User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
19/04/15 22:45 A NZ CPI qq con: -0.20% pre: -0.20%
19/04/15 22:45 A NZ CPI yy con: -1.60% pre: 0.80%
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
UPCOMING NEWS
GVI Forex john 17:00 GMT 04/19/2015  - My Profile

April 19, 2015 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Monday, April 20, 2015. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS RELEASES: NZ CPI
  • Far East: NZ- CPI
  • Europe: No Major Data
  • North America: No Major Data

BREAKING NEWS
PAR 16:56 GMT 04/19/2015
When the stockmarkets goes down you cut interest rates and lower reserve requirements .Then the stock market goes up again .

Its called central economic planning .

We predicted last week this would happen .

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex 16:26 GMT 04/19/2015
The People's Bank of China (PBOC) lowered the reserve requirement ratio (RRR) for all banks by 100 basis points to 18.5 percent, effective from April 20.

www.pbc.gov.cn

Video: Dollar Takes a Hit But Still Trades n Current Ranges
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 15:48 GMT 04/19/2015  - My Profile

>> Open Access <<

The dollar took a hit this past week in volatile trading but this is still a choppy market within existing ranges. What would it take to change the picture and reverse the trends? I cover that in my outlook for the week ahead. 

Video: Dollar Takes a Hit But Still Trades n Current Ranges - Forex Trading Outlook for the Week Ahead

Global-View Trading Systems
GVI Forex john 14:33 GMT 04/19/2015  - My Profile
I've added trend moving averages to the bottom of the pivot point tables (see below). My focus recently has been on the 20-day moving averages, but SOME of the 50- and 100-day averages are coming into view.

Global-View Trading Systems
GVI Forex john 14:18 GMT 04/19/2015  - My Profile

USD Pivot Points, Support and Resistance Levels. Chart Point tables.

Using Pivot Points in Forex Trading:
A Simple but Effective Trading System

Commitment of Traders Report
GVI Forex john 11:45 GMT 04/19/2015  - My Profile
Continued...

GBPUSD look at the weekly GBP spot line. Its basically flat. The market remains short cable, but those positions are gradually being wound down. There is NO LONGER a massive overhang of shorts.

As for CHF below, interest in trading this currency remains subdue as it should be...

Commitment of Trader Report Charts Trader Positions: EUR, JPY, CHF, GBP

Net GBP and CHF COT Positions

Click on chart for COT Details

UPCOMING NEWS
GVI Forex john 11:39 GMT 04/19/2015  - My Profile
Weekly Trading Planner Top Items (GMT)

calendarBe sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar for key items, such as consensus estimates, previous data and links to charts of recent data).

Don't Fight the Central Banks!
dc CB 05:54 GMT 04/19/2015
Max continues with his interview of Sandeep Jaitly about negative yielding bonds
Read more at http://www.maxkeiser.com/#vwURiRlf38TIQTvu.99

Value By Decree

OOOO My God
dc CB 05:20 GMT 04/19/2015
so

Ya dat be the Goldman Guy...neeekid

WMBanzai7 Nails it

dc CB 19:50 GMT 04/18/2015
If anyone deserves a seven-figure sinecure, it's Ben Bernanke.

The former Fed Chair put his academic work on the Great Depression to the best possible use when he saved the financial system in 2008, and then went further than any other central banker to try to bring unemployment down. But now he's putting that expertise to the best possible financial use by signing on to advise the $25 billion hedge fund Citadel. Now Bernanke hasn't disclosed the terms of his compensation, but it's safe to say that if hedge funders are willing to pay him $200,000 just to dispense his wisdom over dinner, they'd be willing to pay him a lot more to do so on a regular basis.

Who wants to be in the top 10 percent when everyone you know is in the top 1 percent?

Ben Bernanke

nw kw 14:57 GMT 04/18/2015
How money is created,whear does it come from,Who benefits.

http://article.wn.com/view/2015/04/ 08/German_Factory _Orders_Fall_in_Sign_Economy_Still_Prone_to_Ri/

http://article.wn.com/view/ 2015/04/08/German_Factory_Orders_Fall_in_Sign_ Economy_Still_Prone_to_Ri/

Mtl JP 14:28 GMT 04/18/2015  - My Profile
Fed controls the cost of money.
-
To have a meaningful discussion about that
We would first need to define "normal(ization) interest rate".
I suggest: Interest rate equal to that of GDP growth rate.

