2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 January February March April May June July August September October November December 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forex Forum Archive for 01/15/2017
Pick a date from the header above to view forum postings for that day.
Click here to join the Live Forex Forum.
dc CB 23:50 GMT January 15, 2017
Fascism comes from the Left
flashback to 2009 --- The Hope and Change President.
The Big Big Big issue was the COLD --- 28 deg ...so the performers pre-recorded just in case the violin and the cello would not respond well to the temps.
All the NUZ all the TIME...was it "correct" to pre-record????
No Death Threats noted.
Yo-Yo Ma On Recorded Music At Inauguration
Israel Dil 23:50 GMT January 15, 2017
oh oh oh, market shaker from TRUMP
Trump says other countries besides the UK will leave the European Union ...
Jared Kushner appointed as the special envoy to the middle east ...
markets will have amazingly huge price action as reactions to the two a.m. ...
london red 21:45 GMT January 15, 2017
Cable under 1.20
parity folks. prev lows of interest 12035 12085 should cap gap fill efforts initially. gap will be filled maybe in about a week to 10 days i would guess.
GVI Trading john bland 21:26 GMT January 15, 2017
Cable under 1.20
Yes it looks like UK PM May will be taking a hard line on Brexit Tuesday.
GVI Trading john bland 20:54 GMT January 15, 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Monday Trading Ideas
GVI Trading Statistical Market BIAS Indicators--
The Fed Funds Market Sentiment Barometer reflects current sentiment about a future change in Fed policy. Odds for rate hikes as of the June 17, 2017 meeting are +100%+ for +25bp.
EURUSD MACRO statistical Bias: UP
Spot EURUSD: 1.0646
20-day avg: 1.0490
Pivot Point: 1.0636
The slope on the 20-day average turned higher on Friday.
PAR 18:44 GMT January 15, 2017
US Budget Deficit
We are great.As it comes to deficits only Japan does better. Lets make America. the king of deficits. Yes I Can . I am the king of debt
Amsterdam NordFX 18:44 GMT January 15, 2017
Forex Forecast for EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, and USDCHF for 16-20 January 2017
First, a review of last week’s forecast:
- The behaviour of the EUR/USD pair did not deliver any surprises in the first half of the week. First, as predicted by graphical analysis, it attempted to climb to the height of 1.0650. Having almost reached the intended target (1.0627), the pair reversed and, following the forecast of most analysts, it began to descend to the 1.0350-1.0525 zone. The trend was then altered by the ECB meeting, the press conference by Donald Trump, and the speech of the Governor of the Bank of England M. Carney. Those events led the pair to return to the level of 1.0625 and then rise another 50 points to the height of 1.0685, once it had kicked off from the level of 1.0453;
- GBP/USD. Regarding the behaviour of this pair both experts and indicators were divided into three roughly equal groups: one third of them believed it would fall, one third believed it would grow, and the remainder believed the pair would move eastwards. The pair ended up fulfilling all these wishes: first it went down to the level of 1.2035, and then, reacting to the events listed above, it rose to the height of 1.2316 and eventually finished the week midway between these two values - in the area that has been acting as a support level during the first two weeks of January;
- In the case of the USD/JPY, analysts just shrugged their shoulders, anticipating the release of news from the US. As for graphical analysis, following the readings on H4, the pair fell to the lows of the previous week in the 115.05-115.20 area. After a short respite it rushed further down, which had been predicted by graphical analysis on D1. It reached a local bottom at 113.75;
- Recall that the opinions of experts and technical analysis on the behaviour of the USD/CHF pair were geometrically opposed. The former predicted its growth to the values of 1.0200-1.0300, and the pair went up exactly to the middle of this zone: 1.0247. The latter were, for the most part, inclined to sell it, and by the end of the week the pair fell to a level that was approximately 100 points lower than where it was at the start.
Forecast for the coming week:
Summarizing the views of a number of analysts from leading banks and brokerage firms, as well as the forecasts made on the basis of a wide variety of technical and graphical analysis methods, we can say the following:
- Regarding the near future of EUR/USD, 60% of analysts, supported by indicators on H4, believe that the pair may rise to the 1.0700-1.0800 area. An alternative view is represented by 40% of experts, graphical analysis on W1 and 90% of oscillators. According to them, the pair will strive towards the support in the area of 1.0480-1.0510, and then even further to the December lows at 1.0350–1.0370. Meanwhile, graphical analysis on D1 does not exclude the possibility that before going down, the pair may once again try to climb to the height of 1.0650, which would happen at the start of the week.
