User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?

Market Tracker

Click to refresh 5 mins after data release to update clock
FOREX FORUM
17/09/14 8:30 A GB ILO Unemploy con: 6.30% pre: 6.40%
17/09/14 8:30 A GB Avg Earn x-bonus con: 0.70% pre: 0.60%
17/09/14 8:30 A GB Avg Earn + bonus con: 0.50% pre: -0.20%
17/09/14 8:30 A GB Claimant Count k Mar con: -30 pre: -33.6
17/09/14 8:30 A GB BOE Minutes con: n/a pre: n/a
Post Message View: Classic | Thread  Refresh: off | on
  Forum Directory    Archive

GVI Forex Blog 04:26 GMT 09/17/2014  - My Profile
- (AU) AUSTRALIA AUG WESTPAC LEADING INDEX M/M: -0.1% V -0.1% PRIOR (2nd consecutive decline) - (NZ) NEW ZEALAND Q2 CURRENT ACCOUNT BALANCE (NZ$): -1.07B V -1.00BE; CURRENT ACCOUNT GDP RATIO YTD: -2.5

TradeTheNews.com Asian Market Update: China banks rally on CNY500B standing liquidity facility ***Economic Data*** - Source TradeTheNews.com

Using Pivot Points to Trade Forex Part III
GVI Forex Jay Meisler 03:55 GMT 09/17/2014  - My Profile

How to use Pivot Points in trading: Pivots gained notoriety amongst the open outcry trading community especially by locals who needed a methodology to establish support and resistance for short term scalping opportunities. Today’s locals have morphed into anyone day trading. However today’s day traders do not create liquidity. They tend to fall into the category of momentum traders looking for quick movements hither and thither but in reality the old saw of buy on dips and sell on pops is an equally valid methodology where the only missing element is time

Using Pivot Points to Trade Forex (Part III)

Australian export risk on China dirty coal ban
Syd 03:49 GMT 09/17/2014
which could expose the industry to billions of dollars in lost sales as China seeks to cut air pollution.
The Chinese government is to limit the use of imported coal with more than 16 per cent ash and 3 per cent sulphur from January 1, 2015, in a bid to improve air quality, especially in the major cities such as Beijing and around Shanghai.
At the same time, China is moving to force power utilities to slash coal import volumes, also with the stated aim of improving air quality, although this move will primarily give China's local coalminers a lift.

link

Forex News
GVI Forex Blog 03:33 GMT 09/17/2014  - My Profile
* WSJ reports Fed may not sound as hawkish as markets expect

* China bank liquidity speculation lifts Aussie

* Fed meeting outcome next in focus

FOREX-Dollar on edge as Fed language eyed, Aussie surges

GVI Forex Blog 03:27 GMT 09/17/2014  - My Profile
A Chinese stimulus of nearly $81 billion boosted the markets everywhere

Morning Briefing : 17-Sep-2014 -0327 GMT

AceTrader Sept 17: Intra-Day News & Views (USD/CAD) & data to be released today
Hong Kong AceTrader 01:57 GMT 09/17/2014
Intra-Day Market Moving New and Views USD/CAD

17 Sep 2014 USD/CAD
Yesterday the news conference by Bank of Canada, Poloz's views & statement:
Bank of Canada is neutral on interest rates;
Poloz: asked about dropping neutral bias, says will give all the new data full consideration at next monetary policy report.
What happens next on the economy is still a big question mark for us.
Still a strong case for waiting and seeing.
Housing sector's bounce back from winter was a little more rigorous than we expected to see.
Base case remains that pieces are in place for gradual reduction in household imbalances.
Could take a year for jobs to return after pickup of exports.
Believes there is some slack in job market not measured by jobless rate, but it is hard to measure.
Estimates about 200,000 youth have withdrawn from workforce, maybe another 100,000 in prime age category are discouraged.
Canadian rates are already higher than U.S. rates.

Earlier news: "the Bank of Canada is not trying to manipulate or even guide markets as to the value of the Canadian dollar" Governor Stephen Poloz said on Tuesday, adding that this gives the bank freedom not to match possible U.S. interest rate hikes.
"floating rates helped Canada ride the tides of the global economy without overheating or unduly slowing."
"Trying to hold the dollar constant would give us larger fluctuations in unemployment, output and inflation, and in the end would not help us maintain our international competitiveness."

Many analysts have suggested Poloz, former head of Export Development Canada, prefers a weak currency in order to boost the exports, are needed to take over from households as the driver of growth. The Canadian dollar has fallen 7 percent against the U.S. greenback since he took office.