It is noteworthy that the current gang of PhD's keeps trying to keep our focus pinned on what they call "inflation" rate and NOT GDP growth rate. You will want to note that interest rate rises based on inflation are not the same as those based on GDP growth rate.

The claim that the "Fed controls the cost of money" is disputable to the extent that it does not dare to hike them for fear of imploding the bond market when just the floating of the rate hike suggestion is causing wobbles and reverbs, let alone hiking even by 0.1%.

How is painted in a corner of inaction out of fear equal to "control the cost of money" ?

GVI Forex john 10:55 GMT 04/18/2015  - My Profile

by John M. Bland

Forex Market Manipulation
Supposedly we are in an era of "freely-floating exchange rates", but it seems that Forex markets are anything but freely floating. Exchange rate policy often falls under the purview of governments and/or central banks. They are strongly influenced by monetary policy as well. There is a saying in the financial markets: "Don't Fight the Fed". That is because finance is all about money flows and the Fed controls the cost of money.

CHART POINTS: Average Daily Pip Ranges
GVI Forex john 10:44 GMT 04/18/2015  - My Profile
In tables below note how average ranges over the past 10days compare to those in 1Q15.

CHART POINTS: Average Daily Pip Ranges
GVI Forex john 10:41 GMT 04/18/2015  - My Profile

GVI Forex john 20:33 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
As opposed to the EURUSD below, USDJPY positions had already been reduced nearly to zero, so stops have not been a major issue in the pair this week. USDJPY is range-bound.

Click on chart for JPY COT Details

GVI Forex john 20:30 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
COT data as of Tuesday's close. AS the EUR started to correct, EURUSD shorts fell modestly. I expect to see that EURUSD shorts will have fallen significantly in a weeks time. As the oversold condition of the market gets reduced the power of upside stops is diminished as well.

GVI Forex john 20:24 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
Net EUR JPY COT Positions

Click on chart for EUR COT Details

ECB
Mtl JP 19:57 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
IOU's ... not so original idea afterall

ECB examines possibility of Greek IOU currency in case of default - sources
-
In fact a competing ccy system could be an exercise in democracy

The Penny Stock Chronicles
dc CB 19:51 GMT 04/17/2015
the 2:15 Index Express left the station right on time.
Will it return to the station? or is it good for another 100 pts all the way to Croton-Harmon.

Dow futures bottomed at 17666...that 666 number again.

CHART POINTS: Free Forex Database
GVI Forex john 19:48 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

ECB
london red 19:43 GMT 04/17/2015
that fib at 10833, might get the chasers going if broken at this late stage. to 73.
JP, ecb adverse scenarios group apparently. dont know whats worse, the idea of these ious or the fact the ecb has a building with a 100+ folk contemplating and trying to solve adverse scenarios. where do i sign up?

GVI Forex john 19:39 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile

Commitment of Trader Report Charts Trader Positions: EUR, JPY, CHF, GBP

Net GBP and CHF COT Positions

Net AUD and CAD COT Positions

ECB
Mtl JP 19:28 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
red that is a grand idea
maybe the Greek can pay his bureaucrats and pensioners thusly
as an experiment

ECB
london red 19:20 GMT 04/17/2015
IOUs. thats what we used to do when we played monopoly. when we ran out of money. as kids.

ECB
Mtl JP 19:11 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
so now Osborne is screaming blue murder about Moscovici's May deadline to the Greek

I guess those who do loud(est) squealing are ones who have lots to lose should the Greek repudiate ?

ECB
ECB 19:05 GMT 04/17/2015
Lots of confetti .

ECB
Mtl JP 19:00 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
well well well ... finally a Babson Break manifesting in person
Athens Stock Exchange General Index
ASE:IND 729.81 22.56 -3.00%

ECB
dc CB 18:48 GMT 04/17/2015

Mario and some other gang members are in Washington this week-end at some party.

party on dude

ECB
Mtl JP 18:37 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
PAR 22:21 GMT April 16, 2015 ECB buying negatively yielding bonds unconstitutional. It is government financing pure sang. Draghi may go to jail for braking the rules
----
Maybe this will inspire you to ape-act : Judge says Brooklyn woman can use Facebook to serve divorce papers and try to serve your nemesis

Mario and some other gang members are in Washington this week-end at some party.

The Penny Stock Chronicles
dc CB 18:30 GMT 04/17/2015
Pump Dump Pump

Virtu makes it another winning day

TBond June

USDJPY at 105
Paris ib 18:15 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
Hamada wasn't kidding.

The Interview

DAX outside week down
london red 18:14 GMT 04/17/2015
JP, if closes at lows on a longer than average daily candle and trades lower from the start then, unless its to go another 2 or more % on monday, you should expect it to trade within the prev days bar to some extent say minimum 20% of fridays range. normally you can buy that initial dip, you'll only be wrong if its going to be another crash day. they often take it a little lower first thing, see if theres momentum, if not itll retrace a bit and wait for more direction. but if on monday it closes down its likely to be more than todays loss.

BUNDESBANK
PAR 18:13 GMT 04/17/2015
Germany Rebuts Lew-Bernanke Criticism of Current Account Surplus

The leaders of Germany’s economy fired back at U.S. criticism of their swelling current-account surplus, arguing it reflects the strength of their companies and the weakness of the euro rather than a lack of domestic demand.

“It would be absurd to discuss whether German competitiveness should be reduced to narrow the current-account surplus,” Bundesbank President Jens Weidmann said in Washington on Friday.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-17/germany-rebuts-lew-bernanke-criticism-of-current-account-surplus

STOX
Paris ib 18:11 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
Correction under way. More to come. Seat belts people.

Password for da old
SaaR KaL 18:06 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
why not use a password that the system will always tell you what it is if you are wrong?;

Your password is; "incorrect"...
LOL

DAX outside week down
Mtl JP 18:05 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
DAX trading hours
Mon - Fri 06:00GMT - 20:00GMT
is that so ?
-----------
IF DAX closes down on its lows on Friday (I am seeing it off -2.9-ish% on the day), odds are for a down Monday ?

eurusd
GVI Forex john 17:48 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
follow- up on the 100 hr vs 200hr moving averages
Last
100hr 1.0670
200hr 1.0689

they appear to be slated for a cross-over in the low 1.0690's early next week unless spot prices start to move faster, or stop rising.

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 17:47 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
0 , leader of the indispensable nation and presiding over national debt recently having topped $18 trillion, dispensing directives to the Greek
- enact structural reforms
- improve its tax collection
- reduce bureaucracy and
- enact more flexible labor practices

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john 17:34 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
Global-View Week ahead Planning Guide for Trading

Conclusions:
ECB monetary Policy has been locked in until well into 2016. It increasingly has been resulting in negative interest rates well out the curve. They will be a chronic weight on the EUR until this policy can be lifted. The falling 2-yr German schatz is a manifestation of that policy.

Fed policy signals have been mixed. In sum, the Fed is preparing the markets for an eventual slight increase in the Fed Funds target, but is assuring markets that any policy tightening will be extremely gradual. U.S. economic indicators remain mixed.

The first half of the upcoming week is a mixed one for data.

Monday, April 20 sees the New Zealand quarterly CPI release.

Tuesday, April 21 sees the German ZEW Survey. This is often used as a predictor of the IFO Survey due on Friday.

German ZEW Survey. Mixed, Expectations below Conditions.

On Wednesday April 22, quarterly Australian CPI data will be closely watched. U.S. Existing Homes Sales later that day is the most important U.S. Housing statistic.

Stocks Dumped as China Changes the Rules
Paris ib 17:24 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
New York Times is going with 'it's all over in China'.

Latest Victim of Chinese Bubble

TIC data for February 2015
nw kw 17:19 GMT 04/17/2015
s&P is in 20 year bull run,might be off his rocker or not

Stocks Dumped as China Changes the Rules
Paris ib 17:19 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
"the Shanghai Composite Index closed at a seven-year high on Friday"....the new rules announced "immediately caused Chinese stock market futures to crash by 6%. A similar move in U.S. markets would be a 1,000 point crash in the Dow"

An overview worth a look

GVI Forex john 17:17 GMT 04/17/2015
9-yr was negative at one point but ended slightly positive. It is just a matter of time until yields on 9s and 10s flip negative.

Mtl JP 17:17 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
Fick die Henne - 0.07% for ten years

Paris ib 17:12 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
See for yourself.

German bond yields

Mtl JP 17:09 GMT 04/17/2015  - My Profile
someone is telling me German 9 yr bunds already negative yield
only 10-yr missing apparently

nw kw 17:07 GMT 04/17/2015
bubble will not end until det is not cheap 5 years or so or 10/ usd 30y t bond looks bad

Next Page

MUST READ ARTICLES

Don't Fight The Central Banks!

No Rush to Buy Dollars

Ask Your Advocate: My Forex Broker is Not Returning My Funds

Today's Highlighted Currency: EURUSD

Video: Is the EURUSD Headed in a Straight Line for 1.0457?

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105