 100 hour ma 11309. any further than that and selling could cascade but you wonder how much conviction any move will have with the fed approaching.

SELL GBP/USD
kl shawn 08:03 GMT 01/28/2015
good calls so far
go usd! looking to take some off the table here and leave the rest run

SELL GBP/USD
london red 07:52 GMT 01/28/2015
its that and the 200 hour that engulf it for me. direction either side of there. but probably not before fed.

Euro
Syd 07:40 GMT 01/28/2015
Gartman's dollar & gold trade How to play the dollar using ETFs, with Dennis Gartman of The Gartman Letter.

euro/dlr

SELL GBP/USD
kl shawn 07:37 GMT 01/28/2015
ok, sold also cable 1.5177, looks like bounce is over, going down again soon hopefully

SELL GBP/USD
jkt abel 07:20 GMT 01/28/2015
red, has been very safe using the upper line to cap the upmove so far

SELL GBP/USD
london red 07:11 GMT 01/28/2015
cable. upper channel line today falls to 15195

SELL GBP/USD
jkt abel 06:39 GMT 01/28/2015
sold gbpusd 1.5185, adding later if better level seen, stop above yesterday's high

SELL GBP/USD
bali sja 06:37 GMT 01/28/2015
sold 1.5183, adding if 1.52 handle seen before setting stop (1.5285 tentative), target open

GVI Forex Blog 06:31 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
- (AU) AUSTRALIA Q4 CONSUMER PRICES (CPI) Q/Q: 0.2% (2-year low) V 0.3%E; Y/Y: 1.7% (2 1/2-year low) V 1.8%E; TRIMMED MEAN Q/Q: 0.7% V 0.5%E ; Y/Y: 2.2% (2 1/2 year low) V 2.2%E - (AU) AUSTRALIA NOV S

TradeTheNews.com Asian Mid-session Update: Australia trimmed CPI in range, diminishing outlook for rate cut; MAS lowers inflation target in intermeeting move - Source TradeTheNews.com

Another economic bear
Paris ib 06:24 GMT 01/28/2015  - My Profile
"After the 1987 crash, a friend of mine, then a young Director of Sotheby’s, was sent to consult an old Partner who had been at Sotheby’s during the 1930s and was still alive, albeit in a nursing home. My friend asked the question “What was it like in the 30s?” and the man replied “It was like being bitten by a tarantula.” My friend didn’t really understand that, but later on in the conversation the old Partner said“A spasm of activity followed by a death.”"

The era we are entering: beggar thy neighbour currency devaluations.

An interesting read

USD/CHF Probably targeting 0.95xx
HK RF@ 05:55 GMT 01/28/2015

bali sja 04:39

Sorry I don't follow this pair.

"bankruptcy cannot be dealt with by borrowing more,"
dc CB 05:54 GMT 01/28/2015
Mr. Tsipras, 40, assembled a new, streamlined cabinet dominated by members of his radical-left Syriza party, among them academics, labor activists and human rights advocates.

His most closely watched selection was his new finance minister, Yanis Varoufakis, an economist and avid blogger who has described Europe’s austerity policies as “fiscal waterboarding.”

Greece’s New Left-Wing Cabinet Signals Willingness to Confront E.U. Over Policies

China Job Growth Accelerates in 4Q - Survey WSJ
Syd 05:40 GMT 01/28/2015
BEIJING--China's job market remained robust in the fourth quarter of last year despite slower economic growth, with the number of job postings rising faster than the previous quarter, according to a survey from Zhaopin.com, one of China's largest online recruitment companies.

The number of online job postings climbed 37% in the final quarter of 2014 from a year earlier, up from an on-year increase of 23% in the third quarter, the recruiter said in a statement released on Wednesday.

The survey results show that "the downward pressure on economic growth has not notably dragged on the entire employment market yet," Zhaopin said.

They also show that the government doesn't need to roll out aggressive easing measures to stimulate economic growth in the near future, the statement said.

The financial sector had the biggest appetite for talented workers, with the number of vacancies rising 48% on year in the fourth quarter. The number of job postings from trust companies, guarantee firms, auction firms and pawn shops surged 327%, while those from the banking sector rose 216%.

The financial sector will likely remain the most avid employer this year as the internet finance industry competes for job seekers who have skill sets in finance and telecommunications.

A prolonged property market downturn has directly hit the sector's job creation, with postings rising a mere 6% in the fourth quarter, the weakest among all sectors, the survey showed.

Job growth in regions surrounding Beijing and Shanghai are still vibrant. For the full year of 2014, smaller cities such as Hangzhou, Tianjin, Chengdu, Chongqing and Suzhou saw rapid job creation.

Private firms are more active than state-owned enterprises and foreign companies in hiring. The job postings from private companies rose 40% in the fourth quarter, much higher than that of both state and foreign companies.

Middle-sized employers, with between 1,000 and 10,000 employees, saw the number of jobs growing 33% in the last quarter, while those with more than 10,000 employees reported a job growth of 3% in the fourth quarter, following a contraction in jobs over the first three quarters.

China's economy expanded 7.3% in the fourth quarter of year, bringing the full-year economic growth rate to 7.4%, the slowest in decades for the world's second-largest economy.

WSJ

AU) CommSec chief economist: Australia inflation remains healthy without being excessive - Source Tr
Syd 05:18 GMT 01/28/2015
(AU) CommSec chief economist: Australia inflation remains healthy without being excessive "Economic environment in Australia is far different from some other parts of the globe. The euro zone continues to worry about the deflationary threat from sluggish growth and sliding oil prices, while inflation remains below the Feds target rate in the US. But here in Australia inflation is holding at the low end of the Reserve Banks target 2-3%.... It is pretty clear that inflation is not a threat to the domestic economy, meaning that the Reserve Bank can comfortably keep interest rates at exceptionally low levels over the medium term. Domestic inflationary pressures remain well contained and given the slow growth in wages it is unlikely to result in a change to the domestic inflation landscape.... Interestingly despite the sharp slide in the Aussie dollar over the September and December quarters, it did not have a significant impact on lifting imported inflation at least, not yet. The tradeable component of the CPI result fell by 0.6% in the December quarter. The substantial slide in the oil price continues to offset the depreciation in the currency. In fact the fall in the petrol price was one of the main contributors to the subdued inflation result.... Whichever way you cut it, inflation is not a threat to the economy and the Reserve Bank will not be feeling any additional pressure to move rates in any direction any time soon." - Source TradeTheNews.com

Next Page

Must Read Articles

Why Retail Forex Trading Will Survive and Thrive

Forex Trading Outlook for the Week of January 26, 2015

Mario Rocks The Markets - January 25, 2015

NFA Increases Minimum Security Deposit for Forex Transactions

What Every Trader Needs to Know. Saxo Bank Explanation of CHF Fills

Are You Responsible for Negative Account Balances with Your Forex Broker?

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105