Wednesday will see the release of New Zealand's current account, Bank of England minutes, U.K. average earnings, claimant count unemployment, ILO unemployment, Swiss ZEW investor sentiment, eurozone inflation, U.S. core CPI, CPI, current account, NAHB housing market index, FOMC rate decision and monetary policy statement.

More on Coal
Sydney ACC 01:12 GMT 09/17/2014
It's far from uncommon for Chinese policy initiatives to be somewhat opaque. That seems to be the case with the proposed restrictions on the use of relatively dirty coal.
Make no mistake, China wants and needs to clean up its coal act, but Beijing isn't about to slash coal consumption overnight and, looking through the headlines, Australia's coal export volumes aren't going to crash next year.
Standard Bank's Melinda Moore is a bulks analyst who doesn't just cover the Chinese industry but gets invited to speak to the Chinese industry. She sees a considerable difference between the apparent headline impact of the National Development and Reform Commission's draft policy (note that it is still a draft) and what will happen in the furnace.
"The market is still trying to gauge the impact of various recent Chinese policies, with details confusing to interpret on planned coal bans," Ms Moore wrote to clients overnight. And there's plenty to be confused about,

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/comment-and-analysis/there8217s-fire-in-our-china-coal-exports-yet-20140917-10hy62.html#ixzz3DWzS4IK9

China Introduces Restrictions On Coal Imports
Sydney ACC 22:41 GMT 09/16/2014
Australian coal exporters are scrambling to clarify the fallout from changes to China's coal import rules, which could expose the industry to billions of dollars in lost sales as China seeks to cut air pollution.

The Chinese government is to limit the use of imported coal with more than 16 per cent ash and 3 per cent sulphur from January 1, 2015 in a bid to improve air quality, especially in cities such as Beijing and around Shanghai.

At the same time, China is moving to force power utilities to slash coal import volumes, also with the stated aim of improving air quality, although this move will primarily give China's local coalminers a lift.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/risky-business-china-dumps-our-dirty-coal-20140916-3fvpf.html#ixzz3DWNAxeHU

Calendar -- Daily Forex Data News
GVI Forex john 21:40 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile

September 16, 2014 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS for Wednesday, September 17. Updated: Trading News Events Calendar

HIGH IMPACT NEWS: JP- Trade, GB- Unemployment, EZ- Final HICP, Current Account, CPI, FOMC
  • Far East: JP- Trade
  • Europe: GB- Unemployment, EZ- Final HICP
  • North America: US- Weekly Mortgages, Current Account, CPI, NAHB Index, Weekly Crude, Fed Decision+Press Conference

USD/VND
Toronto WR 21:39 GMT 09/16/2014
Buy Trade Set-Up
Entry: Target: Stop:

Looking for a broker in Canada or the US that carries this pairing on their trading platform. If anyone knows of one, please email me at wade@kilnhaus.com

Thank you and all the very best everyone.

Chart Points -- Pivot Point Trading System
GVI Forex john 21:25 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile

Daily ranges and latest spot rates updated on today's Pivot Point table. Click on chart icon to store table in a tab at the top of most browsers for easy reference.

Weekly Trading Planner
New York GVI Forex 21:06 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
WEDNESDAY
0:30 JP Trade Japan big exporter
8:30 GB Unemployment  top growth measure
8:30 GB BOE Minutes  BOE Policy statement
9:00 EZ Final Inflation key to ECB policy
12:30 US Current Account widest trade measure
12:30 US CPI  key Fed target
18:00 FRB Fed Rates & Press Conference Fed policy decision THURSDAY
Scotland Referendum
7:30 CH SNB Swiss Monetary policy decision
8:30 GB Ret Sls U.K. consumer demand mm  
12:30 US Initial Claims weekly U.S. jobs data
12:30 US House Starts key housing statistic
12:45 FRB Yellen Washington post-meeting speech
14:00 US Philly Fed regional sentiment survey
FRIDAY
12:30 CA CPI top BOC policy target

GVI Forex john 21:01 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile

Latest Selected daily USD and EUR based Pivot Points. See Chart Point tables for complete data.

Basis previous session ranges. Spot and ranges at top of page are current.

Using Pivot Points in Forex Trading:
A Simple but Effective Trading System

Tuesday
dc CB 20:58 GMT 09/16/2014
more on the China headline.
Hilzeee rally not much.

Mo Free Money drove it, not the promise of a word change

chart from ZH

Weekly US API Data
GVI Forex john 20:41 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile

NEWS ALERT
(Estimates and Previous data for EIA Survey)
Crude Oil: +3.300 vs. -1.00 exp vs. -0.970 prev.
Gasoline: -1.200 vs. 0.00 exp vs. -2.380 prev.
Distillates: +1.00 vs. +1.000 exp vs. +4.090 prev.
Cap/Util: 93.10% vs. 92.10% exp vs. 93.90% prev.

TTN: Live News Special Offer

Tuesday
london red 20:36 GMT 09/16/2014
the doves have them raising in july. lets take yellen as the dove she is and take her first initial reaction to length of considerable time. ie. 6 months. so they have the december meet to remove considerable time essentially. if they want to leave it that late. which they probably do. but it is six months folk, just remember that when the time comes.

Tuesday
GVI Forex john 20:35 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
nh= just his opinion. We all have opinions. He has not been terribly accurate with his forecasts.

Tuesday
Livingston nh 20:32 GMT 09/16/2014
Hilsenrath ?? - He may be right but that means the FOMC is wrong - the level is the key because it determines profit or loss // every rate to the 10 yr is negative

Tuesday
GVI Forex 20:14 GMT 09/16/2014
Australia & NZ Morning Thoughts.
Imre Speizer

Two unrelated pieces of news were the catalysts for a surge in risk appetite overnight. WSJ Fedwatcher Hilsenrath opined the FOMC would not change its key guidance language that rates would remain low for a "considerable period of time". The PBOC injected CNY 500bn of fresh liquidity into China's five largest banks, according to Sina.com. The US dollar fell sharply, and US equities rose, the S&P500 currently up 0.9%.

Westpac NZ

Scotland
Livingston nh 20:10 GMT 09/16/2014
This is like MacBeth's 3 witches -- interpretation

Scotland
GVI Forex john 20:07 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
Opinium Research Poll likely to show YES vote at 48%,
NO at 52% - Tweet-

Source TradeTheNews.com

Cable
Livingston nh 20:05 GMT 09/16/2014
Interest rates will call the tune on GBP/USD -- Scotland vote is an EU problem

Scotland
london red 20:04 GMT 09/16/2014
nh, absolutely. net money flows into scotland. its likely germany without the pigs. a german only euro would be at 1.8 vs the dollar. as for cable, it would be a bit like the old d-mark if not quite the same given the differing financial situation between germany then and uk now. as for pricing, after a couple of years it would certainly trade at some sort of premium to the cable of old. but i dont see them voting yes as scots have too much to lose. binaries still around 78/100 for the no fwiw.

July 2014 U.S. TIC flows
GVI Forex john 20:04 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile

ALERT

Net Capital Flows USDb:57.7 vs. n/a vs. -153.5 (r -142.0) prev.
Long-Term Flows USDb: -18.6 vs. +25.0 exp. vs. -18.7 prev.

RELEASE: U.S. TIC Data

TTN: Live News Special Offer

Scotland
GVI Forex john 20:00 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
Scotsman Poll CORRECTED at its source
48% YEs 48% NO

FOMC
Livingston nh 19:57 GMT 09/16/2014
jp - watch for the "patience" or "patient" term to replace considerable time -- Yellen may adopt that G'span word in her press conference

Scotland
GVI Forex john 19:56 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
GBP falls

Scotland
GVI Forex john 19:55 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
ICM/Scotsman Scotland independence poll: 52% YES vs 48% NO
(prior ICM poll 49% YES versus 51% NO
- Source TradeTheNews.com

Scotland
Livingston nh 19:45 GMT 09/16/2014
Despite market fear of uncertainty the withdrawal of Scotland from the UK could be Pound Positive (unless the clans resort to border raids for sustenance)

The population and GDP contribution of Scotland is less than 10% - so it's a wash as far as England is concerned --
a more homogenous nation has traditionally been stronger economically than one that is concerned about "the other guy"

FOMC
Mtl JP 19:41 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
nh FED will corner itself somewhat if they keep their ‘considerable time’

Chart Points - Free FX Database
GVI Forex john 19:38 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile

UPDATED. Global-View Free FX Database. High-Low-Close data for over a dozen currency pairs for well over a decade of data in Excel spreadsheet format.

Scotland
GVI Forex john 19:18 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
Scotland survation poll likely to be 52% for No camp vs 54% for prior - Twitter
source- Source TradeTheNews.com

FOMC
Livingston nh 19:14 GMT 09/16/2014
What is more important to the market?

Gradual rate hikes or level of rates?

If gradual is important it is better to start sooner than later in the cycle -- or you may prefer the shock of folks who realize they are behind the curve

Chart Points -- Trading Points
GVI Forex john 19:02 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
Pre-Closing...

Scotland
london red 18:54 GMT 09/16/2014
expect it to be leaked again tonight, too many people involved for it not to be, so watch the minutes before.

Scotland
london red 18:53 GMT 09/16/2014
one tonight (survation) at 10:30 bst and a few more tomorrow, the last before the real deal.

Scotland
Mtl JP 18:49 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
what is up with the Three polls on Scotland independence due out over coming hours ?

Obama to Speak
Livingston nh 18:43 GMT 09/16/2014
AAAHH strategy -
When I have learnt what progress has been made in modern gunnery,
When I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery
In short, when I've a smattering of elemental strategy
You'll say a better Major-General has never sat a gee.

Obama to Speak
GVI Forex john 18:39 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
Some time around 21:00 GMT, Obama to announce his program to combat ISIS. Focus is on his strategy.

Current Conditions: RISK-OFF
Livingston nh 18:29 GMT 09/16/2014
Have a care here - treasurys are not giving up anything and they have the Whip Hand

london red 18:09 GMT 09/16/2014
looked bleak a few weeks back but now approaching 200 week ma. 10 week is just about to cross down thru 200 week and you tend to get rebounds when that happens.

Mtl JP 18:07 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
and only a $4 spread to Brent

dc CB 18:03 GMT 09/16/2014
WTI up over $4 from Sunday nite low.

MIXED RISK into Wednesday 's FOMC Meeting. The Scotland Referendum is on Thursday
GVI Forex Blog 17:52 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
HIGH IMPACT NEWS: JP- Trade, GB- Unemployment, EZ- HICP, Current Account, CPI, FOMC

On Wednesday, U.K. employment, final EZ HICP, and U.S. CPI data are due. The FOMC decision s awaited as well. August U.K. inflation data were dead in line with market expectations and should have no impact on expectations for a Spring BOE rate hike.

MIXED RISK into Wednesday 's FOMC Meeting. The Scotland Referendum is on Thursday

dc CB 17:42 GMT 09/16/2014
It's a Miracle

GVI Forex john 17:20 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
R1 or S1 holds on average about 62% of the time
R2 or S2 holds on average about 85% of the time
R3 or S3 holds on average about 95% of the time

based on our backtesting (GVI Forex Database) since the start of 2013.

GVI Forex john 17:16 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
R2 1.3012

PAR 17:09 GMT 09/16/2014
Looks like US markets could be making new record alltime highs this week .

GVI Forex john 17:03 GMT 09/16/2014  - My Profile
10-yr 2.571%

FRANCE
PAR 16:55 GMT 09/16/2014
French government wins vote of confidence .

Good or bad news ? Imho rather bad .

Next Page

Must Read Articles

Using Pivot Points to Trade Forex (Part II)
Using Pivot Points to Trade Forex (Part I)
Trading Made Simple
Get Your Free $50 Forex Trading Apps Store Credit

More..

How to Select Your Best Forex Trading System

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory
Open Forum
Futures Forum
Political Forum
Forex Brokers
Compare Forex Brokers
Forex Broker News
Forex Broker Hotline

Online Forex Trading
Forex Trading Tools
Currency Trading Tools
Forex Database
FX Chart Points
Risk/Carry Trade Chart Points
Economic Calendar
Quicklinks to Economic Data
Currency Futures Swaps
Fibonacci Calculator
Currency Futures Calculator

Forex Education
Forex Learning Center
FX Trading Basics Course
Forex Trading Course
Forex Trading Handbook

Forex Analysis
Forex Forecasts
Interest Rate Forecasts
Central Bank Forecasts

FX Charts and Quotes
Live FX Rates
Live Global Market Quotes
Live Forex Charts
US Dollar Index Chart
Global Chart Gallery
Daily Market Tracker
Forex News
Forex Blog
Forex News
Forex Blog Archives
Forex News RSS
Forex Services
Forex Products
GVI Forex
Free Trials
FX Bookstore
FX Jobs and Careers
Jobs USA
Jobs UK
Jobs Canada

Forex Forum

The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs.

Forex News

The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.

Currency Trading

Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.

Forex Brokers

The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Forex Trading

Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.

FX Trading

Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.

Forex Blog

Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.

WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.

Copyright ©1996-2012 Global-View. All Rights Reserved.
Hosting and Development by Blue 105