User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
FOREX FORUM
31/10/14 20:30 US COT Report con: n/a pre: n/a
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Risk-On
GVI Forex john 20:23 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
CLOSING VALUES....

Support for Swiss gold referendum falls in latest poll
HK RF@ 20:16 GMT 10/31/2014

By REUTERS
PUBLISHED: 11:21 GMT, 31 October 2014 - UPDATED: 11:21 GMT, 31 October 2014

ZURICH, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Support for a proposal to prohibit the Swiss National Bank from selling any of its gold reserves has waned, according to a poll published on Friday by the free Swiss newspaper 20 Minuten.
The right-wing Swiss People's Party (SVP) has put forward a popular initiative called "Save our Swiss gold" which aims to prevent the central bank from offloading its gold reserves, obliging it to hold at least 20 percent of its assets in gold.
The initiative has sent jitters through both the gold and currency markets, since it would require the SNB to massively bolster its holdings of the precious metal.
Such a buying spree could push gold prices significantly higher, market watchers say. It could also endanger the central bank's three-year-old cap on the franc's value against the euro, by giving the bank less flexibility to buy foreign currency to defend the minimum exchange rate.
The SNB said on Friday euro-denominated assets made up 41 percent of its balance sheet compared with the 7 percent it currently holds in gold.
The poll showed 38 percent of respondents were in favor of the initiative, down from support of 45 percent in a poll in the paper last week. Some 47 percent of those survey opposed the proposals, while 15 percent remained undecided.
The authors of Friday's poll said the survey was conducted online on Oct. 27 with 12,491 voters. Results were then weighted by voter demographics, geography and other political variables in order to better represent the Swiss voting population.
Still, the method of polling is seen as less reliable than that of Berne-based research and polling institute gfs.bern, which published a survey last Friday showing the gold initiative had the support of 44 percent of the public

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-2815635/Support-Swiss-gold-referendum-falls-latest-poll.html#ixzz3HkuMHWzb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter - DailyMail on Facebook

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex john 19:57 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

COMMITMENT OF TRADERS REPORT
GVI Forex john 19:44 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile

Commitment of Trader Report Charts Trader

Positions: EUR, JPY, CHF, GBP

Net EUR JPY COT Positions

Click on chart for COT Details

Click on chart for COT Details

Week Ahead
GVI Forex Blog 18:51 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
•US payrolls to set tone for interest rates expectations

•No policy changes expected for BoE or ECB policy meetings

•UK data watched for indications that economic growth is slowing

ECONOMIC DATA ANALYSIS - US PAYROLLS WATCHED FOR SIGNS OF FURTHER LABOUR MARKET TIGHTENING

GVI Forex john 18:46 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
10-yr 2.330% +1.1bp
DJ +160
SP +18

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex 18:40 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
Virgin Galactic said its SpaceShipTwo rocket plane suffered an "in-flight anomaly" during a powered test flight on Friday — and other sources said ...

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 17:54 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
Next Tuesday 4 November
1/3 of the Senate is up for election
entre House is in play

Current forecasts favor Republicans taking control of the Senate by a small margin. Many races are very very close so any result is possible

Republicans are expected to increase their control of the House and pick up a few seats.

Bottom line, Obama could face a hostile legislature in his final two years.

One week from today. She could touch on policy

November 7 Speech--Chair Janet L. Yellen
Policy Since the Onset of the Financial Crisis
At the International Symposium of the Banque de France: Central Banking: The Way Forward?, Paris, France
10:15 a.m. ET

eurusd
Prague JIT 17:18 GMT 10/31/2014
To Tallinn/viies: Hi, old friend. Have you any idea about usd/rub? I took auto-contra-trade above 43 two days ago and got good amm. of pips. Thank you. Regards. :-)

GVI Forex 17:08 GMT 10/31/2014
10-yr 2.337 +1.8bp
SP +20
DJIA +174

Strong Friday afternoon trade.

Referendum Could Force Central Bank to Buy Gold and Never Sell
dc CB 16:23 GMT 10/31/2014
yeh that's why Comex Gold and Silver are getting pounded today.

GVI Forex Blog 16:15 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
October 31, 2014 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Monday, November 3. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar HIGH IMPACT NEWS: AU- Mfg PMI CN- PMIs, EZ- Mfg PMI's CH- PMI, GB- PMI, CA- PMI, US- PMI's

GVI Forex Data Outlook for November 3, 2014

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 16:13 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile

October 31, 2014 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Monday, November 3. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS: AU- Mfg PMI CN- PMIs, EZ- Mfg PMI's CH- PMI, GB- PMI, CA- PMI, US- PMI's
  • Far East: AU- Mfg PMI CN- PMIs
  • Europe: EZ- Mfg PMI's CH- PMI, GB- PMI
  • North America: CA- PMI, US- PMI's, Consumer Spending

Great Rotation???
Livingston nh 16:05 GMT 10/31/2014
BoJ and Gov Pension Fund add new deck chairs and reorganize their arrangement -- is this the beginning of the Great Rotation out of bonds into stox? -- $200 bio directly into non Japanese stock markets and just in time - all of that has to be converted from yen into some other currencies -- I mentioned no new money into the stox rally but there should be some floating this way soon - meanwhile, some folks might like to buy now so sell FI and buy, buy, buy equities

Hmmm, and I thought the Japanese economy was the problem - I'm sure it will be different this time

Of Endurance of Debt
Mtl JP 15:52 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
Britain to repay First World War bonds

LONDON—The U.K. treasury plans to repay part of the debt issued to finance Britain’s role in the World War I.

The treasury said Friday that it would on Feb. 1 repay bonds worth £218 million ($348.8 million) that were issued by Winston Churchill in 1927 to refinance debts the U.K. racked up during the four-year conflict, which claimed millions of lives. .../..
-
side note / US 30-yr treasury note currently pays 3%... pre-tax.

GVI Forex john 15:52 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile

16:00 GMT- Current Market Conditions
:
Late in Europe, markets are in a RISK-ON  posture following the policy easing by the Bank of Japan overnight . In response, the JPY is sharply weaker on the news and equities have soared.  Markets are also now hoping for ease from the ECB Thursday. In the Far East, equities ended higher.  European bourses are ending up sharply as well. U.S. share futures are higher at this hour.

U.S. 10-yr yields are higher on data. 10-yr bund yields are down sharply and gilts yields are easier. Peripheral European bond yields are mixed. Political instability see Higher Greek yields

The heat map color scheme of interest rates reflects yields.

eurusd
Provo John 15:45 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
As this came across the newswire, eur$ stopped dead in it's tracks and reversed...

ECB sources say eur 3trl balance sheet target is not on the cards,. says FED has noticed eur slide and ECB must not push too far.

This may just stall things considering it is Friday. Books profits and take you ball home.

eurusd
GVI Forex john 15:29 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
Yes. I would guess their major sales would probably come from the excess EUR they have accumulated supporting the EURCHF cross at 120.00??

eurusd
Tallinn viies 15:26 GMT 10/31/2014
GVI Forex john 15:20 GMT - as I understand people are afraid that if they need to buy gold then they need to sell euro.

Referendum Could Force Central Bank to Buy Gold and Never Sell
GVI Forex john 15:20 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
National referendum on November 30

"...a ruling in favor of the motion would force the Swiss National Bank to hold some 20% of its about $547 billion assets in the precious metal, returning to the weighting it last held in gold in 2008."

Markets Nervous Ahead of Swiss Gold Vote

PIVOT POINTS: Trading System
Mtl JP 15:09 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
short-term , if you want to go long euro, wait for >1.2535+

PIVOT POINTS: Trading System
GVI Forex john 15:06 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
EURUSD last ~1.2505

S1 1.2561 broken
S2 1.2509 clearly breached but currently in play
S3 1.2470 holding (LOD 1.2486)

Let's see what happens with S3 thats the 5% trade. I don't know what's going to happen but I exclude nothing.

The key play for the first part of the new week will be the set-uo fir the ECB on Thursday. Will Super-Mario capitulate next? My guess is that many will want to be short EURUSD in the lead up into the meeting. Sometimes you can position for the ANTICIPATION rather than the actual event.

Thoughts?

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Mixed Risk
london red 14:46 GMT 10/31/2014
yen.might stall at 62/68. anything abv 80 targets 114.66

GVI Forex john 14:19 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
10-yr 2.328% +0.9
SP +19

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 14:01 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
University of Michigan Sentiment Survey. Final data revised up from strong preliminary.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 13:55 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
University of Michigan Sentiment Index Final October 2014

ALERT
86.9 vs. 86.4 exp. vs. 86.4 preliminary

RELEASE: Index of Consumer Sentiment

TTN: Live News Special Offer

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex 13:54 GMT 10/31/2014
Clearly Chicago PMI outperformed

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 13:45 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
U.S. Chicago PMI September 2014

ALERT
66.2 vs. 59.5 exp. vs. 60.5 prev.

