User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
01/02/15 22:30 A AU Mfg PMI con: n/a pre: 46.9
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
Greece seeks to reassure Europe as tensions rise
PAR 08:00 GMT 02/01/2015
Greece running out of money . Then they call Draghi.

Draghi keeps on spending European taxpayers money on the most silly projects .

Ukraine peace talks collapse, Kiev and separatists trade blame
GVI Forex 01:58 GMT 02/01/2015  - My Profile
(Reuters) - Peace talks on Ukraine collapsed on Saturday after just over four hours with no tangible progress towards a new ceasefire but with Ukraine's representative and separatist envoys angrily accusing each other of sabotaging the meeting.

Ukraine peace talks collapse, Kiev and separatists trade blame

GVI Forex 01:56 GMT 02/01/2015  - My Profile
Reuters) - New Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, striking a conciliatory note on debt talks after a turbulent start to office, has called the European Central Bank chief to assure him that Athens was seeking an agreement.

Burrrrrrr
dc CB 19:58 GMT 01/31/2015
time for the Polar Votex frenzy to heat up this week.
Good excuse for poor retail performance in Feb.

Feb 7 forecast lows

Greece Says Will Not Cooperate With 'Troika' or Seek Aid Extension
dc CB 19:28 GMT 01/31/2015
Amid 'turmoiling' stock markets on Friday, CNBC's Simon Hobbs summed up the status quo's thinking on the new Greek leadership when he noted, somewhat angrily and shocked, "The Greeks are not even trying to reassure the markets," seeming to have entirely forgotten (and who can blame him in this new normal the world has been force-fed for 6 years) that political leaders are elected for the good of the people (by the people) not for the markets.

the most uncomfortable moment ever caught on tape - the moment when Eurogroup chief Jeroen Dijsselbloem (he of the "template" foot in mouth disease) stood up at the end of the EU-Greece press conference, awkwardly shook hands with Greece's new finance minister, and whispered..."you have just killed the Troika," to which Varoufakis responded...

(video and pix)

Caught On Tape: Dijsselbloem To Varoufakis: "You Just Killed Troika"

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 18:59 GMT 01/31/2015  - My Profile
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT):  

calendarBe sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.

Reserve Bank of Australia
GVI Forex john 17:56 GMT 01/31/2015  - My Profile
I expect a rate cut on Tuesday. AUDUSD negative...

Australia Data Charts

weakening PMI suggests slowing growth

falling inflation. below target floor...

Market rates are pointing downward...

OIL - is it over?
PAR 15:42 GMT 01/31/2015
Why do you think Obama went to Saudi Arabia ? OIL - OIL -OIL .

Janet Not Outdone by Mario - February 1, 2015
GVI Forex john 14:21 GMT 01/31/2015  - My Profile

Central Bank Blunders Continue

Markets are continuing to feel the after effects from the long-delayed ECB decision over a week ago to start an aggressive Quantitative Ease (printing money) to stimulate economic growth in the European common currency area. Around that decision, nearly a dozen central banks have eased interest rates suggesting that for one reason or another the ECB had been holding up needed interest rate adjustments elsewhere. This appears to be another case of where poor policy execution by a central bank has been an unnecessary source of market instability. Recall, it was poor policy execution by the Swiss National Bank that created the worst case of forex instability seen in decades a few weeks ago.

Janet Not Outdone by Mario - February 1, 2015

Greece Says Will Not Cooperate With 'Troika' or SeeknAidExtension
Mtl JP 12:47 GMT 01/31/2015  - My Profile
What d ya think of shorting eur/gold ?

Mtl JP 12:45 GMT 01/31/2015  - My Profile
“We are not going to co-operate with a rottenly constructed committee.” said Varoufakis

Barclay's estimated risks of a eurozone breakup to levels “significantly higher than at any point in 2012”
-
I am bit uncertain if break-up of eurozone would mean break up (demise) of the euro.

GVI Forex 12:37 GMT 01/31/2015  - My Profile
JP trading on crisis or potential crisis news is not easy. This is a drama that has to play out but is a cloud over the EUR while it plays out.

Mtl JP 12:26 GMT 01/31/2015  - My Profile
Jay - how do you see trading 12:17 for maximum profit ?
TIA

GVI Forex 12:17 GMT 01/31/2015  - My Profile
(Reuters) - Greece's new leftist government opened talks on its bailout with European partners on Friday by flatly refusing to extend the program or to cooperate with the international inspectors overseeing it.

