Tuesday January 5, 2021 - 13:14:56 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View.com - www.global-view.com
How Brexit is Working for Me
In my article, Brexit is Not Working for Me, I included an email I received from a British national living in an EU country, In it he indicated the reasons why it was not a happy prospect for him living with Brexit,
The article must have sparked an emotional response as I received a flurry of emails from those pleased to see Brexit finally become a reality expressing little empathy for those choosing to live abroad. I am not posting these responses except for one, which tried to be constructive and focus on the positive rather than the negative aspects of living abroad with Brexit.,
I am sorry that person is unhappy but I would take issue with him/her.
- I changed (very simply) my driving licence to French a while ago as they last indefinitely, unlike the 70 year age renewal in UK.
- Nothing has changed on my healthcare; it remains the same as pre-Brexit.
- My UK bank operates as usual and I have had no notification of change.
- I have a “permanent residence card” , very simply acquired, which is an excellent I.D. Card so if the person is living permanently in the EU I wonder why he/her needs visas.
- I cannot comment on the uni fees or import taxes but property prices ebb and flow so a general anti-brexit moan about rentals is pretty wimpish.
Time to get on and make the most of operating without protectionist constraints.
Feel free to send me your comments.
For those interested in trading or just following GBPUSD and./or EURGBP to see how they act as Brexit sentiment indicators, see
173 Seconds That May Change Your Trading Forever
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."