Here's a list of the Trump administration's actions in its first 72 hours:
1. Taken over running of the entire federal government.
2. Issued an executive order aimed at rolling back former President Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act.
3. Halted a reduction to the annual mortgage insurance premiums borrowers pay when taking out government-backed home loans.
4. Ordered agencies to freeze new regulations, giving the new administration time to review them.
5. Received a key legal OK from the Justice Department for Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner to take on a role in the White House.
1. Met with the CIA, where he addressed employees. Trump also took over the nuclear codes
2. Trump's nominee for CIA director, Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo, contradicted his earlier testimony and said he was open to revisiting limits on interrogation techniques including waterboarding if his intelligence officers think it is needed.
3. Raised the specter of another conflict in Iraq, with Trump expressing regret for not taking over the country's oil and telling the CIA, "We should have kept the oil. Maybe we'll have another chance."
4. Spoke to the Mexican president and said the two will meet at the end of January.
5. Spoke to the Canadian prime minister about the two nations' economic relationship.
6. Announced he has meetings with leaders in Mexico and Canada to begin re-negotiating NAFTA.
7. Announced his first foreign leader meeting will be Friday with the United Kingdom Prime Minister Theresa May.
8. Signaled a shift in the Justice Department's civil rights efforts when it requested a delay in the lawsuit over a Texas law requiring voters to present certain types of government-issued IDs.
9. Prepared to issue more executive orders this week.
10. Told the National Park Service not to tweet after it retweeted side-by-side images showing the crowd at former President Barack Obama's 2009 inauguration and Trump's inauguration.
11. Began discussions about moving the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
12. Confronted his first national disaster as President, deadly tornadoes in Georgia.
13. Issued executive orders to withdraw from the Trans Pacific Partnership trade deal negotiations, as well as executive order on abortion and lobbyists who want to work in the White House
kl fs 05:29:55 GMT - 01/26/2017
dc CB, just enjoy it while it lasts
nothing can go wrong with stocks, can it?
dc CB 05:48:09 GMT - 01/26/2017
waiting in te wings. that when/if it hits will do????
crash or rocket.
The latent questions and how many will be taken down. If any?
As they say, the cuffs are off. Confirmation of Sessions (DOJ) triggers the angst.
Mon 27 May 2019 AAGB/US- Holiday Tue 28 May 2019 A 14:00 US- Consumer Confidence C 13:00 US- Case-Shiller Wed 29 May 2019 A 08:55 DE- Employment AA 18:00 US- BOC Decision A 18:30 US- EIA Crude Thu 30 Mar 2019 AAEZ/CH- Holiday A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless Fri 31 Mar 2019 AA 10:00 EZ- Flash HICP A 12:30 US- Personal Income, Spending, Deflator AA 14:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.