User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
04/05/16 7:55 A DE final SVC PMI con: 54.6 pre: 54.6
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
USD is going to rebound
HK Kwun 07:57 GMT 05/04/2016
Sell Gold
Entry: 1284 Target: Stop: 1294

sell now

Sell Now
HK Kwun 02:53 GMT 05/04/2016
Sell Gold
Entry: 1294 Target: Stop: 1304

TP at 1281, morning good breakfast

A$/USD
HK RF@ 02:50 GMT 05/04/2016

Critical level at 0.7450.

May not be too hard to breach, as a big number longs caught in the last price slide.

AceTrader May 4: Daily Recommendations on Major -EUR/USD
Hong Kong HK 02:38 GMT 05/04/2016
Update Time: 4 May 2016 02:08 GMT

EUR/USD - 1.1480
Despite yesterday's resumption of recent upmove and intra-day rally to an 8-month peak of 1.1617 in Europe, subsequent selloff in new York session due to broad-based short-covering in the greenback confirms temporary top has been made and consolidation with initial downside bias is seen, below 1.1447/48 support needed to bring stronger correction to 1.1410/14.

On the upside, above 1.1539/42 suggests 1st leg of correction is over and may bring stronger gain to 1.1580/85 but 1.1617 should remain intact ahead of release Fri's key U.S. jobs data.

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 02:02 GMT 05/04/2016
LIVE BLOG: Updates on the Fort McMurray wildfires

CB News

Live Blog

Every nation gets the government it deserves. Joseph de Maistre
HK RF@ 01:16 GMT 05/04/2016

Filipinos have scoffed and slurped to show their backing for Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte ahead of next week's presidential elections.

The maverick mayor of the southern city is leading the "Gulp Poll" conducted by convenience store chain 7-Eleven, which has asked customers at their 1,650 outlets across the country to pick soda cups with images of their favorite presidential candidate.

The popularity of Duterte's blue cup has mirrored two opinion polls last week that put the 71-year-old between seven and 12 percentage points in front of his nearest rival, Grace Poe, ahead of the May 9 national vote.

"I picked Duterte because I want a change in society, and I see how well-received he is when he campaigns in other areas," said government employee Michael John Aguillon

...........................................................................................

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant. Maximilien Robespierre
............................................................................................
Philippines may have some big problems after this coming elections.

THIS MAN WANTS TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 00:55 GMT 05/04/2016
Residents of neighborhoods in the Canadian boomtown of Fort McMurray - considered the gateway to Alberta's oil sands as the Athabasca oil sands are roughly centered around the town - are under mandatory evacuation as a massive wildfire has jumped across Highway 63 and entered the city limits. Homes have begun to burn in Fort McMurray as residents flee for safety from a blaze that’s doubled in size within a day. More than 30,000 people have now been ordered to evacuate Fort McMurray communities.

Massive Fire Burns At Gateway Town To Alberta's Oilsands; 30,000 Evacuated

Ted Cruz pulls out of Republican race
HK RF@ 00:49 GMT 05/04/2016

Ted Cruz pulls out of Republican race

5 minutes ago

Ted Cruz announces he is ending campaign for US Republican presidential nomination, after losing heavily to Donald Trump in Indiana primary

LIIINK

BREAKING NEWS
NW KW 00:41 GMT 05/04/2016
NORTH WEST FIRE SPREADIND AROUND OIL TARE SANDS AND FORTS ON FIRE.

Buying Euro now?
HK RF@ 00:16 GMT 05/04/2016

Looking at last daily candle and start crossing daily Stoch. hmmm?

Maybe find s.t. else to do.

e/j
hk ab 23:49 GMT 05/03/2016
I never thought my most dangerous trade (long from 122.1x region) was closed so accidentally at the 123.10 pilot........

Time to wait for more dip before long again.....

Price is telling everything, isn't it? I am not surprised some concerted effort to wipe small fishes free-ride shorts after seeing what happened yesterday on yen.

If I see small fishes at bucket shop to attempt "longs" again around 106 region, I think dlr/jpy 100 is a promise by May end..........and even deeper.

usd/jpy at thinnest time of day
dc CB 23:45 GMT 05/03/2016
Cuts both ways

Emini Hourly

Wednesday Trading
Mtl JP 22:59 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
Jay 22:26 I Note that the yen move was not at 17:00-17:05 NYT.
can u i.d precisely "cross-over time" and explain the old tactic
?
I had a revealing experience with RNBZ rate release the other day which coincided with NY close and therefore the roll-over. For 5 minutes dealer was shut down even as I watched price prancing.

usd/jpy at thinnest time of day
Prague JIT 22:59 GMT 05/03/2016
I think it was normal trading. No intervention. Checked on one sec. candle chart (second) it took 6 sec. from 106.85 then was the top and then right back to the sl, sr level 106.85 where I did expect to close all my longs from the morning. Some of them were done even above 107. Remember trading Friday evenning after 8 pm gmt and that there is a holiday there. Probably sellers were taken in the loss.... Good levels to watch: 107.45/50, 107.85. Prefered strategy for this night is to buy 106.20/105.80 if seen with risk below 105.50. Main driver I say - usdx was deeply oversold and fed..... bla twicehike... In it I do not trust but long usd position will? be better payed.... gl*

eurusd
Tallinn viies 22:55 GMT 05/03/2016
buying back euros at 1,1500 I sold earlier today. long again and target 1,1600. stop at 1,1450

Wednesday Trading
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 22:26 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
Running stops during the crossover time used to be the norm and this was like one of those days.

