Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday May 15, 2013 - 09:11:48 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Positive U.K. employment data. Active U.S. calendar
|Positive U.K. employment data. Active U.S. calendar|
15 May 2013 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR- North America: US- Weekly Mortgages, PPI, Empire PMI, TIC Data, Industrial Production, NAHB, EIA Crude
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- PPI, Empire PMI, Industrial Production, NAHB
- U.K. employment data were better than expected and yet another positive piece of data.
- The U.S. sees several releases on Wednesday with Industrial Production data likely the most significant. The Fed will be keeping a close eye on the PPI data. The USDJPY is another key focus with the 102.00 level clearly established. Former Japanese Minister Sakakibara, "Mr. Yen" expressed no concerns today about the value of the JPY, nor of recently rising JGB yields. .
- Markets are still adjusting to the Fed signal that it is preparing for an exit from Quantitative Ease. This marked a key shift from the signal sent after the May 1 FOMC meeting just two weeks ago. At that time the Fed policy guidance was equivocal.
- The purpose of the new signal was to desensitize markets to the actual announcement when it comes. Expectations for an eventual end to QE has weighed on bond prices.
- Thursday sees EZ and U.S. CPI data and U.S. Housing Starts. Weekly Jobless Claims are always closely followed. Friday caps off a busy week with Canadian CPI data and the University of Michigan Survey.
||JGB 0.88% +3bp
||Bund 1.40% +4bp
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered LIVE to YOUR charts
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 27 May 2019
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Tue 28 May 2019
A 14:00 US- Consumer Confidence
C 13:00 US- Case-Shiller
Wed 29 May 2019
A 08:55 DE- Employment
AA 18:00 US- BOC Decision
A 18:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 30 Mar 2019
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 31 Mar 2019
AA 10:00 EZ- Flash HICP
A 12:30 US- Personal Income, Spending, Deflator
AA 14:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube