User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
FOREX FORUM
23/10/14 1:35 B JP flash PMI con: 52 pre: 51.7
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive

BREAKING NEWS
sd sf 23:08 GMT 10/22/2014
I'm surprised we couldn't put more effort into moving the markets around - given the o/n moves and then this NZD number.

may as well head out and come back in 3 hours for the CNY HSBC number.

Looking past that .. French/Spanish/German Data - none of those seem like they will be good.

Ask Your Advocate: Are Forex Brokers to Blame for Traders Losing Money?
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 22:43 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Red, always, thanks for your insights.

To be clear, we are not soliciting for a broker but in our role as a trader advocate, we try to pass on to our members anything we come across that we think can improve their trading.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 21:54 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile

October 22, 2014 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Thursday, October 23. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS: JP- flash PMI, CN- HSBC PMI, EZ- flash PMIs, Consumer Confidence, GB- Retail Sales, US- Weekly Jobless, flash PMI. Lead Indicators
  • Far East: JP- flash PMI, CN- HSBC PMI
  • Europe: EZ- flash PMIs, Consumer Confidence, GB- Retail Sales, CBI Output
  • North America: US- Weekly Jobless, flash PMI. Lead Indicators, Natural Gas

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 21:52 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
NZ CPI disinflation.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 21:46 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
New Zealand 3Q14 CPI

-- NEWS ALERT--
QQ: +0.30% vs. +0.50% exp. vs. +0.30% prev.
YY: 1.00% vs. +1.20% exp. vs. +1.60% prev.

TTN: Live News Special Offer

Direct links to primary data sources

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Mixed Risk
GVI Forex john 20:44 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Closing Levels...

" Trade Ideas "
Lahore FM 20:30 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
" Trade Ideas "
london red 20:25 GMT 10/22/2014

Red Sir, my pleasure !

" Trade Ideas "
london red 20:25 GMT 10/22/2014
FM king of the long term, nothing changes. thanks for your calls. always take note when you open a fresh page.

PIVOT POINTS: Trading System
GVI Forex john 20:24 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile

USD & EUR Pivots. Chart Point tables. Click chart icon to store in browser tab.

Using Pivot Points in Forex Trading:
A Simple but Effective Trading System

" Trade Ideas "
Lahore FM 20:15 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Buy usdx
Entry: Target: Stop:

Buy usdx
Entry: Target: Stop:
Lahore FM 19:57:37 GMT - 08/21/2014

Buy usdx
Entry: Now Target: Three month exit Stop: To your tolerance
Just when some desperate usd bears are groping about thinking this is thetail end of usd bullrun a freaky spike further pushing usd higher makes most sense.several charts that reval upcoming usd strength or weakness point to more usd strength for another stretch of several weeks.

Crude and gold harbingers.usdchf and usdcad perhaps next two.

===
The boon continues with usd buy for all three of my posted pairs.usdchf audusd and usdcad.
time to relaod usdcad now. after dumping parts off above 1.11 today for the second time in a month.

usdchf will land around parity i another 2 months to 3.

==
with three trades turning in hundreds of pips of profits over past two months i find little need to update as the market updates the rates for me with still even higher usd.

as forum friends and foes know i will not come in thumping my chest every two hours when trades go right.

london red 20:03 GMT 10/22/2014
thanks Jay but not looking to switch as v happy with the ones i have but in that case id suggest anyone frustrated with their broker to contact Jay. it really is a v important part to trading. you are going to lose money, hopefully less than you make, but when you do lose, let it be down to your stop being hit and not poor service from your broker.

GVI Forex Jay Meisler 19:55 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Red, you can get similar with smaller minimum size accounts. Send me an EMAIL for details

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 19:50 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):
21:45 NZ 3Q CPI RBNZ-- targets inflation
THURSDAY
01:45 CN HSBC flash PM-- universal economic survey
07:28 DE MFG PMI flash-- universal economic survey
07:28 DE SVC PMI flash -- universal economic survey
07:58 EZ flash MFG PMI -- universal economic survey
07:58 EZ flash SVC PMI -- universal economic survey
08:30 GB Ret Sls --key demand measures
12:30 US Initial Claims--freshest jobs data  
13:45 US Mfg MKt PMI flash-- universal economic survey
FRIDAY
08:30 GB GDP-- broadest measure of economy
14:00 US New Homes Sales-- housing measure

london red 19:49 GMT 10/22/2014
Jay, I would say this to people on brokers.
Buckets have there uses so lets not bash them too much. You dont have to trade with them but beginners choose them as lots are small. But they do you no favours outside of static markets. so if you are trading data events, you will find delays, requotes, excess slippage, scalping bans and even system outage coming into play.
These days there is no excuse for not using a one click instant execution broker with liquidity provided by major banks and other institutions. minimum account sizes are about 10 grand upwards.

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex john 19:45 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

GLOBAL-VIEW FORUMS ARE EASY TO USE!
GVI Forex john 19:32 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Click on the title of any post and you can see the complete discussion of a topic.

Click on the BREAKING NEWS title and you will get all the data news, charts, calendar posts, etc. for the current week.

eurusd
sd sf 19:07 GMT 10/22/2014
it is probably worth while to stick around for a few hours and t/p into 1st move down to 20

with the idea to resell bounce to 12670 for 12570

I don't think many people in Asia will want to hold onto other peoples crappy positions for too long.

most likely if it goes 38 offered that would be enough for a small dump from here.

eurusd
london red 19:00 GMT 10/22/2014
sf, thanks. holding short at 86 and question for me is whether we get to see the trendline again tomorrow or even 86. coming up to the end of the session, we are going to trade partially in todays range tomorrow (high could be 50 70 86 2710) and its a question of can i get out and resell higher up (86-05) or is it going to drift to new lows in asia and test 2570 london am (euro pmis looming). pulling the stop down to just north of 70 makes some sense but gives up a good profit. if we see 25/26 before the close may well tempt me to cover but sitting short for now.

eurusd
sd sf 18:42 GMT 10/22/2014
being b/o models their targets are wider .. but looking at where their t/p sits is in the 1.2550-70 region .. which is why they are selling so low now I suppose.

$yen bids coming in @ 12/14/16 .. but I only expect 05-35 range for now till we see what happens in EUR

as EURYEN may suffer for a while as well... if this eur does break down.

eurusd
sd sf 18:35 GMT 10/22/2014
breakout models who sold @1.2768 are selling again @1.2655

would not surprise me to see 1.2610-20 on stops.. have to get above 70 to ease the pressure.

MIXED RISK. Canadian Terrorist Attack Puts Markets on Pause. PMI Flash Data Thursday
GVI Forex Blog 18:34 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: NZ- CPI, JP- flash PMI, CN- HSBC PMI, EZ- flash PMIs, Consumer Confidence, GB- Retail Sales, US- Weekly Jobless, flash PMI. LEI

Early Thursday NZ quarterly CPI data are out. The session also sees a slew of flash PMI data, Weekly U.S. Jobless Claims and Eurozone Consumer Confidence U.S. CPI for September were a touch hotter than expected and have no impact on Fed policy.

MIXED RISK. Canadian Terrorist Attack Puts Markets on Pause. PMI Flash Data Thursday

eurusd
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 18:27 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile

Notice how the overnight low (1,.2680) became resistance and kept the risk on the downside.

The Bounce...
Paris ib 17:58 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
CB - lol. There are no reliable sources out there !!

The Bounce...
dc CB 17:50 GMT 10/22/2014
it's too bad those guys in that interview got the day wrong. the big day was Wed the 15th.

GVI Forex Jay Meisler 17:50 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile

Question for Your Advocate: Skeptic always said retail traders will always lose money when we trade via a market maker. How true is that?

The Bounce...
Paris ib 17:27 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Seems like all that very elaborate market rigging is having a waning impact. Which leaves us with what? A better level to short the stock market ?

How they do it.

Day's Trades
SaaR KaL 16:30 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
If you want an all year position
It is USDCAD SHort
till parity
from there to 1.40
The USD drop is at it's last year next year
no more drops after dat

Day's Trades
SaaR KaL 16:22 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
NDX crash level for the whole year is above 4000
I doubt will do more then 4100... Tops 4300 (If gets very volatile)
I see 2500 next year

eurusd
Miami JN 16:21 GMT 10/22/2014
The market is more fun when it is dumping the usd.

The market is more easily explained when it is dumping the euro.

Day's Trades
SaaR KaL 16:17 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
GBPJPY heads to 175 to 176 from here
still bearish for for the whole year
til 140 area

eurusd
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 16:17 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Low bid I show is 1.2647

eurusd
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 13:37 GMT 10/22/2014 - My Profile
1.2648 = 61.8% of 1.2500-1.2887

Global Markets News
GVI Forex Blog 16:02 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Full results of the European bank stress tests are due on Sunday and both the press and traders are having a field day with leaks. Note that the ECB's asset quality review (AQR) and the European Banking Authority's stress tests run concurrently. One Spanish source reported 11 of the 130 banks being tested by the ECB failed the review. PIMCO's Bodereau said he expects 18 banks to fail the ECB review

TradeTheNews.com US Market Update: On Track for Fifth Session of US Equity Gains

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Mixed Risk
GVI Forex john 15:33 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile

15:30 GMT- Current Market Conditions
:
Late in European trade, markets are in  MIXED RISK posture heading into a more active data period and ECB bank stress test results Sunday. Equities in Far East trade ended mostly higher. European bourses are closing mixed. U.S. share futures are up lower. The TSE is down at this hour while the outcome of a terrorist incident in Ottawa is unknown.

U.S. 10-yr yields are up. 10-yr yields in bunds are steady. In gilts they are up. Peripheral bond yields are lower, Volatile Greek yields are down sharply.

The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.

Weird Times
Paris ib 15:02 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
That chart pack does make you wonder about the sustainability of the current stock market rally. We got FOMC to get through, then the elections but medium term.... well not so exciting.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 15:00 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Second shooter being pursued in Ottawa. Shots fired. First shooter was shot a while ago.

BOC Press Conference has been postponed.

