- The forecast for EUR/USD proved to be 100% accurate. Recall that the main scenario we laid out was the following: the pair’s continued growth was seen to be entirely possible albeit negligible in magnitude. Once it reached the 1.0850-1.0900 area, it would U-turn to southwards. We named 1.0650 as the nearest support. Everything occurred exactly as described: reaching the height of 1.0905 as early as Monday, the pair turned sharply and flying with a little breather 255 points, finished the week at the mark specified by experts - 1.0650;
- In the forecast for GBP/USD, analysts pointed out that the pair may stay in the 1.2420-1.2570 channel for a while. In fact, the borders of this channel ended up being 45 points wider: within a couple of weeks, the pair ranged from the minimum of 1.2375 to 1.2615 at the maximum, ending the session near a strong medium-term level of resistance in the 1.2550-1.2570 zone;
- Giving the forecast for USD/JPY, half of the experts supported the pair’s fall, and the other half its growth. That was exactly what happened. Having broken the strong support at 111.60 two weeks ago, the pair sank to 110.10 last week. It then turned around and returned to the very same support level, which now put a different hat on and became a resistance level;
- Assessing the behaviour of the pair USD/CHF last week, experts agreed that it would once again mirror the graph of the EUR/USD fluctuations. Once again, they were right: dropping to 0.9813 on Monday, the pair then turned and, having overcome 217 points, reached the height of 1.0030 on Friday.
Forecast for the coming week:
Summarizing the views of a number of analysts from leading banks and brokerage firms, as well as the forecasts made on the basis of a wide variety of technical and graphical analysis methods, we can say the following:
- EUR/USD. More than 80% of experts vote for the pair displaying a downwards trend, indicating the 1.0600 support as the nearest target. After that, the pair is likely to descend to 1.0525, and then even lower to the lows of February and March around 1.0495. At the same time, about one third of oscillators indicate that the pair is oversold. Connected with this there might be a temporary correction and an upwards rebound of the pair to the 1.0750-1.0775 zone. This is confirmed by the readings of graphic analysis on H4. The existence of negative expectations for the US dollar is also associated with changes in the United States employment rates(NFP), the data for which will be announced on Friday, 7 April. Thus, according to some forecasts, the number of new jobs outside the agricultural sector could diminish from 235K to 175K;
- Whilst the opinions of analysts and technical analysis on the previous pair mostly coincide, their discrepancy is jarring when it comes to GBP/USD: more than 90% of indicators point to the growth of the pair, whilst over 80% of experts continue to insist on its fall. The trends for this pair will most likely be determined by rumours about the terms of the UK’s exit from the EU for a quite some time. The support levels for next week are 1.2375, 1.2200 and 1.2110, whilst the resistance levels are 1.2675 and 1.2725;
- Predicting the future of USD/JPY, both trend indicators and oscillators alongside with graphical analysis on D1 point to the pair’s lateral movement in the 110.10-112.75 channel. Analysts, however, display a steady rise in bullishness amongst their ranks: at the time of writing the forecast the proportion of bull supporters has already exceeded 70%. 113.55 and 115.20 are named as the main targets;
- Supporters of the growth of USD/CHF now also exceed 70% of analysts: they name 1.0100 as the short-term target, with the next one being 1.0170. As for graphical analysis, its readings on H4 show that the nearest support level is 0.9980, followed by 0.9950, and that the week’s bottom-point is in the 0.9920 area.
Roman Butko, NordFX
Notice: These materials should not be deemed a recommendation for investment or guidance for working on financial markets: they are for informative purposes only. Trading on financial markets is risky and can lead to a loss of money deposited.
Mon 27 May 2019 AAGB/US- Holiday Tue 28 May 2019 A 14:00 US- Consumer Confidence C 13:00 US- Case-Shiller Wed 29 May 2019 A 08:55 DE- Employment AA 18:00 US- BOC Decision A 18:30 US- EIA Crude Thu 30 Mar 2019 AAEZ/CH- Holiday A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless Fri 31 Mar 2019 AA 10:00 EZ- Flash HICP A 12:30 US- Personal Income, Spending, Deflator AA 14:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.
The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.
The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.
Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.
The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.
Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.
Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.
WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES
CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN
EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE
PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE
INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL
SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR
SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.