RELEASE: Chicago PMI

Chicago PMI
GVI Forex 13:44 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
Said to be above consensus - it gets released to subscribers early

HALLOWEEN
dc CB 13:42 GMT 10/31/2014
Nikkei futures halted limit up

CME tweet

buy usdjpy
jkt abel 13:30 GMT 10/31/2014
so euro below 1.25 so forget about 105-110 usdjpy, 110-120 welcome

USDCAD
london red 13:19 GMT 10/31/2014
cad can go a long way. res 93 1315. hope for pullbacks there if not yet long. support 43. but i doubt there will be many pullbacks today. plenty of short calls throughout the week so theyll be buying every dip however small. absolutely no reason to be long cad.

USDCAD
GVI Forex 13:14 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
Oil down => CAD finally paid notice

london red 13:14 GMT 10/31/2014
treasuries slightly left behind. dec 10 needs to move below 126.16 to give buck a further boost and i suspect euro will at least test the figure. said to be some month end buying might surface prior to the fix but barrier under pressure no doubt about it.

BREAKING NEWS
NY JM 13:12 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
I call this using crosses to trade spot 101:

What was holding up the other currencies was offsets from JPY crosses. When the JIY crosses paused, other currencies lost their bids.

GVI Forex john 13:05 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
10-yr 2.344% +2.5
SP +22

BREAKING NEWS
london red 12:42 GMT 10/31/2014
euro. sup 47, below there risk to 15/00
cad. first support 38/43. if stays abv there can move much higher. watch oil.

HALLOWEEN
dc CB 12:40 GMT 10/31/2014
I always thought that Gammy would make this run happen, but maybe she came to the party dressed as KURODA

emni new high

17400-Dow... may result to some correction.
HK RF@ 12:34 GMT 10/31/2014

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 12:32 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile

Canada: GDP August 2014

ALERT
m/m -0.10% vs.0.00% exp. vs. 0.00% prev.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 12:30 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
U.S. Personal Income/PCE Deflator September 2014

ALERT
Personal Income +0.20% v +0.30% exp v +0.20% pre
PCE Defl +1.40% vs. +1.50% exp. vs. +1.50% prev.

RELEASE: Personal Income

AUDUSD 0.8880 confirmed
Amman wfakhoury 11:55 GMT 10/31/2014

Amman wfakhoury 19:14 GMT October 29, 2014
AUDUSD 0.8888 confirmed : Reply
AUDUSD 0.8888 confirmed will be reached..starting and return level 0.8800 and decline below it will return to it.

yen
jkt abel 11:34 GMT 10/31/2014
shanghai bc, if you are around, usdjpy is now above 110 does that mean euro will go below 1.25 soon also?

yen
london red 11:24 GMT 10/31/2014
my thoughts are for intraday. maybe some sideways trade between 11128/67 if supports get done. for now its strongly bid and the first support at 67 has yielded a reasonable bounce, lets see if they can move it thru the trendline or if they flip it back lower. if they can break higher youve got a trade to hold onto, if not your rushing to locking in profit.
as for 110 if we see that today then we've got a top and theres nothing to warrant that. market never reverses a move like this morning to go back up again. as for buying the prev high its a good strat only theres going to plenty of folk jumping in earlier, so not sure we'll see that level until the dusts settles and even then its going to need some bad news from either the US or some kind of skirmish/ebola.

yen
jkt abel 11:00 GMT 10/31/2014
red, what sort of consolidation you think? 110-112?

yen
london red 10:57 GMT 10/31/2014
daily trendline at 111.82 done just enough to hamper. support 67 and 50. if below there period of consolidation.

Where's Ginko?
manila tom 10:28 GMT 10/31/2014
where is Soros now? reversing his negative view on stocks?

Where's Ginko?
manila tom 10:25 GMT 10/31/2014
Buy USDJPY
Entry: Target: Stop:

so usdjpy heading to 120 with 110 being support?

Global Markets News
GVI Forex Blog 10:23 GMT 10/31/2014  - My Profile
Policy divergence among the G3 central banks has kept the USD on a firm tone. The surprise additional easing from the BOJ sent the USD/JPY above the 111.50 for a 7-year high. The BoJ shocked markets with expansion in annual asset purchases from ¥50B to ¥80B coupled with tripling in its purchases of exchanged-traded funds (ETFs) and real estate investment trusts (REITs).

TradeTheNews.com EU Market Update: Monetary policy divergence intensifies as BOJ eases further

Next Page

Must Read Articles

Beware of Currency Hedgers
Video: Forex Trading Outlook for the Week of October 27, 2014
WEEKLY LOOK AHEAD: Stress Tests and Fed - October 27, 2014
Ask Your Advocate: Are Forex Brokers to Blame for Traders Losing Money?

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. binary options.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105