User Name: Password:      Register - Lost password?
AT Forum

Forex Forum     ← Back to Forums

Sort Order: Latest Post on Top - Latest Post Last            Post Reply

GVI Forex 12:56:38 GMT - 12/30/2020  
That is one reason it corrects but does not go far enough for a reversal.

Mtl JP  12:52:52 GMT - 12/30/2020  
If that were the case, normally I would see "most" being on one side of the boat as a mother of vulnerable positioning as the qtn is how many are left to push it further yet ... imagine a ferry on which most vehicules are on some one side. would you get on it ?

when euro was around 1.2250, some of my s/t signals were suggesting overbought but not overwhelmingly strong enough to mitigate the run at at the 1.2273 high.

GVI Forex 12:43:36 GMT - 12/30/2020  
Price action, charts, forecasts

Mtl JP  12:40:09 GMT - 12/30/2020  
in your 16:12 post

Mtl JP  12:25:38 GMT - 12/30/2020  
you did
I put it in quotes:
"how did you know that "most were long EURUSD" ?

GVI Forex 12:15:45 GMT - 12/30/2020  
Who wrote most were long euro?

Mtl JP  12:04:10 GMT - 12/30/2020  
apparently there is a "Bill market" (that part of the financial system in the UK that acts as the channel where new money is supplied to the economy)

regardless of typo or mis-understanding:
"how did you know that "most were long EURUSD" ?

tia

GVI Forex 11:53:13 GMT - 12/30/2020  
The point I was trying to make is that EURUSD has these bouts of one way moves on both sides ,often out of EURGBP I am focused on the corrections where it trades like crap but do not follow through.

GVI Forex 11:33:26 GMT - 12/30/2020  
The dollar pairs are the main source of liquidity. When, for example, there is a large flow between eur and gbp, it will be executed as a cross but to get the liquidity it will be done vs usd pairs.

Depending on the overall trend, one side of the other will have more trouble being absorbed.

From a retail traderís perspective, rotation means finding either the strong or weak currency to trade.

From a commercial perspective, rotation may simply be a commercial transaction that sees a flow from one currency to another. As retail traders, all we need is to recognize when there is a cross flow going through so we can recognize what is driving the price action.

Minneapolis DRS2  10:56:57 GMT - 12/30/2020  
Jay, a question about mechanics, because in retail we only deal in pairs. In the real world, am I right to assume that the rotation would simply be a direct exchange of "denominated currency" (for want of a better way of putting it) rather than pairs?

In retail, we only have pairs, so if we want to "rotate" we'd have to fool around with different pairs and the respective crosses. But it seems to me that commercial traders would just exchange USD, JPY, EUR, GBP etc. at agreed-upon rates. That's how I see commercials around here doing it...they have USD-denominated accounts, EUR-denominated accounts etc. at different banks, and when they want to buy/sell currency, they tell their banks to execute wire transfers (with each bank getting their cut of course, just because).

GVI Forex 10:05:22 GMT - 12/30/2020  
It would serve you better to take note of what I wrote about rotation rather than focus on typos.

Minneapolis DRS2  18:20:08 GMT - 12/29/2020  
"i" sits next to "u" on the keyboard.

Mtl JP  18:09:39 GMT - 12/29/2020  
what is "Bill market" ? tia

GVI Forex 16:54:19 GMT - 12/29/2020  
Think in terms of how stocks trade. When one sector gets sold off it is often accompanied by a move into another sector. It is called rotation, especially when in a Bill market.

Same may be true for Fx when dollar is in a bear market. When a currency is sold odds are the seller is not going into dollars but a flow into another currency.

Actionable trading levels delivered LIVE to YOUR charts

GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium

Mon 27 May 2019
AAGB/US- Holiday
Tue 28 May 2019
A 14:00 US- Consumer Confidence
C 13:00 US- Case-Shiller
Wed 29 May 2019
A 08:55 DE- Employment
AA 18:00 US- BOC Decision
A 18:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 30 Mar 2019
AAEZ/CH- Holiday
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 31 Mar 2019
AA 10:00 EZ- Flash HICP
A 12:30 US- Personal Income, Spending, Deflator
AA 14:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan

Global-View Affiliate Program

We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.

Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.

Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.

Contact us

Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube

pic

Retail Forex Brokerage Changing!

Are you looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are more critical things to consider than you might have thought.

We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.

Our Best Brokers listing section includes:Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Broker Directory, Forex Broker Comparisons and advice on How to Choose a Forex Broker

If would like guidance, advice, or have any concerns at all ASK US. We are here to help you.

SEE Our Best Brokers List

Currency Trading Tools

• Live rates, currency news, fx charts. 

• Research reports and currency forecasts.

• Foreign Exchange database and history.

• Weekly economic calendar.

Directory of  Forex trading tools

Terms of Use    Disclaimer    Privacy Policy    Contact    Site Map

Forex Forum
Forex Trading Forum
Forex Forum + forex rates
Forex Forum Archives
Forex Forum RSS
Free Registration

Trading Forums
Currency Forum Guide
Forum Directory