2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 January February March April May June July August September October November December 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forex Forum Archive for 12/10/2016
Pick a date from the header above to view forum postings for that day.
Click here to join the Live Forex Forum.
Amsterdam NordFX 20:08 GMT December 10, 2016
Forex Forecast for EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY and USDCHF for 12-16 December 2016
First, a review of last week’s forecast:
- Last week’s forecast for EUR/USD considered a number of scenarios, all of which came true with a close to 100% accuracy.
Let us start with the fact that on December 2, when giving an interview to one of the world’s reputable financial publications, NordFX Senior Analyst John Gordon warned that, in connection with the referendum in Italy, it was likely that there would be a gap at the opening of the week's session. He also said that, despite the increased volatility, nothing close to the exchange rate jumps following Brexit would occur. This forecast proved to be true.
65% of surveyed analysts believed that the pair would once again test the end-of-year low of 2015 at the level of 1.0510. On Monday, the pair indeed fell to the 1.0505 mark. Graphical analysis specified that this might be followed by a serious rebound to the resistance in the 1.0900 zone. And on Thursday, following the news from the ECB, the pair rose to the level of 1.0873. Then it went down to the main support line for the end of November, consistent with the indicator readings on D1, which had been suggesting a medium-term sideways trend;
- As for the behaviour of GBP/USD, there was a dispute last week between the indicators and the experts. Most of the former pointed to the north, even though they signalled that the pair was overbought. The latter insisted that the pair should go down at least to the level of 1.2510. They turned out to be closer to the truth. Despite the slight increase in the pair at the beginning of the week, starting Tuesday it abruptly went down - by Friday it had lost more than 200 points;
- The main forecast for USD/JPY was based on the fact that the pair would continue fluctuations within the boundaries of the February-March 2016 corridor. In general, this version proved to be correct, with some predominance of bullish sentiment towards the end of the week;
- USD/CHF. Here, 70% of experts, graphical analysis, and 80% of indicators on H4 voted for the pair's drop to at least the level of 1.0000. On Thursday, as predicted, the pair fell to the 1.0020 mark. After completing the task, it seemed to have decided to appease the remaining 30% of analysts, who spoke of a sideways trend, and rose first to the lower border (1.0070) and then to the top border (1.0200) of the aforementioned channel.
Forecast for the upcoming week:
Summing up the opinions of several dozen analysts from world leading banks and brokerage companies, as well as forecasts based on different methods of technical and graphical analysis, the following can be suggested:
- Predicting the future of EUR/USD, most indicators are actively advocating the sale of this pair even though on H4 25% of them say it is oversold. The analysts are divided along the following lines: 50% believe in the pair’s upward rebound, 35% support a continuation of the downward trend, and the remaining 15% vote for its lateral movement. Graphical analysis, as it often happens, points to a compromise. According to its readings, the pair may first rebound to the 1.0650 resistance and then continue to the south - first to the 1.0510 support and then, perhaps, even further to the March 2015 lows in the 1.0460 vicinity. At the same time, we must note that a decision by the US Federal Reserve on the interest rate is pending on Wednesday 14 December, and if it is finally increased, it could significantly strengthen the dollar against other world currencies;
- With regard to the future of GBP/USD, some 60% of experts believe that the pair will go down to the 1.2400-1.2500 zone. However, as in the case of EUR/USD, a number of indicators say it is oversold. Thus, it can be assumed that the pair will stay in a lateral channel within 1.2550-1.2700 for a while. Both indicators and graphical analysis on D1 agree with this;
- USD/JPY. Most likely, for the first half of the week the pair will try to stay within the boundaries of the horizontal corridor, which it first entered two weeks ago. Its more distant future, as mentioned above, will be determined by the decision of the US Federal Reserve on interest rates, in anticipation of which the bullish sentiment will continue to dominate. The support levels are 114.40, 113.10, 112.00. The resistance levels are at 116.70 and 118.70;
- USD/CHF. Here, 70% of experts, graphical analysis, and most indicators on H4 and D1 believe that the pair will continue to grow. The 2015 maximum (1.0300) is hailed as the target. After it is reached, according to graphical analysis readings, the pair may once again fall into the 1.0050-1.0115 zone.
Roman Butko, NordFX
Notice: These materials should not be deemed a recommendation for investment or guidance for working on financial markets: they are for informative purposes only. Trading on financial markets is risky and can lead to a loss of money deposited.
#forex #forex_forecast #eurusd #signals_forex #binary_options
GVI Trading john bland 16:12 GMT December 10, 2016
Ignore Yellen post below. Test...
GVI Forex Blog 16:11 GMT December 10, 2016
I don't know for certain, but I don't think the President can fire the Fed Chief, except "for cause" Incompetence does not qualify. I do know the Prez can make life uncomfortable for them. I only know of one Fed Chairman (G. William Miller) who ever was removed
dc CB 14:26 GMT December 10, 2016
Wash Post claims the Russians got Trump Elected
1) Secret CIA assessment says Russia aimed to help Trump win
The CIA concluded that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to boost Donald Trump’s chances, rather than just to undermine confidence in the system, said officials briefed on the matter.
2)CIA report leaves GOP leaders facing an impossible choice
By acknowledging and digging into the increasing evidence that Russia helped — or at least attempted to help — tip the scales in Donald Trump’s favor, Republicans risk raising questions about whether he would have won without Kremlin intervention.
3)Schumer calls for full inquiry of Russian interference
The incoming Senate minority leader said the CIA findings raise the need for Congress to conduct a full investigation.
GVI Forex Blog 12:55 GMT December 10, 2016
Draghi: When Is A Taper Not A Taper?
John M. Bland, MBA
ECB Announces A reduction In Asset Purchases
What might have been a conflicted European Central Bank surprised the Forex Markets Thursday by announcing a policy "tapering" which was NOT a "tapering". As widely anticipated, key interest rates were left unchanged, but the central bank announced that it would reduce its monthly asset purchases starting in April 2017 to EUR 60bn from the current EUR80bn level. Asset purchases will continue at the new monthly EUR60bn level until the end of 2017. ECB President Mario Draghi indicated that the ECB is prepared to INCREASE asset purchases should economic conditions warrant a reversal of the reduction in the support of the European economy. Furthermore, he said the governing council had not even discussed tapering asset purchases further if the economy exceeds their expectations.
Draghi went to great lengths in the press conference to say that the policy decision had not been a "tapering". However, when it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck. Draghi said it ws not a tapering because the ECB could increase asset purchases if needed. Common sense suggests it is not the plan of the ECB to increase asset purchases. I think Draghi is worried about the word "taper" because of the initial adverse reaction of U.S. markets to a Fed "taper" a couple of years ago. He is playing a game of semantics...
Draghi: When Is A Taper Not A Taper?
Actionable trading levels delivered LIVE to YOUR charts
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 27 May 2019
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Tue 28 May 2019
A 14:00 US- Consumer Confidence
C 13:00 US- Case-Shiller
Wed 29 May 2019
A 08:55 DE- Employment
AA 18:00 US- BOC Decision
A 18:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 30 Mar 2019
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 31 Mar 2019
AA 10:00 EZ- Flash HICP
A 12:30 US- Personal Income, Spending, Deflator
AA 14:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube