..."globalization is doomed"...
- not when it comes to the co-ordinated fake money spraying around at minimum in the G7 if not G20
PAR14:58:17 GMT - 05/15/2020
Lobbycracy. Ask some state loan or guarantee when you buy your jet.
haifa ac 14:31:27 GMT - 05/15/2020
"The use of private jets seems to be booming."
Any where you look--it seems that globalization is doomed for a while.
This was Yuval Harari divine message and the basis of Kai Fu Li investment philosophy.
Seems we are going to kvetch and worry more about our own little community and care less about our fellow man.
I intend to purchase a few private jets myself.
AT Trader john 14:02:19 GMT - 05/15/2020
Preliminary University of Michigan Sentiment Index May 2020
▪ Economics is not precise. While the media demand the precision of decimal points, economics is mainly about identifying trends. The virus is making this all the more obvious.
▪ This is not a normal downturn. This is a sudden policy-induced downturn—like turning off a light switch. Consumers and firms may react differently when the “light switch” is turned on again. The causes of this downturn are less complex than normal, and that may alter consumer uncertainty about the recovery. Normal economic models may not work.
▪ In addition, economic data is largely nonsense in a lockdown. Data quality was getting worse before the virus. Now, no one is filling in survey forms. Economists are asked to forecast what statisticians guess is happening in the economy. It is possible that economists are right and statisticians are wrong.
▪ This means a lack of precision, which makes an "economic consensus" a meaningless number. Forecasts for the US April unemployment rate ranged from 11.6% to 22.0%. The US December unemployment range was 3.4% to 3.7%. Estimates for second quarter Euro area GDP range from –1.6% y/y to –19.8% y/y. Describing a number as above or below consensus is not helpful. Economists—and markets—cannot be that precise about today's world.
PAR12:48:49 GMT - 05/15/2020
The use of private jets seems to be booming.
PAR12:46:07 GMT - 05/15/2020
Mastercard record numbers. Worth more than JPM at the moment. Some people keep spending.
PAR12:40:49 GMT - 05/15/2020
Everything moved online as people WFH and shops were
closed. These figures are crap.
Mtl JP 12:35:35 GMT - 05/15/2020
retail sales massively off but Visa steady at $180
AT Trader john 12:32:53 GMT - 05/15/2020
U.S. Retail Sales April 2020
Headline:-16.4% vs. -4.40% exp. vs. +2.00% (r) prev.
Core (x-a)-16.2% vs. -2.00% exp. vs. -4.50%(r)prev.
Empire PMI April, 2019
-48.5 vs. -64.0 exp. vs. 78.2 prev.
london red 13:05:41 GMT - 05/14/2020
spoos lst wk low 2780 a wkly close below would be a bearish outside wk.
Mtl JP 12:41:09 GMT - 05/14/2020
"shot in the dark" is the new and current mantra by "experts" and gov't types - a convenient, acceptable by the peasants logical n rational "essplainer" by the willy and wolly romping of and by finacial policy and law-making types, in this allegedly "never seen before" situation.
AT Trader john 12:34:42 GMT - 05/14/2020
Jobless Claims in line. Note there have been no revisions. Suggests data are a shot in the dark.
AT Trader john 12:32:36 GMT - 05/14/2020
Weekly Jobless Claims
+2.980mln vs: +3.0mln expected vs. +3.2mln (r )
Import Prices April 2020
-2.6% vs. -3.10% exp. vs. -2.30% prev.
PAR11:48:44 GMT - 05/14/2020
Does Trump wants to go short US stocks?
Then negative rates are a great idea.
Mtl JP 11:37:32 GMT - 05/14/2020
"worst" is relative
had u been short, u d have been warm and fuzzy in the dome rolling in dough
PAR11:34:57 GMT - 05/14/2020
Look what negative interest rates have done to European
stocks. Since negative rates among the worst
performers in the world. Negative rates made European
government debt explode to unseen levels even before Corona.
Mtl JP 11:27:50 GMT - 05/14/2020
Trump says he won't renegotiate trade deal with China
Mtl JP 11:19:04 GMT - 05/14/2020
impetuous is President Trump's trademark
drives folks who think of themselves "normal", "rational", who claim his behaviour "non-presidential" nuts, right into a wall
NY JM 11:10:36 GMT - 05/14/2020
Trump wants negative rates because he was told it would be good for stocks.
His strong dollar comments make no sense other than he was told it is needed to be able to fund the ballooning deficit.
Mtl JP 10:46:01 GMT - 05/14/2020
chinese communists still not getting it; still defiant:
Hu Xijin 胡锡进
I am asked a lot recently: Will a war break out between China and the US? My answer: The two countries increasingly dislike each other, various conflicts are rising, therefore, risk for a military clash is increasing. But meanwhile, they both don't want a war. Am I right?
Hu Xijin 胡锡进
To counteract the abuse of anti-China litigation over COVID-19, Beijing is already preparing to take the necessary punishment measures against some members of the US Congress, the state of Missouri, and relevant individuals and entities, sources told Global Times
Hu Xijin 胡锡进 is Editor-in-chief of Chinese and English editions of the Global Times
Mon 27 May 2019 AAGB/US- Holiday Tue 28 May 2019 A 14:00 US- Consumer Confidence C 13:00 US- Case-Shiller Wed 29 May 2019 A 08:55 DE- Employment AA 18:00 US- BOC Decision A 18:30 US- EIA Crude Thu 30 Mar 2019 AAEZ/CH- Holiday A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless Fri 31 Mar 2019 AA 10:00 EZ- Flash HICP A 12:30 US- Personal Income, Spending, Deflator AA 14:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.