OIL - is it over?
hk nt 09:34 GMT 01/31/2015
WTI crude: Lets see if we have one final dive from $50 to $36 in February. Big funds and firms have already squared shorts and finished hedging at low 40s. Hope momentum players may have enough bullet to power the last dive.

The upside risk comes from Russia. Think the Bear Bomber incident is a signal that the Russian warns the drop of oil price from 110 to 40 is not tolerable.

OIL - is it over?
hk nt 09:04 GMT 01/31/2015
technical tools project $36 downside target to be met in coming weeks and which maybe a long term floor

RUSSIA
PAR 08:44 GMT 01/31/2015
German FM reportedly asked Russia to roll over $3bn loan to Ukraine. Forget the sanctions, help a brother out!

OIL - is it over?
Mtl JP 07:24 GMT 01/31/2015  - My Profile
'There will be blood' in Canada from oil price collapse, JPMorgan warns - The Globe and Mail
A major U.S. bank is warning Canadians what to expect from the rout in the oil market: “There will be blood.” That warning from JPMorgan Chase & Co.

That warning from JPMorgan Chase & Co. is largely aimed at the province of Alberta, home to Canada’s oil patch, but the collapse in oil prices will filter through the broader economy.
--
And I , perhaps naively, bought the earlier prognostications of lower energy prices as beneficial as a tax cut !!! What a fool I may have been...

CURRENT CONDITIONS: Risk-Off
Livingston nh 23:05 GMT 01/30/2015
JP - anytime these folks start changing the goal post (alternative??) I get queasy -- exports he cites here's the deal Exports and Imports declined (i.e., TOTAL trade was lower) so we await December figures -- as I mentioned orders down inventory draws up because of oil price (deflation expectations, oh no!!)

Productivity = deflation // that's the way it works since Prometheus

observation
uk rg 22:50 GMT 01/30/2015
GBPUSD
Entry: Target: Stop:

hopefully more so than this week

Deep Thoughts
dc CB 22:42 GMT 01/30/2015
"we need to be sure that we're not creating instant millionaires, people who don't deserve to be millionaires"

Pres of the Maryland Senate, quoted on NPR's All Things Considered in a segment about the Maryland Legislature as they debate the Legalization of MaryJUUUWanna, during this year session.

Thomas V. Mike Miller, Jr., President of the Maryland Senate since 1987

Mike

observation
uk rg 22:42 GMT 01/30/2015
GBPUSD
Entry: Target: Stop:

observation
last weeks closing candle was 22 pips below monthly s3
this weeks closing candle is 36 pips above monthly s3
Would venture next weeks close candle will be green
gt

dc CB 22:18 GMT 01/30/2015
looking forward to the appearance of Oracle, early Monday, for the six week Trend.

GWE

BUY BUY

Livingston nh 22:11 GMT 01/30/2015
John - I'm looking at a much stronger economy (only missed Q4 by 2% on gdp) - the ISM comments from last month showed that expectations of lower prices affected orders and inventory draws -- the analysts (aaargh) are responding to the past // the risk is that they misjudge the Fed (even the Fed doesn't know what it will do) - like driving behind a drunk

BONDS -- money leaving risk perceived (Aaa, BBb) but ignoring simple rate risk -- could get really UGLY by JUNE

Livingston nh 22:01 GMT 01/30/2015
JP fear of ?? - it's a typical flight to quality - stox scare treasurys jump //

GVI Forex john 22:00 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile
Look at the headline "RISK OFF". They are buying bonds due to fear about stock prices.

Professional bond traders focus on bond prices, not yields. So when stock prices fall bond prices RISE (lower yields). There is a difference here between "fear" and "calm " expectations for a weakening economy.

Mtl JP 21:54 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile
john 21:50 normally cheap cost of money sees stocks rally
what d u think is currently "wrong" that is causing both cost of money and stocks go down at same time ?

Deep Thoughts
dc CB 21:50 GMT 01/30/2015
Well, not so Deep.

Hillary Clinton Faces Scrutiny for Use of Private Jets

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-01-29/hillary-clinton-flew-jets-on-taxpayer-funds-in-senate?hootPostID=b077bb0a4751b2db2ac9be636663e60a

With 4,000 in homeless shelters, D.C. on pace to eclipse record set last year

GVI Forex john 21:50 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile
ugly close in stocks. Should carry over into Asia. Question wiull be what Europe and the U.S. will do.Monday sees an avalanche of PMI's. U.S. bond yields approaching recent lows around 1.60%.

Mtl JP 21:47 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile
just had a closer look at the 10-yr yields
US - 1.652
IT - 1.67
haha,
must some all time records being set

Mtl JP 21:40 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile
nice pop into the close ... in Gold

GVI Forex john 21:20 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile

Livingston nh 21:20 GMT 01/30/2015
AND I can't resist the chance to debunk the oil price decline as a tax cut AND increased consumer purchasing power -- the oil price frees more money for other purchases it does NOT increase purchasing power or higher CONSUMPTION (only increased income or lower savings CAN ACHIEVE THIS)

london red 21:16 GMT 01/30/2015
CB, well you know repeat customers get done from behind. either you start batting for the other side or you shop around. as for payouts, gone are the days. will you every loophole possible not to pay. seems impossible to insurance against human stupidity these days. believe its a problem if you have staff.

Paris ib 21:16 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile
CB - welcome to the wonderful world of 'official' disinflation. Same here: everything goes up in leaps and bounds but the people at the Central Bank and the statistics office never seem to notice. And they certainly don't record it!! Falling flat screen television prices wipe out all those pesky real world price increases in stuff we actually use.

dc CB 21:16 GMT 01/30/2015
I got to keep my old policy. But that notice came in November--15% increase. but part of that is age related, as I turn another leaf in the 60's.

Livingston nh 21:11 GMT 01/30/2015
Wait until you get your new improved mandated medical insurance premium increase -- maybe premiums stay the same BUT your deductibles double - hmm but it is better insurance right ??

dc CB 21:09 GMT 01/30/2015
Just suppose the UoM survey of inflation expectations are close to right

well I just got my 2015 auto insurance renew notice. Up 16.6% from last year. No violations, no accidents, no changes on my part, no reason my premium should have risen 16%.

The nice customer service lady on the phone said: well insurance rates are going up everywhere.

I said: but I'm keep getting told that there is no inflation, 16% rise from you.

She said: it's just...rates are on the rise all over, your rates are just doing a catch up to...to...well rates everywhere.

Livingston nh 21:01 GMT 01/30/2015
Just suppose the UoM survey of inflation expectations are close to right -- EVERY treasury yield is well below -- keep in mind the Fed ALWAYS panics

GVI Forex john 20:56 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile
10-yr 1.659% -103bp
DJ -239
SP-26

CHART POINTS- Free Forex Database
GVI Forex john 20:53 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

Commitment of Traders Report
GVI Forex john 20:41 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile

Commitment of Trader Report Charts Trader Positions: EUR, JPY, CHF, GBP

Net EUR JPY COT Positions

Click on chart for EUR COT Details

Click on chart forJPY COT Details

X+++++
Net GBP and CHF COT Positions

Click on chart for COT Details

Net AUD and CAD COT Positions

G+++++

Commitment of Trader Report Charts Trader Positions: CAD, AUD, Gold, Oil

Net Crude, Gold, S&P and 10-yr Positions

GVI Forex john 20:24 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile
DJ -193
S&P -20
10-yr 168.3%, -7.9bp

OIL - is it over?
Livingston nh 20:06 GMT 01/30/2015
whatever it takes!!!

I'll put in my plug for TARIFF rather than gas tax -- keep the jobs here and put OPEC out of business

OIL - is it over?
dc CB 20:03 GMT 01/30/2015
Oh Really. That's what caused it? ISIS...
It wasn't coordinated Stop Run, that took out shorts going back to last Thurday. BANGING THE CLOSE....just slightly illegal...

ISIS

it's a co-inky-dink

OIL - is it over?
GVI Forex john 20:02 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile
nh- I agree I find it hard to see how higher oil prices would help me. I have yet to see my utility costs fall.

OIL - is it over?
london red 20:01 GMT 01/30/2015
brent had a similar 5 pt rally back in oct last year. traded down to new low within 2 weeks. so lets not get carried away. a few religious terrorists on horseback does not a demand create.

OIL - is it over?
GVI Forex john 20:00 GMT 01/30/2015  - My Profile
Now stocks are falling!

OIL - is it over?
Livingston nh 19:50 GMT 01/30/2015
John - there's a great example of conflict of interest at the highest level -- dogooders want higher oil prices but whine about the "evil" ISIS folks

Next Page

MUST READ ARTICLES

Janet Not Outdone by Mario- February 1, 2015

FXCM Mapping Rebound from Near Disaster

Exclusive: How I Use Retracements to Trade the Forex Market

FXCM to Forgive Majority of Clients Who Incurred Negative Balances

Is Negative Balance Protection Fool's Gold?

Why Retail Forex Trading Will Survive and Thrive

NFA Increases Minimum Security Deposit for Forex Transactions

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105