- As for the behaviour of the GBP/USD pair, experts still cannot come to an agreement. About half of them are backing the bulls, believing that the pair will move to northwards. Graphical analysis agrees with this view of events as well, with H4 drawing the corridor of 1.2100-1.2315 for the pair. D1 sets targets that are even more ambitious, being in the area of 1.2400-1.2500. The remaining 50% of experts, as well as trend indicators and oscillators, disagree with such a forecast, believing that the pair should test the second support zone of 1.2000-1.2035;
- USD/JPY. When it comes to forecasting the next few days, the majority of experts and indicators on H4 and D1 believe that the pair has not yet reached the local minimum in the area of 113.00. In the medium term, the picture is quite different - about 70% of analysts, graphical analysis on D1 and indicators on W1 vote for the strengthening of the dollar and the rise of the pair to the resistance at 118.65. In the case of a breakthrough through this resistance, they believe the pair will rise even higher to the 121.00 level;
- We can observe a pattern similar to the one for USD/JPY with USD/CHF. 65% of experts, trend indicators and graphical analysis on H4, as well as oscillators on H4 and D1 strongly advise to sell the pair, believing that it will reach the 0.9950-1.0000 area. As for the medium term, the forecast remains the same: the vast majority of experts (75%), with the full support of technical and graphical analysis, are convinced that the pair will eventually rise again to the 1.0200-1.0300 area or even higher: to the December highs at 1.0340.
Roman Butko, NordFX
Notice: These materials should not be deemed a recommendation for investment or guidance for working on financial markets: they are for informative purposes only. Trading in financial markets is risky and can lead to a loss of money deposited.
#forex #forex_forecast #eurusd #signals_forex #binary_options
GVI Forex Blog 16:43 GMT January 15, 2017
GVI Data Calendar for 16 January 2017
January 15, 2017 (global-view.com) UPCOMING DATA HIGHLIGHTS Monday, January 16, 2017.
- Far East: No Major Data
- Europe: No Major Data
- North America: US- Holiday
WEEKLY Forex Economic Calendar:
09:30 GB- CPI
10:00 DE- ZEW Survey
09:30 GB- Employment
13:30 US- CPI
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA Bank of Canada rates
00:30 AU- Employment
12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
13:30 US- Philly Fed
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
01:00 US Yellen Speech
13:30 CA- CPI/ Retail Sales
16:30 US- Trump Inauguration
GVI Data Calendar for 16 January 2017
Hillegom Purk 12:52 GMT January 15, 2017
Year 2017, pairs
Forex year 2017, on bases of diff low and high at least 1000 pips, and +
e/u : in the cards: 1,0000000 . A move to 1,10 can still give us 1,0000. I prefer first 1,10 than down. 1,14 and the deal is off.
gbp/usd : no opinion.
aud/usd : i prefer upside, and already done a few, maybe too late for the big move to 1,12 again.
usd/jpy : work consists of waiting for low and high for the year. It works, patience and s/l.
2017: 1,09-1,21 possible, nice pair!!!!
Trade safe, use rubber.
GVI Trading Jay Meisler 12:13 GMT January 15, 2017
How to Beat Your Broker at its Own Game
While markets are starting to kick in gear for the new year, see what you can do to improve your trading. In this regard, we have created a suite of tools that are listed in the link below that are available to you.
There is no obligation for taking a look and for doing so, it is our pleasure to share our exclusive report, How to Beat Your Forex Broker at Its Own Game. Some say the deck is stacked against you but you will be surprised by the reason for it and how you can neutralize it.
Take a Look at Our Suite of Tools and How to Beat Your Forex Broker at Its Own Game
Actionable trading levels delivered LIVE to YOUR charts
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 27 May 2019
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Tue 28 May 2019
A 14:00 US- Consumer Confidence
C 13:00 US- Case-Shiller
Wed 29 May 2019
A 08:55 DE- Employment
AA 18:00 US- BOC Decision
A 18:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 30 Mar 2019
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 31 Mar 2019
AA 10:00 EZ- Flash HICP
A 12:30 US- Personal Income, Spending, Deflator
AA 14:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube