Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday April 1, 2014 - 10:12:06 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Final Global PMI's Mixed to Weaker than Expected. More PMIs Today and Thursday
|Final Global PMI's Mixed to Weaker than Expected. More PMIs Today and Thursday|
April 1 2014 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR: US, CA- PMI's, US- Construction Spending, API Report.
| EURUSD 1.3790
|| U.S. 2.75% +1bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 142.52
|| Bund 1.58% +1bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6650
|| GILT 2.76% +2bp
| USDJPY 103.35
|| JGB 0.62% -3bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: CA- PMI's, US- Construction Spending
- Today continues to see a slew of final global PMI data which have generally have been mixed to weaker than 4Q13 and 1Q14 peaks. There is no obvious reasons for concern, but if the data are representative of current economic activity, the pace of acceleration in economic growth may be slowing. The Quarterly Tankan Survey slowed modestly as well.
- U.S. and Canadian manufacturing PMI data are due later today. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released..
- Flash EZ March HICP (CPI) released early Monday saw the headline reading fall to 0.50% yy and that data could be decisive in terms of causing the ECB to consider a policy easing at its meeting on Thursday. German unemployment data for March improved modestly.
- As expected, the Reserve Bank of Australia kept rates steady today. The Australia PMI weakened and remains at a contractionary level.
- Final Service PMI data are due on Thursday. Key U.S. jobs data are released on Wednesday and Friday. Canadian March employment data are slated for Friday as well
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM. for comments from experienced traders to events as they happen.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered LIVE to YOUR charts
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 27 May 2019
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Tue 28 May 2019
A 14:00 US- Consumer Confidence
C 13:00 US- Case-Shiller
Wed 29 May 2019
A 08:55 DE- Employment
AA 18:00 US- BOC Decision
A 18:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 30 Mar 2019
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 31 Mar 2019
AA 10:00 EZ- Flash HICP
A 12:30 US- Personal Income, Spending, Deflator
AA 14:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube