2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 January February March April May June July August September October November December 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forex Forum Archive for 06/12/2016
Pick a date from the header above to view forum postings for that day.
Click here to join the Live Forex Forum.
GVI Forex 21:18 GMT June 12, 2016
Aussie holiday today
GVI Forex 21:06 GMT June 12, 2016
UK: Coverage of pros/cons of Brexit increasingly dominates press items over the...
UK: Coverage of pros/cons of Brexit increasingly dominates press items over the weekend, most likely to pick up momentum into the June 23 referendum. German fin/min Wolfgang Schauble "warned the UK not to expect to retain access to the EU's single market if it voted to leave the bloc," Financial Times reported Saturday. But on the other hand, Schauble said "that there would be no popular support for more centralized EU decision-making if the UK voted to leave." A second FT article suggests a Briton exit "threatens two decades of peace in Northern Ireland," as "be customs barriers between the two parts of Ireland" would be erected. Times wrote Saturday an "emergency budget" likely to be called to stabilize markets in the event of an exit, while the Sunday Times writes the BoE "will face overwhelming pressure to slash interest rates to new lows if Britain opts to quit the EU," citing "international investor." Sunday Telegraph writes exit camp shows "support for a "Norway-style arrangement (access to the single market, but are not obliged to comply with many EU rules)," While Der Spiegel wrote Sunday writes hopes for a Norway/Swiss arrangement are unfounded, won't work for Britain.
Source Market News International
GVI Forex 20:41 GMT June 12, 2016
Reporting on "leaked diplomatic cables," Sunday Times reports "British diplomats secretly discussed granting visa-free travel to the UK for more than 1m Turks," even as officials tried "keep any visa deal with Turkey under wraps until after the referendum on June 23."
Source Market News International (MNI) – A Deutsche Börse company
Haifa ac 16:14 GMT June 12, 2016
A Registered Democrat kills 50
Turns out Martin was a registered Democrat with used weapon (does not require special checkup). Also was on the FBI radar for sometime. Big snafu for the FBI.
UK Polls 14:58 GMT June 12, 2016
Two surveys published on Saturday showed divergent results with one giving a two-point lead to supporters of Britain's EU membership and a second poll showing those in favor of Brexit were one point ahead.
GVI Trading Room john 14:16 GMT June 12, 2016
WEEKLY HIGH IMPACT NEWS:
No Major Data
08:30 GB- CPI
12:30 US- Retail Sales
00:30 AU- Employment
08:30 GB- Employment
13:15 US- Industrial Production
14:30 US- Crude
18:00 US- Fed Decision
03:00 JP- BOJ Decision
07:30 CH- SNB Decision
08:30 GB- Retail Sales
11:00 GB- BOE Decision
12:30 US- CPI
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
12:30 CA- CPI
12:30 CA- Retail Sales
12:30 US- Housing Starts & Permits
Trading Themes --
- The markets have started to batten down the hatches ahead of the Brexit vote, which is now less than two weeks away on Thursday June 23. Worry about the uncertainty the vote presents has seen investors reducing their exposure to equities.
- Pre-weekend trade saw a move out of some of lower quality EZ debt. This makes a lot of sense for those worried how a U.K. could undermine EU unity. This would also explain demand for German, Japan and US government paper which are generally seen as safer. On this score, increased demand for gold would make sense as well.
- As for forex, the USD and JPY are logical refuges well. Gold demand has also picked up in the latest week. By the same token, The EUR and GBP obviously will be avoided.
- Think about it. The "best" outcome for those items at risk is the status quo, which is no picnic. Major risks are all on the downside.
- It will be a big week for central bank decisions in the week ahead with the BOJ, FED, BOE and SNB all announcing their policies. I don't see any of them changing rates.
John M. Bland, MBA
hk ab 03:31 GMT June 12, 2016
The ONE and only ONE always shows failure on GVI...........
Actionable trading levels delivered LIVE to YOUR charts
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 27 May 2019
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Tue 28 May 2019
A 14:00 US- Consumer Confidence
C 13:00 US- Case-Shiller
Wed 29 May 2019
A 08:55 DE- Employment
AA 18:00 US- BOC Decision
A 18:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 30 Mar 2019
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 31 Mar 2019
AA 10:00 EZ- Flash HICP
A 12:30 US- Personal Income, Spending, Deflator
AA 14:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube