User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
FOREX FORUM
21/04/14 0:00 MONDAY con: pre:
21/04/14 0:00 CH Holiday con: n/a pre: n/a
21/04/14 0:00 EZ Holiday con: n/a pre: n/a
21/04/14 0:00 GB Holiday con: n/a pre: n/a
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive

SHARE and Compare your broker experiences. We
NEED your quality reviews Thanks!
Relaxing story
CH Xing 08:44 GMT 04/19/2014
Story time

story time

EURUSD
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 02:54 GMT 04/19/2014  - My Profile
As John posted on GVI Forex

Commitment of Traders Report
GVI Forex john 20:19 GMT 04/18/2014 - My Profile
Our last five EURUSD closes
M 1.3820
T 1.3813
W 1.3813
T 1.3814
F 1.3818

Long Weekend Reads
Mtl JP 01:44 GMT 04/19/2014  - My Profile
dc CB that belongs to Mark Twain
-
Global Financial Stability Report - IMF April 2014

Interesting Figure 1.8 chart, to pick one.

Long Weekend Reads
dc CB 00:48 GMT 04/19/2014
pls for give the tyypoes

Long Weekend Reads
dc CB 00:39 GMT 04/19/2014
History dosen't repeat...but it rhymes..(annon)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There couldn't possibly be another war, Norman Angell was sure of that. His 1911 book The Great Illusion became a wordwide best seller. In 1913... the fourth edition is published.

As ever more vexing noises push their wasy northwards from the Balkans that early summer, the intellectuals in Berlin, Munich and Vienna are abel to calm their nerves by reading the British publicist's book.

In it Angell expounds his theory that the era ow globalization renders world wars impossible, becaue all countries are now economically interlinked to such a high degree. He also says that, alsongside the economic networks, close international ties in communication and abovee all in the world of finance mean that any war would be preposterous. He argues that, even if the German military wanted to pit its strength against England, there is 'no establishment of significance in Germany, which would ot suffer greatly'. This he claims would prevent war, because 'the entire German finacial world would exert its influence over the German government, thereby putting atop to a situation which would be ruinous for German trade'.

the President of Stanford University, utters these great words.....'The Great WAr in Europe, that eternal threat. will never come. The bankers won't come up with the money needed for such a war, and industry won't support it, so the statemen simply won't be able to do it. There will be no Great War'

p129, 1913 The Year Before the Storm, Florian Illies

Obama is a SISI (VIDEO)
HK RF@ 15:01 GMT 04/18/2014

VIDEO

Chart Points - Free FX Database
GVI Forex john 13:11 GMT 04/18/2014  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

Good Friday FX Market
London Misha 13:09 GMT 04/18/2014  - My Profile
Just in case anyone needs levels on majors today as we go into the New York market (on the wide!).

EURUSD 1.3819 - 1.3921
USDJPY 102.36 - 102.39
GBPUSD 1.6788 - 1.6793
USDCHF 0.8824 - 0.8829
AUDUSD 0.9333 - 0.9339
USDCAD 1.1012 - 1.1017

Happy Easter!

De-escalation
HK RF@ 12:26 GMT 04/18/2014

SBU ramping up security operations in Kharkiv Oblast, plans to cordon off separatists in Donetsk; insurgents in Donetsk refuse to surrender occupied buildings

Ranges
Amsterdam Purk 11:24 GMT 04/18/2014  - My Profile
Good day, nice ranges today. Expect range expansion next couple of weeks in e/u.
Money maker: e/try/ special thanks to Dil. Money and mouth....

Week Ahead
GVI Forex Blog 11:16 GMT 04/18/2014  - My Profile
US recovery signals remain mixed, as Yellen re-emphasises dovish stance

• Peripheral European bond markets surge on hopes of ECB stimulus; PMIs watched

• Late Easter to weigh on UK retail sales, but strong labour market data dominate

ECONOMIC DATA ANALYSIS - ECB STIMULUS HOPES GROW

Global Markets News
GVI Forex Blog 11:12 GMT 04/18/2014  - My Profile
FX markets were little changed as European participant were out for the Good Friday holiday. Overall looking ahead markets will gauge the April CPI and, the value of the EUR as extremely important bellwether to the outlook for easing at the ECB.

TradeTheNews.com EU Market Update: EU Commisison said to consider an extension to France on deficit; Markets quiet for long holiday weekend

GVI Forex Blog 08:12 GMT 04/18/2014  - My Profile
- (CN) CHINA MAR NEW HOME PRICES M/M: PRICES RISE IN 56 OF 70 CITIES V 57 PRIOR; Y/Y: PRICES RISE IN 69 OF 70 CITIES V 69 PRIOR - (JP) JAPAN FEB TERTIARY INDUSTRY INDEX M/M: -1.0% V +0.2%E (biggest de

TradeTheNews.com Asian Market Update: China property prices slow further; Four-party talks on Ukraine reach agreement on de-escalation** - Source TradeTheNews.com

Global Markets News
Mtl JP 04:59 GMT 04/18/2014  - My Profile
Obama: Russia doesn’t want ‘any kind of military confrontation with us’ - washingtonpost

"They’re not interested in any kind of military confrontation with us, understanding that our conventional forces are significantly superior to the Russians. We don’t need a war," Obama said

my analysis, 10.26 Jakarta Time
Indonesia-Solo Raden Mas 03:27 GMT 04/18/2014

raden mas

my analysis
Indonesia-Solo Raden Mas 02:17 GMT 04/18/2014

raden mas

3 for the price of 1
ithaca sjm 02:17 GMT 04/18/2014
sell euro/cad, sell stg/cad, buy aud/nZ$. Three trades for a 3 month time frame. monthly rsi trade. check it once a week.

AceTrader Apr 18: Intra-Day Market Moving News and Views USD/JPY
Hong Kong AceTrader 02:13 GMT 04/18/2014
Intra-Day Market Moving News and Views USD/JPY

18 Apr 2014 01:29GMT

USD/JPY - 102.50.. Japan's FinMin Taro Aso who said Japanese govt's June growth strategy will include GPIF (Government Pension Investment Fund, the pension fund for Japanese public sector employees).

In Thur's NY session, Japan's 5th largest life insurer, Mitsui Life Insurance, plans to increase its yen bond holdings by about 100 bln yen ($97 mil) in the financial year to March, its investment planning manager said on Thur.
Yoichiro Matsuta, the head of investment planning depart., told a news conference that the company also plans to raise its foreign bond holdings by about 50 bln yen, including those with n without currency-hedging.

18 Apr 2014 01:18GMT
USD/JPY - 102.53.. Usd regained traction in Thur's NY session as release of upbeat U.S. data lent support to the greenback. Later, breaking news of a joint statement following 4-way talks in Geneva on the crisis in Ukraine ended with an accord which was aimed at taking the first steps of reducing recent tensions in the conflict (see our update at 16:42GMT) boosted risk sentiment, dlr rallied broadly, the pair climbed abv Wed's 102.37 high to 102.47. Another wave of st speculative buying in the dlr emerged at Tokyo open as the Nikkei continues its near term upmove, dlr hit an intra-day high of 102.57.

Despite intra-day resumption of this week's erratic upmove, beware of a swift pullback in this holiday-thinned Tokyo session as literally all key centres are closed for the Easter Friday holiday, so intra-day volatility may increase when Tokyo market ends.

Global Markets News
Mtl JP 21:59 GMT 04/17/2014  - My Profile
tky. crude probably tells the best story

Fixed Income Snapshot
nw kw 21:41 GMT 04/17/2014
gbp can move us bond

Oil
nw kw 21:38 GMT 04/17/2014

see it in chart but gbp/aud reversing .8 and g/cat strong

Oil
nw kw 21:32 GMT 04/17/2014
xaugbp strongest so then the markets see a higher possibility of a rate increase, and that is positive for the GBP

tracking gbp in new week, BoE april.23

Oil
Cambridge Joe 21:19 GMT 04/17/2014
Looks to me like oil is still very high. Wednesday Thursday sees a significant turn south IMO.

Perhaps conflict is still only at the rumour stage. (rumor) !

Global Markets News
Cambridge Joe 21:08 GMT 04/17/2014
CB Good and valid points well made.

I was thinking on a smaller scale ie. a position floating at the time of a suspension assuming zero notice period, would remain in stasis until the market re-opened.

A gap of a few hundred pips, or more, would have no respect for a stop-loss.

That said, these gaps always seem to respect TPs.... Hmmmm.

Funny that !

Global Markets News
dc CB 20:33 GMT 04/17/2014
Joe

I'm less worried about a shootin war that will shut down the markets...than a cyber war that will "take out" some important thingie...that then will shut down the markets along with communications - so I won't even know the markets are shut, along my ability to grind coffee beans in the AM...get water from my well.

Global Markets News
Cambridge Joe 20:12 GMT 04/17/2014
CB just a quick point before some rest, if it does go septic over UKR, the markets might well be shut down / suspended....

Peace out .

Global Markets News
dc CB 20:09 GMT 04/17/2014

In 50 Years, when the students open up their history books, I want them to be reading my name. And not just for being the First Black President of the USA.

Barack Obama

Chart Points - Free FX Database
GVI Forex john 19:38 GMT 04/17/2014  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

Global Markets News
dc CB 19:23 GMT 04/17/2014

So it seems like the US Bond market woke up today and said "Who TF is going to pay for this new Obama War...with the F&*&in Ruskies". Hey Ketchup Man...how much you gonna kick in?

Grandma 'splain it to me pleeeze!

GL to anyone trading on "the day we hung Him on the Cross"

GWE

Long Weekend Reads
dc CB 19:16 GMT 04/17/2014
The Sleepwalkers: How Europe went to war in 1914
Christopher Clark

1913 The Year Before the Storm
Florian Illies

Global Markets News
dc CB 18:53 GMT 04/17/2014

Mtl JP 17:55 GMT
dc CB did the 4-some have their pressconf finally ?

yes, just after 1:00 ET...that's when those Kerry quotes hit

(they left out the Andri remark which of course was censored in the US: "Dude your face is pulled so tight, but we can all see the folds on your neck")

But according to RT, it was all for nought.

Kiev: Military operation in Ukraine southeast to go on despite Geneva agreement

Fixed Income Snapshot
GVI Forex john 18:27 GMT 04/17/2014  - My Profile
Late in European trade, prices in prime fixed income markets are ending weaker in response the equity rallies. It is looking like another short squeeze? The peripheral European bond prices are mixed.

European bourses closied higher. U.S. bourses are stronger. Far East stock markets closed mixed earlier. The U.S. 10-yr was last 2.72%, +8 bp.

Global Markets News
Mtl JP 17:55 GMT 04/17/2014  - My Profile
dc CB did the 4-some have their pressconf finally ?
-
Canada's PM Harper is sending 6 F-18s and 20 military "advisor's to NATO european HQ.

USD
london red 17:11 GMT 04/17/2014
usdjpy res 44 55 ultimately 84 should cap if 101 to stay within view. If higher then 104.50 will be possible.

Global Markets News
dc CB 17:11 GMT 04/17/2014
no more reason to run for "safe havens" ...oh and so much for $105 oil...

KERRY SAYS GENEVA MEETING AMOUNTS TO `GOOD DAY'S WORK'
KERRY: UKRAINE REAFFIRMED COMMITMENT TO REFORM CONSTITUTION
KERRY: UKRAINE GOVT WILL HOLD BROAD NATIONAL DIALOG ON CRISIS
KERRY: ALL PARTIES TO SECURE UKRAINE FINCL, ECONOMIC STABILITY
KERRY SAYS GENEVA PARTIES MUST FOLLOW WORDS WITH ACTIONS
KERRY: MORE SANCTIONS IF NO ACTIONS FROM RUSSIA THIS WEEKEND
KERRY SAYS GENEVA TALKS ON UKRAINE ARE `JUST THE BEGINNING'

Calendar -- Daily Forex Data News
GVI Forex john 17:01 GMT 04/17/2014  - My Profile

April 17, 2014 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Friday, April 18. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS RELEASES: AU/nZ, Europe/US/CA- Holiday.
  • Far East: No Major Data.
  • Europe: No Major Data.
  • North America: US- Commitment of Traders Report.

EURUSD
Cambridge Joe 16:39 GMT 04/17/2014

Cambridge Joe 08:02:47 GMT - 04/17/2014
Eurusd softer going forward and across into the new trading week.... !! IMO. GL

------------------

That's more or less what I had in mind.... more to follow in the new trading period I believe... GL GT & good a Easter break to all.

USD
tokyo ginko 16:38 GMT 04/17/2014
usd across the board, strengthening into the long weekend, perhaps some short covering or safe haven movement..

April 2014 U.S. Philly Fed Index
dc CB 16:33 GMT 04/17/2014

EKG reading today is getting back to where Gammy said ---Oh about 6 months!===
They brouhgt in the crash cart and yelled Clear a bunch of times.
And the family ---but Gammy didn't really mean it---Gammy dosen't really want to kill us.
Gammy dosen't want to see it flatlines.

And this morning, up in Canuck land, they peered over the snowpile and saw INFLATION!!!!

Global Markets News
GVI Forex 16:31 GMT 04/17/2014
Bond yields up, dollar up

4/17/2014 12:16:25 PM (UR) Four-party talks on Ukraine in Geneva joint statement: Approves initial steps to de-escalate situation in Ukraine; illegal armed groups should be disarmed
- Parties have agreed to continue to meet in other formats

Russia Foreign Min Lavrov:
- Ukraine buildings must be freed
- Parties call for dialog
- OSCE will expand its monitoring mission in Ukraine
- There must be constitutional change in Ukraine
- Ukrainians must resolve the crisis themselves
- Russia wants broader authority for Ukraine regions and more scope for Russian language in Ukraine

- Note: The US, Russia, Ukraine and the EU are discussing Ukraine today in Geneva.

- Source TradeTheNews.com

Your Best Trade of the Day
Mtl JP 16:28 GMT 04/17/2014  - My Profile
sl 102.325 hit

Global Markets News
GVI Forex Blog 15:49 GMT 04/17/2014  - My Profile
The FX market has been pretty quiet heading into the Easter holiday, even in the wake of the negative German March PPI reading. This marks the third consecutive month that German PPI has been flat or down, which bodes ill for the threat of deflation. EUR/USD barely reacted and pivoted around 1.3837 overnight.

TradeTheNews.com US Market Update: Markets Calm Ahead of Easter Holiday

NEWS: MERSCH: IF FOREX DEVELS CONTINUE, REACTION BY ECB INEVITABLE...
Mtl JP 15:42 GMT 04/17/2014  - My Profile
DEVELS .. is that
DEV!LS or
LEVELS ?
no need to comment ...

NEWS: MERSCH: IF FOREX DEVELS CONTINUE, REACTION BY ECB INEVITABLE...
GVI Forex 15:39 GMT 04/17/2014  - My Profile
NEWS: MERSCH: IF FOREX DEVELS CONTINUE, REACTION BY ECB INEVITABLE
MERSCH: FOREX DEVELS INCREASINGLY IMPACTING EUROZONE INFLATION
MERSCH: WE DON'T REACT TO VOLATILE MONTHLY DATA

Source: Market News International (MNI) – A Deutsche Börse company

Your Best Trade of the Day
eu pat 15:23 GMT 04/17/2014
I am checking my position now and I want toupdate it before going to church. Today was very clear setup Eur long. It worked during EU seanse but it changed very strongly. Maybe due US and CAD datas, maybe about worries about Ukraine during long weekend, maybe only a lot of small trades is at long side...For me is now bias flat or slightly down..or better say mess..I do not trade setup like this (50:50), it is gambling for me. So closed long eur/usd for a few pips..

Is it Safe to Fiollow a Trade Call?
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 14:33 GMT 04/17/2014  - My Profile
This is a good article for our forum

Is it Safe to Fiollow a Trade Call?

Next Page

Test Drive a Better Broker

forex brokersNEW! Global-View best brokers list section.  ASK US. for info.

Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2012 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105