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 22:26 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
106.78 back to 0 sum

Wednesday Trading
Miami JN 21:58 GMT 05/03/2016
wtf in usdjpy?? news, boj or algos running stops or front running an order at thinnest time of day?

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 21:57 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
dc CB it is tuff direct trading the cretins coz for their intervention to have better than half-life of a fruit fly they have to co-ordinate and blow a massive amount to blow blow say 500 or more pips AND sustain it.
U can bet that unless u r In The Circle or unless u carry a layered tickets u ll be the last one to know / benefit.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 21:56 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
Japan acts in what it perceives to be its self interest. The U.S. will do nothing.

BREAKING NEWS
dc CB 21:48 GMT 05/03/2016
Mayday mayday ....dangerr danger Will Rogers

Nothing to see here, move along...

Standard 75 pip vertical ramp after NY hours...and before Japan opens...

Did The Bank Of Japan Just Step In To USDJPY?

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 21:46 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
wozers... 107.50
what r u gonna do about it Jacob ?

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 21:39 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
ya hear Japan ?

Lew cautions Japan against currency intervention

Wednesday Trading
GVI Forex john bland 21:36 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
See how the GVI Trading Room bias system works!

It is not unusual to take a couple of days for spot and Fed Funds Futures probabilities to converge. Its all about the sentiment bias.

Sell EURUSD
nw kw 21:32 GMT 05/03/2016
TRUMP cant be only man to beet PMS. never in new pms puss ing polices?

Sell EURUSD
KL KL 20:56 GMT 05/03/2016
la la la Top of the TOP morning...chased this to 1.16151.... avg 1.15891......after the agony of holding till now...its the ecstasy of covering this Beast of yesterday.... covered 85% here 1.15035...rest in Nice profit stopping and one to feed crumbs to Euro Bulls at 1.1545....good luck getting it before NFP... 1.1589 I whack again ...no probs

I like it when noise says it will move to 1.17 1.18 1.19....just move up because the economy is so good in europe and so bad in USA??? or the world needs ZIRP.....etc...etc... also covered gold short with limit @ 1283.65...nice chased to 1303...avg 1289.65

ALL Eurusd and gold heavy load a...now nimble and light like wind ready for 2nd cherry bite and pop to short before NFP...... I am excited....LOL DYOR DFm DLTM imvho and Go TRUMP!! TRUMP for President!!

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 20:55 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
US Weekly API Crude

ALERT
Reportedly +1.300 mn vs. +1.400 mn exp

TTN: Live News Special Offer

Wednesday Trading
GVI Forex john bland 20:41 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile

WEEKLY HIGH IMPACT NEWS:

4-May WEDNESDAY
JP- Holiday
All Day- Final SVC PMIs
12:15 US- ADP Jobs
14:30 US- EIA Crude
5-May THURSDAY
JP/CH- Holiday
8:28 GB- SVC PMI
6-May FRIDAY
12:30 CA/US- Employment
12:30 CA- Retail Sales

Trading Themes --
  • Markets were blindsided early in U.S. trade Tuesday (turnaround Tuesday?) by a relentless move higher in the USD following a weak performance earlier in the day. It was an odd performance in that there was no clear impetus for the trade. All I can say is that it appears that some players, perhaps for reasons other than economic, continue to push the currency in one direction. This could be for political or safety reasons. It could also be an effort to run stops by algos. I don't know, but note the currency recently has not been reacting the way it "should" to economic data.

• The Reserve Bank of Australia surprised some with a 25bp cut in the Cash Rate target to 1.75% from 2.00%. Many had felt the odds for a cut had been 50-50. The decision initially saw a major drop in the AUDUSD. The decision came on the heels of soft inflation figures for 1Q16. The RBA warned about the risks in the future of a rising currency.

• Early Tuesday saw the April Chinese Caixin PMI, which remained in contraction at 49.4 vs. 49.7 in March. The rest of the week will see holidays in Japan due to "Golden Week" observances, plus a few holiday closures elsewhere. Then Friday will feature the latest key employment data (April) from the U.S. and Canada

• John M.Bland MBA, CTA,
    co-founder global-View.com

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Risk-Off at N.Y. Close
dc CB 20:17 GMT 05/03/2016

JP
"we got your back. until we don't."

SToX
Mtl JP 20:03 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile

dc CB as my 2044 still holds: LoD 2047.75 at my dealer
-
I am expecting 2044 to be a cash cow
until one fine day it will get slaughtered

Theme: Cretin to Cretin Forward Guidance
Mtl JP 19:55 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
from Xi Jingping to Janet "influenced by developments in China, uncertainty about how smoothly this transition will proceed and about the policy framework in place to manage any financial disruptions that might accompany it" Yellen.

China Presses Economists to Brighten Their Outlooks Analysts and business reporters with gloomy views are urged to hew to government’s more-upbeat line - wsj

Trade Off The Cretins Corner
nw kw 19:54 GMT 05/03/2016
jpy report exporters funding flexible so interest rates are smoke screen for nuts and bolts of internal funding so id not take them to as set in stone as market internal deals are different than they like us to believe?

SToX
dc CB 19:52 GMT 05/03/2016

You boyz have your orders...JAMMMMM that sucker.
No matter how much SToX fall....JAMMMMMMit

yrs
Manny I Pulation

Wednesday Trading
GVI Forex john bland 19:40 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile

WEEKLY HIGH IMPACT NEWS:

4-May WEDNESDAY
JP- Holiday
All Day- Final SVC PMIs
5-May THURSDAY
JP/CH- Holiday
6-May FRIDAY

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex Blog 19:39 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile

Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database

Mtl JP 19:32 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile

now that Poloz seems to have come to the learned conclusion that nega-rates do not work (I assume he means in a desired way, not that they do not work at all) here is a chart from BoA - "Bonds with yields below zero—a situation in which bondholders effectively pay borrowers to take their money—now account for 23% of the global fixed-income market, up from 13% at the beginning of the year" - that makes me think what would happen if the theme of negarates are good should reverse.

nw kw 19:31 GMT 05/03/2016
usacad at 1.35 is oil range id play for has old school trade with out cad' big exporter over seas struggling.

nw kw 19:12 GMT 05/03/2016
eurusa range end up tag 120, 115 support in summer.

nw kw 19:10 GMT 05/03/2016
eurusa was at 105 and jpy hade to forced to change, so if is 120.00 eurusa i'l understand?

nw kw 18:49 GMT 05/03/2016
gold pack has cad separated and staying on mission in market of rebalancing; for nfp kayos?

OIL
dc CB 18:49 GMT 05/03/2016
it's really not about the spot price...the eyes that count are on the far out month. these guys (actually companies) need to re-establish the hedges that have expired...they'd really liike to put on some between $50 and $60.

AS SEEN:

ENCANA SAYS HAS HEDGED APPROXIMATELY 75 PCT OF EXPECTED MAY TO DECEMBER OIL AND CONDENSATE PRODUCTION, A STRONGER HEDGE POSITION THAN USUAL

nw kw 18:43 GMT 05/03/2016
wind -was bank jpy at 105 but not defending, plan forecasted slow decent. some se implications of 105. usa/jpy for market in all terms?

SToX
dc CB 18:42 GMT 05/03/2016

dc CB 19:56 GMT May 2, 2016
Apple CEO Tim Cook to Appear on ’Mad Money’ Tonight: CNBC

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's really a sign of a Top, when the CEO if the Worlds Most Valuable Company becomes a pissant shill and goes on this Bozo's CN(BS)C's "retail traders) program to hawk his stock ...giving all those loaded-up hedgefunds ( like the SNB) a slim chance to sell it to the only people on the planet studpid enough to buy it from them.

GVI Data Calendar for 4 May 2016
GVI Forex Blog 17:39 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile

May 3, 2016 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Thursday, May 4, 2016.

• Far East: JA- Holiday, AU- Retail Sales
  • Europe: EZ- Service PMI, Retail Sales, GB- Construction PMI
  • North America: US- Mortgages, ADP Jobs, Productivity, Service PMIs, Factory Orders, EIA Crude, US/CA- Trade

WEEKLY HIGH IMPACT NEWS:

4-May WEDNESDAY
JP- Holiday
All Day- Final SVC PMIs
5-May THURSDAY
JP/CH- Holiday
6-May FRIDAY

GVI Data Calendar for 4 May 2016

Mtl JP 17:36 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
even as he seems to claim to have learned the lesson about nega-rates that they do not work.

cretin... didnt have to wait 6+ months had he asked me

Mtl JP 17:26 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
As much as I anticipated a potential A grade A effect so far players unimpressed with anything coming out of Poloz

Tuesday Trading
GVI Forex john bland 16:33 GMT 05/03/2016  - My Profile
Odds for a December rate hike continue to fall. Last 77% from 93% on Monday close.

Next Page

WEEKLY HIGH IMPACT NEWS:

4-May WEDNESDAY
JP- Holiday
All Day- Final SVC PMIs
5-May THURSDAY
JP/CH- Holiday
6-May FRIDAY

Trading Themes --

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105