User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
01/09/15 20:30 C US Weekly Energy con: n/a pre: n/a
FOREX FORUM
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive
BREAKING NEWS
london red 14:04 GMT 09/01/2015
euro. needs to see abv 81/83 to get upside momentum going. yen needs under 50 to clear option related buying. loonie channel at 13089, if oil stays soft they may bounce it there initially. earlier fell a bit short 97 i think b4 rebound.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 14:02 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
U.S. ISM Manufacturing PMI August 2015
U.S. Data Charts

News ALERT

51.1 vs. 52.8 exp. vs. 52.7 prev.
RELEASE: ISM Manufacturing PMI

TTN: Live News Special Offer

BREAKING NEWS
london red 14:00 GMT 09/01/2015
prices paid and new orders pulled ism lower. rest about ok.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 14:00 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
U.S. Construction Spending July 2015
U.S. Data Charts

ALERT
+0.70% vs. +0.80% exp. vs. +0.10% (r +0.70% ) prev.

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 13:46 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Mfg employment 52.4 vs 52.2

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 13:45 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
U.S. Markit FINAL Manufacting PMI August 2015
U.S. Data Charts

ALERT
53.0 vs. 52.9 exp. vs. 52.9 prelim

Markit PMI Press Release

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS !!!
london red 13:45 GMT 09/01/2015
looks like they will want to trade 1957-63 at some stage today (s&p spot)

BREAKING NEWS: Canada Markit PMI in Contraction
GVI Forex Blog 13:35 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile

Canadian PMIs (Ivey and RBC-Markit). Market PMI looking heavy again as oil prices fall.

BREAKING NEWS: Canada Markit PMI in Contraction

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 13:30 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Canada Markit PMI (sa) August 2015

ALERT
49.4 vs. n/a exp. vs. 49.8 prev.

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS !!!
Israel Dil 13:28 GMT 09/01/2015
HFT show for the next 52 minutes in the making, enjoy ;-)

Tuesday's Trading Thread
london red 13:24 GMT 09/01/2015
s&p spot. 50% retrace of rebound from lows is 1914. we did 1917 earlier so not quite there yet. as long as doesnt go below, bulls arent dead yet. for ref spoos some 3 pts lower than spot.

BREAKING NEWS
Mtl JP 13:24 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
NYSE invokes Rule 48 in effort to smooth market open

Tuesday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 13:00 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
CO 46.89

Tuesday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 12:59 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
KEY METRICS
DAX -398
futures
S&P -53.5
DJIA -445

Tuesday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 12:54 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
CO $47.46 -1.74

weight on equities?

FWIW
Livingston nh 12:35 GMT 09/01/2015
Summer's end, FOMC, Migrant Crises and Greek elections all in the next 3 weeks - re: FOMC exit LINK and EUR

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 12:30 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Canada: GDP June 2015

ALERT
m/m +0.50% vs. +0.20% exp. vs. -0.20% () prev.

Tuesday's Trading Thread
ISB XTR 12:26 GMT 09/01/2015
NY JM..

EURUSD - UPDATE
ISB x 06:15 GMT 08/31/2015

http://i.imgur.com/PalOmzG.png
EUR 2 hr.

We gone above the diamond formation so expected tgt of this current break resides to 1.133X; and it be nice if we can get to see it play out.. 1.133X very likely to show some decent retrace so it will be the case of Sultan of swings on this pair with hopefully grind higher. As of now anything to lower 1.14XX comes in as shorting opportunities.
Can still have a run lower to T2 to retest the current breakout TL; but nevertheless 1.133X be a good tgt to possibly set shorts for a retrace back to 1.124X ..

Also posted charts on that day as well..

Found it.......

EURUSD .. Can provoke a bounce....

The corrective drop off 1.17XX down to 1.114X is a huge thing considering it took less than 5 days to wrap it up and as such we are approaching the breakout zone residing to 1.114X zone.
Expecting a possible halt and a hold to here and if it can provoke more than shallow bounces; we can possibly go for a swing to the upside in the early 1.14XX.
It's really a simple chart to follow; while 1.125X will pose a challenge to surpass initially if we can get a decent bounce off 1.114X; the bounce however can get meatier once and if we pass higher to 1.125X.
1.1320 been first true objective if we bounce of 1.114X; with corrective bounce ideally ending likely towards 1.1420-3X spot.
Off here; Considering it gets played out and EURUSD does make it all the way back to 1.1420-3X from the bounce off the breakout trend line retest off 1.114X; the T4 test will provide best shorting opportunities to see T3 breaks and we head to T2 off there.
The dynamics on EURUSD are still bearish. Swings can be bigger than most would anticipate but regardless following simple structure been depicted on charts layout can provide decent opportunities to trade both the trend and the swings.
This is keeping things simple.
Alternatively a break under 1.1130-40 would imply that EURUSD is in a rush to head back under to 1.1000 for an initial target down to 1.10930-5X.

http://i.imgur.com/WOuufOZ.jpg
EURUSD 8 hrs - Complete View of the current Price Action

http://i.imgur.com/oa35PBw.jpg
EURUSD 8 hrs - Same - Close Up..

South Korea Exports Plunge 14.7% in August
Israel Dil 12:25 GMT 09/01/2015
China and S/Korea to downgrade their links much lower.

will China get a beat from western colonialism again?

Tuesday's Trading Thread
NY JM 12:13 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Missed that red, great minds think alike!

South Korea Exports Plunge 14.7% in August
HK RF@ 12:10 GMT 09/01/2015

SEOUL--South Korea said exports posted their sharpest fall in six years in August as shipments slumped to China, the country's largest export destination, amid concerns about a slowdown in the world's second-largest economy.

The South Korean data provide the first picture of trade for the full month of August in the region after a currency devaluation in China on Aug. 11, which was followed by wild financial market gyrations and jitters about sputtering Chinese growth.
South Korean exports shrank 14.7% from a year earlier in August to $39.33 billion, according to provisional data from the Ministry of Trade, Industries and Energy. The August reading missed a market expectation for a decline of 10%. Exports have been in decline for eight months in a row.

Shipments to China, which absorbs a quarter of Korea's total exports, dropped 8.8% in August from a year earlier. Exports to the eurozone, another.
Shipments of cars, petrochemical products, ships, steel, machinery and other goods--except for cell phones and computer chips--slumped to nearly all export destinations, including China. Exports account for about half of South Korean economic output.

The impact of China's slowdown and recent market turmoil is expected to be "far and wide," especially for South Korea, said HSBC economist Frederic Neumann.

Tuesday's Trading Thread
london red 12:04 GMT 09/01/2015
JM, you didnt look hard enough, scroll down to my comments earlier :)

Sultan of Swings...
ISB XTR 11:50 GMT 09/01/2015
Sultan of Swings..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ffIJ7ZO4U

[3:12:46 PM] Te: But GU
[3:12:47 PM] Stryker: just gone longs again on ECAD to the lows
[3:52:08 PM] Stryker: http://i.imgur.com/IWvJMq5.jpg
[3:52:12 PM] Stryker: This is what we did
[3:52:14 PM] Stryker: ecad 15 mins
[3:52:41 PM] Stryker: I can use the GA to get slaughter now
[4:20:43 PM] Stryker: R u enjoying this

Tuesday's Trading Thread
NY JM 11:35 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
No one mentioned this but EURUSD held the 200 hour mva around its HOD (1.1332)

Tuesday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 11:31 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
CO $48.27 -0.93

SPX - Just a Tech View
ISB XTR 11:30 GMT 09/01/2015
I shared this last time hinting we head to 1942.. We under to it now.

http://i.imgur.com/kk4MD9w.jpg
SPX 8 hrs.

Off weekly we have channel supp to 1900 zone but a better corrective drop should find its way to 173X..

http://i.imgur.com/kk4MD9w.jpg
SPX Weekly...

Tuesday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 11:17 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
It could. All you can do is watch it. I gave up trying to predict short -term swings in oil long ago. I get the feeling that the oil market is heavily influenced by market manipulators.

Longer term its a supply and demand equation and there is a ton of supply out there.

Tuesday's Trading Thread
jkt abel 11:13 GMT 09/01/2015
john, do you see oil adding fuel to the fire later?

Tuesday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 11:08 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
The big move was in the Nikkei (-3.84%). Japan blames China for its recent weakness. I wonder of the sudden JPY strength today was due to capital repatriations to cover the Nikkei fall?

Tuesday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 10:42 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
KEY METRICS
DAX -249

futures
S&P -41
DJIA -329

better than earlier

EURUSD stabilizibg

Tuesday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 10:39 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
These data being cited for weaker stocks emanating from the Far East

China PMIs weak. Both below 50 expansion line.

BREAKING NEWS: China PMIs Weak

Tuesday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 10:36 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Watching S&P futures trying to struggle higher. I wonder if the U.S. can shake off the China news. Slight bounce in S&P seeing EURUSD weakening.

Global-View Trading Technologies
GVI Forex john bland 10:10 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile

xxx/jpy/xxx
Israel Dil 10:09 GMT 09/01/2015
ab, buying jpy

WTI
Israel Dil 10:06 GMT 09/01/2015
the taking profit will take place today/tomorrow by SELLING C40 options far as possible into the future.

it doesn't need rocket science calculator to realize why this is much more profitable to book profits

MM

xxx/jpy/xxx
hk ab 10:03 GMT 09/01/2015
Dil, when you said "loading jpy", are you buying yen or selling yen? TIA.

september 2015 (ccys)
jkt abel 10:03 GMT 09/01/2015
agree with Dil re. euro
just have to play from short side, nothing else

xxx/jpy/xxx
Paris ib 09:55 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Volatility ahead. Longer term direction is pretty clear IMVHO but the volatility getting there could be a killer.

xxx/jpy/xxx
Israel Dil 09:52 GMT 09/01/2015
loading JPY from here on regular base... for few weeks for "crazy" moves ahead

MM

september 2015 (ccys)
Israel Dil 09:50 GMT 09/01/2015
eur/usd sub 1.05
usd/rub sub 60
eur/try sub 3

USD/JPY: the canary in the coal mine
Paris ib 09:34 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Canary singing fit to bust.

Tuesday's Trading Thread
GVI Forex john bland 09:17 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
KEY METRICS
DAX -282

futures
S&P -44
DJIA -363

USD/JPY
HK RF@ 09:15 GMT 09/01/2015
Sell USDJPY
Entry: ~119.90 Target: 118.40 Stop: 120.40

x

Equities Off To Very Weak Start. PMIs Mixed. RBA Steady As Expected
GVI Forex john bland 09:13 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Sharp declines in Far East and European equity markets have seen U.S. equity future plummet. Lower Equity prices tend to drive the EURUSD higher. A sell-off in crude is another weight on stox.

sell euro
jkt abel 09:11 GMT 09/01/2015
will try sell euro again starting 1.1310 tonight, stop above 1.1370

GVI Forex Blog 09:06 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile

USD Pivot Points, Support and Resistance Levels. Chart Point tables.

BREAKING NEWS: Australia PMI Bounces Back
Sydney ACC 09:04 GMT 09/01/2015
Kiwi getting canned.
Down 1.5 US cents since yesterday morning.

GVI Forex Blog 09:02 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile

1 SEPTEMBER 2015, 09:10 GMT >> FOREX NEWS  >> PMIs mixed >> GB-Mfg big miss (see forum for data >> AU-RBA policy steady as expected >>US/CA PMIs DUE  FOREX >> USD mixed,  EUR CROSSES: higher, COMMODITY CURRENCIES weaker >> EQUITIES: FAR EAST- lower, EUROPE- lower, U

BREAKING NEWS
GVI Forex john bland 09:00 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
EZ Unemployment July 2015

ALERT
10.9% vs. 11.10% exp. vs. 11.10% (r ) prev.

Direct links to primary data sources

EURAUD
Paris ib 08:58 GMT 09/01/2015  - My Profile
Day traders may like to short the EUR/AUD. Anyone with a longer term horizon would be well advised to buy the dip. This is going higher. Year end should see us significantly above 1.6000.

Next Page

MUST READ ARTICLES

Forex Trading Outlook for the Week of August 31, 2015

U.S. Jobs Data Critical To September Rate Hike Decision

Markets Stabilize Following Equity Correction

Ms Yellen, It is Time to Muzzle Your Troops

Are Global Markets Broken?

The Right Advice Can Make a Real Difference

More..

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2014 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105