Weird Times
Paris ib 15:00 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
A chart pack for the doom and gloomers. :-)

Chart Pack

Day's Trades
SaaR KaL 14:57 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Silver Longs
EURUSD
Cable
EURJPY

Short USDCAD
===
The rest later

GVI Forex Blog 14:47 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
October 22, 2014 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Thursday, October 23. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar HIGH IMPACT NEWS: NZ- CPI, JP- flash PMI, CN- HSBC PMI, EZ- flash PMIs, Consumer Confidence, GB- Retail Sales, US- Weekly Jobless, flash PMI. Lead Indicators

GVI Forex Data Outlook for October 23, 2014

Moscow 14:46 GMT 10/22/2014

Sell USDJPY
Entry: 105.189 Target: Stop: 107.725

Today we consider the USD/JPY currency pair on the D1 chart. The price made a reversal, touching the strong W1 resistance line. The daily uptrend channel is breached in the direction of the red zone, and now we have every reason to believe that a new bearish D1 trend is emerging. Parabolic confirms the trend direction and moves along the DonchianChannel lower boundary, verifying the price direction. The only alarming signal can be seen at the moment is the breach of RSI-Bars resistance line, which may be proved false. To confirm the bearish sentiment, you should wait for the oscillator level crossing at 31.0851%.
This event is expected to happen before the fractal support breach at 105.189. This mark is strengthened by DonchianChannel lower boundary and can be used for placing a pending sell order. Stop Loss can be placed at 107.725 or 109.971 (for conservative traders). It should be noted that the importance of the last fractal peak is confirmed by the Parabolic historical value, and also the bearish candlestick pattern “shooting star”, which is marked in yellow on the chart.
After position opening, Trailing Stop is to be moved after the Parabolic values, near the next fractal peak. Updating is enough to be done every day after the formation of 5 new candlesticks, needed for the Bill Williams fractal formation. Thus, we are changing the probable profit/loss ratio to the breakeven point.

What's going on with bonds?
Paris ib 14:44 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
A bit of a chat about systemic stress, market rigging, government bonds, the USD and gold. Worth a listen.

Volatility in Bonds

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:44 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile

October 22, 2014 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Thursday, October 23. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS: NZ- CPI, JP- flash PMI, CN- HSBC PMI, EZ- flash PMIs, Consumer Confidence, GB- Retail Sales, US- Weekly Jobless, flash PMI. Lead Indicators
  • Far East: NZ- CPI, JP- flash PMI, CN- HSBC PMI
  • Europe: EZ- flash PMIs, Consumer Confidence, GB- Retail Sales, CBI Output
  • North America: US- Weekly Jobless, flash PMI. Lead Indicators, Natural Gas

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 14:33 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
too much oil.. too many wells still pumping
I tried to tell oil co. do not fill tanks of hybrids, you shoot yourself in the foot ... did they listen ? nooooooo

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:32 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Bearish Crude.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:31 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
US EIA Weekly Inventories

NEWS ALERT
Crude Oil: +7.000 vs. +3.000 exp vs. +8.900 prev.
Gasoline: -1.300 vs. -1.500 exp vs. -4.000 prev.
Distillates: +1.050 vs. -1.500 exp vs. -1.5200 prev.
Cap/Util: 86.70% vs.87.90% exp vs. 88.10% prev.
,br> Weekly Petroleum Status Report

TTN: Live News Special Offer

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:26 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
ECB's Nowotny downplays chances for immediate ECB QE moves.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:26 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
ECB's Nowotny downplays chances for immediate ECB QE moves.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:16 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
Shooting was at Canadian War Memorial near Parliament.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:12 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
CAD stronger after BOC removed the word "neutral" from its future policy guidance statement. The change is seen as hawkish.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:08 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
We don't have any details yet, but there has been a shooting at Canada's Parliament Hill. Apparently it is on lock-down following another terrorist event earlier this week.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:03 GMT 10/22/2014  - My Profile
"...Canada’s real GDP growth is projected to average close to 2 1/2 per cent over the next year before slowing gradually to 2 per cent by the end of 2016, roughly the estimated growth rate of potential output. As global headwinds recede, confidence in the sustainability of domestic and global demand should improve and business investment should pick up. Together with a moderation in the growth of household spending, this is expected to gradually return Canada’s economy to a more balanced growth path. As the economy reaches its full capacity in the second half of 2016, both core and total CPI inflation are projected to be about 2 per cent on a sustained basis.

Weighing all of these factors, the Bank judges that the risks to its inflation projection are roughly balanced. Meanwhile, the financial stability risks associated with household imbalances are edging higher. Overall, the balance of risks falls within the zone for which the current stance of monetary policy is appropriate and therefore the target for the overnight rate remains at 1 per cent."

Bank of Canada maintains overnight rate target at 1 per cent

Next Page

Must Read Articles

EXCLUSIVE: How to Become a Better Trader Guide
Do You Want to be a Successful Forex Trader? Part One
Video: Forex Trading Outlook for the Week of October 20, 2014
WEEKLY LOOK AHEAD: Stock Correction - October 20, 2014

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2012 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105