User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?
FOREX Forum

Forex Forum     ← Back to Forums

Sort Order: Latest Post on Top - Latest Post Last            Post Reply

dc CB  17:08:46 GMT - 12/13/2020  
This Week
@ThisWeekABC
New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy says despite “good news” on a COVID-19 vaccine, “the next number of weeks are going to be hell, I fear, so we’re begging with people to please, please, please don’t let your guard down even when you’re in private settings.” https://abcn.ws/3niSMqc

WHO?

dc CB  17:06:02 GMT - 12/13/2020  
Germany cancels Christmas: Angela Merkel plunges country into new national lockdown over the festive season in desperate bid to drive down Covid infection rate
11:30 AM · Dec 13, 2020

WHO did that??? WHO?

dc CB  16:11:03 GMT - 12/13/2020  
Trend --- IRONY
'And Joe Biden wants to rejoin this band of criminal bureaucratic bumblers?'
The World Health Organization has been accused of conspiring with the Italian health ministry to remove a report revealing the country’s mismanagement at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic – the publication of which was intended to prevent future deaths.

Italy was the first European country to become engulfed by the pandemic. The report, produced by the WHO scientist Francesco Zambon and 10 colleagues across Europe, was funded by Kuwait’s government with the objective of providing information to countries yet to be hit.

Called An Unprecedented Challenge: Italy’s First Response to Covid-19, the document was published on the WHO website on 13 May before being taken down the next day, as first reported by the Guardian in August. The 102-page report said Italy’s pandemic plan had not been updated since 2006 and that, due to being unprepared, the initial response from hospitals was “improvised, chaotic and creative”.

The Guardian

WHO

Minneapolis DRS2  20:17:08 GMT - 12/12/2020  
That hurts...I've been to the 21 Club twice in my life. I don't eat at restaurants often, much less a place with 21's reputation...but on both my visits the food was superb...definitely a so-called destination place.

dc CB  20:06:02 GMT - 12/12/2020  
New York City’s iconic 21 Club restaurant is closing down after 90 years of good food and even better celebrity intrigue.

The historic Midtown eatery — a favorite haunt for John Steinbeck, Ernest Hemingway and Frank Sinatra, and a dining spot for nearly every president since FDR — has shuttered its jockeys-guarded doors indefinitely, a rep told The Post.

The 21 Club at 21 West 52nd St. in Midtown.

dc CB  19:36:43 GMT - 12/12/2020  
Trend --- IRONY

oddly enough, the California based supermarket chain, one of the supermarts near me has bread/bagel/baked goods rack...a as couple of time a week filled with 'baked in the store' LAST DATE OF SALE --- so baked bread selling for $4 a loaf --- on the third day gets put on the rack for Quick sale $1.99.

they also have a rack fill with 50% off items...with no rhyme or reason as to why. prob off the regular shelve to make room for higher priced items. This week I managed to restock some emergency supplies --- Black Beans Dry --- 25 cents grabbed 20. ---Barilla Red Lentil Spagetti $1.40 each - grabbed 16.

As noted earlier Too many canceled thanksgiving frozen turkeys -- 15 to 20lb, orig $3lb...59 cents/lb.--so $12 for a 20 pounder.

Big display bins all around the store---Masks(these masks do not prevent disease...All Made in China---Hubei Province .

Minneapolis DRS2  19:05:30 GMT - 12/12/2020  
There once was a time when a starving person could go dumpster diving to find edible things to eat. The truth is that grocery stores, convenience stores and the like throw out anything that is either "old" (more than 3 days for freshly made stuff in-house) or "damaged" (severely dented cans or anything else considered unsellable). Does your grocery store have an "past their sell-by date" rack in the bakery section? Those were really popular once.

Then a lot of places started to lock up the dumpsters, either with padlocks or by putting them in secure areas. Fortunately for the hungry, the practice isn't always consistent. Some locales forbid the locking up of dumpsters, and sometimes dumpsters are left unlocked by generous employees.

dc CB  18:07:33 GMT - 12/12/2020  
USA Today

"...it's not as though there is speculation in this market, that is not the case." - David Faber, CNBC 12/11/2020

Stealing to survive: More Americans are shoplifting food as aid runs out during the pandemic.

“I used to think, if I get in trouble, I’d say, ‘Look, I’m sorry, I wasn’t stealing a television. I just didn’t know what else to do. It wasn’t malicious. We were hungry,’ ”

“I don’t feel much guilt about it,” she said. “It’s been very frustrating to be part of a class of people who is losing so much right now. And then to have another class who is profiting from the pandemic — well, let’s just say I don’t feel too bad about taking $15 or $20 of stuff from Whole Foods when Jeff Bezos is the richest man on Earth.” (Bezos is the founder and chief executive of Amazon, which owns Whole Foods. He also owns The Washington Post.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/10/pandemic-shoplifting-hunger/

dc CB  19:54:16 GMT - 12/11/2020  
US Today:

NewYork:
Following a month-long rise in COVID-19 cases in New York City, Gov. Andrew Cuomo moved to shut down indoor dining indefinitely starting on Monday, dealing a major blow to the NYC hospitality industry as it goes into the winter months.

NYC Office Space For Rent Hits Highest Level Since 2003 As Goldman Flees For Florida
“All the banks, insurance companies and hedge funds are considering options.”
https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/nyc-office-space-rent-hits-highest-level-2003-goldman-flees-florida

New York Must Raise Taxes Regardless Of Whether It Receives Federal Relief, Gov. Cuomo Says
“I believe we’re going to have to raise taxes, at the end of the day, in any event. The question is, how much in tax?”
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/new-york-must-raise-taxes-regardless-whether-it-receives-federal-relief-gov-cuomo-says

two REITs...you fig out what to do and why.
VNO
SLG---mostly NYC Offfice Bldgs.

good weekend --- QuadWitch next week and last full week of trading before the Canceled Holidays

dc CB  16:57:21 GMT - 12/11/2020  
fun with covers

Time

dc CB  16:53:19 GMT - 12/11/2020  
haifa ac 10:00 GMT
MOVE OVER, DONALD: BIDEN AND HARRIS NAMED TIME PERSONS OF YEAR...

You failed to recognize that thiis is With the Trend ---- as I noted earlier the Trend is IRONY.

Time named Biden and Harris PERSON of the Year....the headline is singular PERSON...as in together they are equiv to a Single PERSON.

haifa ac  10:00:05 GMT - 12/11/2020  

MOVE OVER, DONALD: BIDEN AND HARRIS NAMED TIME PERSONS OF YEAR...

https://time.com/person-of-the-year-2020-joe-biden-kamala-harris/

Actionable trading levels delivered LIVE to YOUR charts

GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium

Mon 27 May 2019
AAGB/US- Holiday
Tue 28 May 2019
A 14:00 US- Consumer Confidence
C 13:00 US- Case-Shiller
Wed 29 May 2019
A 08:55 DE- Employment
AA 18:00 US- BOC Decision
A 18:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 30 Mar 2019
AAEZ/CH- Holiday
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 31 Mar 2019
AA 10:00 EZ- Flash HICP
A 12:30 US- Personal Income, Spending, Deflator
AA 14:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan

Global-View Affiliate Program

We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.

Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.

Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.

Contact us

Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube

pic

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory